The Entertainers: Misha Ge and Jason Brown | Page 5 | Golden Skate

The Entertainers: Misha Ge and Jason Brown

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Jason asked Shnapir for 3Salchow because Shnapir is much larger and heavier than him, ergo Shnapir is able to lift him without damage own health. J. could not ask Kori, Jordan Moeller, Mariah Bell or Rohene. I think J. wanted to exercise the big jumps and try what happens if he have a boost in the air. I don't think this was a gender roll test.
But Micha's tweet can be a little bit offensive to Mae. She is muscular but that does not mean she is weightlifter!

I would not say it was a gender roll test, but more a sign that Jason is not the type to say "but that is what the girl is supposed to do" and think it means anything. Sadly there are some guys that would feel somehow emasculated by being lifted by a female. I don't think Jason is one of them. There is still some gender rolling in figure skating. I don't think Jason is one, and stand by his reaction to being lifted by a male for female would be to confirm it is safe followed by giddy laughs of joy at flying. I remember at Sochi during pairs Gannon as asking Tara and Johnny about if they ever did pairs. Tara said they pushed her to because she was tiny but it scarred. Johnny talked about how much loved pairs because he loved being thrown, followed by dead air of his co-host not having any idea how to respond to it. I mean Tara easily could have just responded talking about how she felt about being thrown and moved on, but now it apparently was something Johnny could say to actually shock them.

And I would not be so sure to count out some of the people you listed doing some lifts. Maybe not one handed over the head, but I suspect they are able to do say Ice Dancing type lifts.

I don't think calling a woman a weightlifter is an insult, but rather a compliment. Then again i am a weirdo girl that likes to pick guys up for the hell of it just because their reaction is often very funny. So maybe my view is off. If I was Mae I would be all over trying to lift any guy that was even remotely willing to let me make them my guinea pig. I'd probably be trying to get guys to let me try to lift them, so again, not finding much wrong with the tweet.

They are also only i believe two cm off in height, which likely had as much to do with it as anything else. Usually the female half of the partnership is much smaller in height.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
I would not say it was a gender roll test, but more a sign that Jason is not the type to say "but that is what the girl is supposed to do" and think it means anything. Sadly there are some guys that would feel somehow emasculated by being lifted by a female. I don't think Jason is one of them. There is still some gender rolling in figure skating. I don't think Jason is one, and stand by his reaction to being lifted by a male for female would be to confirm it is safe followed by giddy laughs of joy at flying. I remember at Sochi during pairs Gannon as asking Tara and Johnny about if they ever did pairs. Tara said they pushed her to because she was tiny but it scarred. Johnny talked about how much loved pairs because he loved being thrown, followed by dead air of his co-host not having any idea how to respond to it. I mean Tara easily could have just responded talking about how she felt about being thrown and moved on, but now it apparently was something Johnny could say to actually shock them.

And I would not be so sure to count out some of the people you listed doing some lifts. Maybe not one handed over the head, but I suspect they are able to do say Ice Dancing type lifts.

I don't think calling a woman a weightlifter is an insult, but rather a compliment. Then again i am a weirdo girl that likes to pick guys up for the hell of it just because their reaction is often very funny. So maybe my view is off. If I was Mae I would be all over trying to lift any guy that was even remotely willing to let me make them my guinea pig. I'd probably be trying to get guys to let me try to lift them, so again, not finding much wrong with the tweet.

They are also only i believe two cm off in height, which likely had as much to do with it as anything else. Usually the female half of the partnership is much smaller in height.

Ok, ok, I do not know how to do it in skating but in ballet is also important the technique not only strength! The female dancers are skinny, teh guys too, but success also depends on the girl not only by the male! The female have to be very consistent, can not shake ecc.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Eh... I think people here are trying to dig too deep into that tweet. I don't think it's that offensive, seriously. :hijacked:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Man, I wish I were strong enough to lift a guy. :slink: :laugh: Or at least looked the part enough that people would think I could.

peg

Medalist
Ok, ok, I do not know how to do it in skating but in ballet is also important the technique not only strength! The female dancers are skinny, teh guys too, but success also depends on the girl not only by the male! The female have to be very consistent, can not shake ecc.

Timing is important too. Otherwise the lifter has to rely on muscle power only.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Speech speech....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIA4atAeDzY#t=11

(That Dallas music at the end (@Cup of Russia of all places) really cracked me up... along with that unfortunate Adelina poster in the background, she looks like she want to run away from that poster rather than represent 'figure skating'.)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
They play the Dallas theme on repeat during the medals ceremony at Russian Nationals, too. :rofl:

..lol but WHY!!?????? The dramatics of the 4 flairs around the 4 corners of the cake made me giggled even more! Is it because Putin is secretly a Dallas fanatic?

Last edited:

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Another Misha and Jason photo, posted by Misha: http://instagram.com/p/vnGLTqnH1n/?modal=true

mikibear8
10 hours ago
TB to #CoR14Gala "High Five Buddy��!" with @jasonbskates (Aka Mr.Candy)

But "dear" MIcha. just moment: "TB to #CoR14Gala "High Five Buddy��!" with @jasonbskates (Aka Mr.Candy)" Aka Mr. Candy???? What means it? For me Jason NOT mr Candy but a very very nice genuin person (and amazing skater of course!) Dear Micha, you are very funny but more rispect for Jason, PLEASe!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
But "dear" MIcha. just moment: "TB to #CoR14Gala "High Five Buddy��!" with @jasonbskates (Aka Mr.Candy)" Aka Mr. Candy???? What means it? For me Jason NOT mr Candy but a very very nice genuin person (and amazing skater of course!) Dear Micha, you are very funny but more rispect for Jason, PLEASe!

Misha might just mean that Jason is sweet like candy.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Two ways at it:

1.) That he's referring to Jason as such because he's such a sweet guy (i.e. sweet as candy)

or

2.) He's referring to "Candy" in the K-Drama realm, i.e. someone that is hardworking, cheerful and optimistic despite whatever challenges he faces. That term is usually used for girls though.

So I'm inclined that to say NO. 1. I'm sure Misha and Jason respect each other.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Two ways at it:

1.) That he's referring to Jason as such because he's such a sweet guy (i.e. sweet as candy)

or

2.) He's referring to "Candy" in the K-Drama realm, i.e. someone that is hardworking, cheerful and optimistic despite whatever challenges he faces. That term is usually used for girls though.

So I'm inclined that to say NO. 1. I'm sure Misha and Jason respect each other.
MRS. P.: I hope you are right because you are a very respect person for me, but I think: MIcha is older with years than Jason, and Micha makes tweets like as teenage... I don't like it! Jason don't write about Micha: Mr Candy, because Jason is a very polite, smart and educated person. I think: MR candy isn't a correct expession by Micha! Micha is too big (years!) to make clown in the real life!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
MRS. P.: I hope you are right because you are a very respect person for me, but I think: MIcha is older with years than Jason, and Micha makes tweets like as teenage... I don't like it! Jason don't write about Micha: Mr Candy, because Jason is a very polite, smart and educated person. I think: MR candy isn't a correct expession by Micha! Micha is too big (years!) to make clown in the real life!

Eh, I think there is room for different personalities. Even though Jason and Misha are both outgoing, they still have very different personalities.

Misha is very bombastic and funny while Jason is more friendly and polite.

Misha also knows three languages and have lived all over the world, so I'd argue that he's also educated and culture. Just in a different way.

Last edited: