The Entertainers: Misha Ge and Jason Brown | Page 7 | Golden Skate

The Entertainers: Misha Ge and Jason Brown

Meoima

Match Penalty
Never heard the word "teeny" before -- in the sense of behaving like a teen-ager? Not criticizing you, Meoima :). Just pointing out that each one of us has her/his own English words/phrases that are perfectly normal and neutral to us, but might be unfamiliar to others.
Yes, I meant as the "teen" in the "teenager". I think Misha is very "teen" but he is quite considerate as I've seen in several circumstances.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In the montage photo Jason tweeted of the gifts he received from his Russian fans, there was a fair amount of candy (top left picture). Maybe that's what Misha is referring to in his instagram.

As much as I enjoyed Misha's programs at CoC and CoR, I was even more impressed by his tweets expressing his concern for Yuzuru Hanyu and Yan Han. I think he has a good heart and just likes to be a little silly at times.

Not completely OT, but close ... when I first saw the tweet, I laughed out loud, and showed my brother the tweet. We both screamed "Orphan Baby chocolate"!

My sister traveled to Russia in the summer and brought back these chocolate bars with a quite well done drawing of a blue eyed baby wrapped up in a 1940s style headscarf; the same ones that Jason's fans gave him and we called it "Orphan Baby chocolate":rofl: If anyone knows its real name, or if it is high end chocolate in Russia, let me know.

As for Misha's tweets, it is amazing that he speaks three languages, and English well enough to even tweet in. Way better than my non-existent Russian and Mandarin. Just his "over the top" personality again.;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nice! :thumbsup: Born, raised, and still live in Georgia here. I don't have much of an accent (at least the other locals are fond of asking me, "You're not from 'round here, are ya?"), but "y'all" has been drilled into me from a young age. :)

Was in Georgia not too long ago! My older brother lives in the Atlanta suburbs. :)

Pasdedeux

Rinkside
Not completely OT, but close ... when I first saw the tweet, I laughed out loud, and showed my brother the tweet. We both screamed "Orphan Baby chocolate"!

My sister traveled to Russia in the summer and brought back these chocolate bars with a quite well done drawing of a blue eyed baby wrapped up in a 1940s style headscarf; the same ones that Jason's fans gave him and we called it "Orphan Baby chocolate":rofl: If anyone knows its real name, or if it is high end chocolate in Russia, let me know.

As for Misha's tweets, it is amazing that he speaks three languages, and English well enough to even tweet in. Way better than my non-existent Russian and Mandarin. Just his "over the top" personality again.;)
Its name is Alionka, which is a diminutive for Aliona, a girl's name. It is a famous brand which has obviously been around for a long time :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Its name is Alionka, which is a diminutive for Aliona, a girl's name. It is a famous brand which has obviously been around for a long time :)

Thank you, pasdedeux! Figure skating fans come through again ...

charmblade

Final Flight
I'm from Tennessee but live in Boston now. I don't have a strong Southern accent but I definitely use the word y'all and get a lot of weird looks when I do lol.

lefeury

Rinkside
What'r Yall talkin bout? I think we talk one way and type another, us Appalachians that is,, Anyway it's so great to see these hard working guys able to relax after competition and remember how to be human and enjoy each others company.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
What'r Yall talkin bout? I think we talk one way and type another, us Appalachians that is,, Anyway it's so great to see these hard working guys able to relax after competition and remember how to be human and enjoy each others company.
oyoyoy! Apalach? For me Martha Graham's Apalachian Springs for ever!