The Entertainers: Misha Ge and Jason Brown | Page 6 | Golden Skate

The Entertainers: Misha Ge and Jason Brown

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Misha also knows three languages and have lived all over the world, so I'd argue that he's also educated and culture. Just in a different way.

which actually could make keeping track of subtle nuance a bit more interesting!

Honestly, i figured Jason had some candy he was sharing was the reason he call him Mr. Candy. Sorta like if someone always brings doughnuts you might call him "Mr. Doughnut"

And considering Jason just sent out a tweet of him at the dentist I would not be surprised if that was part of it. Maybe he has cavities. Maybe he was complaining about how his dentist was going to tell him to lay off the candy.

Heck it could even be reference to the song The Candyman Can.

It could be a did like balletanddancefan was concerned. But there are a heck of a lot of other reason it could have been said.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I find Misha funny, outgoing but he also knows how to draw the line. I have no problem with him being teeny at all. I have seen people older than him being teeny. He is a very thoughtful person as in many cases.

Last edited:

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Eh, I think there is room for different personalities. Even though Jason and Misha are both outgoing, they still have very different personalities.

Misha is very bombastic and funny while Jason is more friendly and polite.

Misha also knows three languages and have lived all over the world, so I'd argue that he's also educated and culture. Just in a different way.
"Misha also knows three languages and have lived all over the world, so I'd argue that he's also educated and culture. Just in a different way. "
??? I born bilingue and I speak 3 langueges (Exept English) but I never use in English "Mr Candy". I think is a simplex MALEDUCAZIONE (NON POLITE), OR INFANTILISMO.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
I find Misha funny, outgoing but he also knows how to draw the line. I have no problem with him being teeny at all. I have seen people older than him being teeny. He is a very thoughtful person as in many cases.

Micha is a good skater. But a non polite person, and too old for a "childish" frases... he is 23,5 years old!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:slink:

I would have thought Mr. Candy was a version of the sports insult for "A timid person; weakling; wimp "

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
People decided Gracie was a racist based on similar social media faux pas. I will be giving both Misha and Gracie the benefit of the doubt.

Scovies

Final Flight
But "dear" MIcha. just moment: "TB to #CoR14Gala "High Five Buddy��!" with @jasonbskates (Aka Mr.Candy)" Aka Mr. Candy???? What means it? For me Jason NOT mr Candy but a very very nice genuin person (and amazing skater of course!) Dear Micha, you are very funny but more rispect for Jason, PLEASe!

Judging from the caption on his instagram, I'd say Misha and Jason are friends (or at least friendly with each other), and "Mr. Candy" is an affectionate nickname or an inside joke between the two of them. StitchMonkey is probably right; my first guess was that Jason was giving out/sharing candy with the other skaters. Or maybe Jason eats a lot of candy? Who knows? For whatever reason Misha called Jason that, it sounds like a friendly nickname to me. I've never even heard of the phrase before, and got nothing when I tried to Google it.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Micha is a good skater. But a non polite person, and too old for a "childish" frases... he is 23,5 years old!

I think you are reading waaay too much into a silly tweet. It's probably an inside joke between the two of them. Does everything on Twitter need to be dissected or used as "proof" that someone is not a perfect human being?

23 is still a kid, in my eyes. I've seen much, much worse on Twitter from much, much older people than that.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think you are reading waaay too much into a silly tweet. It's probably an inside joke between the two of them. Does everything on Twitter need to be dissected or used as "proof" that someone is not a perfect human being?

23 is still a kid, in my eyes. I've seen much, much worse on Twitter from much, much older people than that.

So true. I was really silly still when I was 23 and that's even with a college degree under my belt!

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't think that nickname is anything offensive. Misha call Yuzuru "Pooh" many times (and Yuzuru is the same age as Jason). It's just the way Misha expresses his fondness towards his fellow skaters. Why so serious??

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
In the montage photo Jason tweeted of the gifts he received from his Russian fans, there was a fair amount of candy (top left picture). Maybe that's what Misha is referring to in his instagram.

As much as I enjoyed Misha's programs at CoC and CoR, I was even more impressed by his tweets expressing his concern for Yuzuru Hanyu and Yan Han. I think he has a good heart and just likes to be a little silly at times.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs. P., I'm a relative newcomer to this place, but I'm convinced you aren't from the Southern U.S. after this post. :biggrin: I'm so used to "y'all" being one word. ;)

Actually I lived in Kentucky for six years and went to college there. :biggrin:

I live in Washington state now (Homeland of Jean-Luc Baker!) but I still say y'all. Guess my non-regional Northwestern diction is starting to sneak in.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I went and looked up the tweet (from Feb. 19).

On the ice @jasonbskates ....ops wrong person =))) MEITE Mae Berenice (FRA) skating her SP with " The Question of U by Prince" ^_^ Lol

https://twitter.com/mishageofficial/status/436216352773537792

I remember reading that tweet and I actually chuckled. I don't think Misha meant to offend anyone with that tweet at all.

Unless you're talking about this follow up tweet about "who will lift who?" when someone mentioned they should do a show together. I guess I can see how that's offensive to some people...but still not worth fussing over, IMO.

I took it as Mae was strong enough she likely could lift Jason. I took it as both could lift eachother. All in how you take it I guess.

And Jason did send out footage of I think it was Simon Shnapir putting him (Jason) in a throw triple salchow, so I don't think Jason is so fixated by gender rolls he would be bothered by being lifted by a female. I think if a female skaters wanted to lift Jason, he would jump on the opportunity and make jokes about feeling like he is flying.

Agree with Mrs. P and Stitch that the tweets are not worth fussing over -- and that skating men are not self-conscious about gender roles when it comes to lifting and being lifted. (BTW, yes, it was Shnapir throwing Jason.)

karne's old photo from the Jason fan thread of him lifting Max (off ice):And here in turn is Max lifting Jeremy Ten (off ice) in Moscow a few days ago:

And I agree with Doris, Mrs. P, and others who give Ge the benefit of the doubt regarding the candy tweet.

:slink:

I would have thought Mr. Candy was a version of the sports insult for "A timid person; weakling; wimp "

Took me a while to figure out this reference ... so given that English is not Ge's first language, my hunch is that he was not alluding to it.

Never heard the word "teeny" before -- in the sense of behaving like a teen-ager? Not criticizing you, Meoima :). Just pointing out that each one of us has her/his own English words/phrases that are perfectly normal and neutral to us, but might be unfamiliar to others.​

balletanddancefan, have you seen the close up photo of Jason's Tristan & Iseult hair that was posted on twitter a few days ago?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2hH7PbCIAACwme.jpg:large

If Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat can do it, why not Jason and Mae? :biggrin:

Thx for the photo -- I was interested to get a better look at Jason's braids.
BUT at the same time, the photo also gave me the creeps -- b/c of the thought that someone (a fan???) was close enough to Jason to take that shot. #InvasionOfPersonalSpace

Some American kids just performed a reverse list at Sectionals :think::
‏@SarahandDrew
Oh hooray, a full reverse lift as Sarah Zhao lifts her brother. #Easterns2015 #juvdance #WowZhao
7:12 AM - 20 Nov 2014
https://twitter.com/SarahandDrew/status/535450657785143296 (no photo attached, unfortunately)​

I live in Washington state now (Homeland of Jean-Luc Baker!) but I still say y'all. Guess my non-regional Northwestern diction is starting to sneak in.

" All y'all " was a frequent expression of a popular former classmate from the state of Georgia. She used to laugh with us over the redundancy, but it's what came out of her mouth naturally.

I met her in what was then the Soviet Union, where we were studying in a language program. Her heavy accent from the American South carried over to her spoken Russian. The effect was quite charming.

Last edited:

Scovies

Final Flight

Nice! :thumbsup: Born, raised, and still live in Georgia here. I don't have much of an accent (at least the other locals are fond of asking me, "You're not from 'round here, are ya?"), but "y'all" has been drilled into me from a young age. :)