The state of Canadian figure skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The state of Canadian figure skating

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Lucky guy, Sarah! You and 4everchan would be my dream date(s) at a skating event. Please bring your hubby as well, as I would my wife, who also laughs at some of the questionable performances. :)

HEHE ;) i heard my name :) i use to have inappropriate nicknames for some skating moves... but now i just shut up and :rolleye:

Yes! Let's do this! Next time worlds is in Canada. Be fair warned, I may still call you by your usernames in person instead of your real names. :laugh:

I love how we all love Alaine's sideways sit spin that some have dubbed the "peeing on the hydrant spin", but when Paul actually does a move that looks like he's peeing on Piper, it's just weird...

mrrice

Record Breaker
Canadian's, I keep hearing that Kaetlyn Osmond skates in a Mall. Is that true? I remember skating at the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta, Canada. Is that where Kaetlyn skates? Another question. Do the "Young Canadians" still exist? I think that's what they were called. Anyway, when I was touring with "Up With People" we sang with them during the Calgary Stampede.

OMG, Here they are and I swear those are the same outfits from way back in the 90's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIgLKPwVlu0

Last edited:

skater85

Rinkside
Canadian's, I keep hearing that Kaetlyn Osmond skates in a Mall. Is that true? I remember skating at the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta, Canada. Is that where Kaetlyn skates?

Yes, she skates at the West Edmonton Mall. I believe her club uses several rinks in Edmonton, but the mall is one of them.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
A random hop in...is Drew Wolfe still with Purich? Haven't heard about them for a while. He has great potential as a pair/dance partner, wanna see more of him.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
A random hop in...is Drew Wolfe still with Purich? Haven't heard about them for a while. He has great potential as a pair/dance partner, wanna see more of him.

No, I believe Natasha Purich was competing in singles again this past season, not sure if they're on a break or actually split

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Canadian's, I keep hearing that Kaetlyn Osmond skates in a Mall. Is that true? I remember skating at the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta, Canada. Is that where Kaetlyn skates? Another question. Do the "Young Canadians" still exist? I think that's what they were called. Anyway, when I was touring with "Up With People" we sang with them during the Calgary Stampede.

OMG, Here they are and I swear those are the same outfits from way back in the 90's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIgLKPwVlu0

"Up, ...up with people", Mr. Rice.

Indeed she does Mr. Rice, and by her Newfoundland roots and wings, Kaetlyn loves "a crowd". Newfoundlanders, as people, are well known in Canada for their kindness and their love of life! I know this for a fact, as I am married to one. You would love her as well, and so genuine and so humble as people, just like Kaetlyn.

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Indeed she does Mr. Rice, and by her Newfoundland roots and wings, she loves "a crowd". Newfoundlanders as a people, are well know in Canada for their kindness to strangers and their love of life. I know this for a fact, as I am married to one. You would love her as well, Mr. Rice,...so genuine and such humble people, like Kaetlyn.

I'm a Newfie too! :yahoo: :eek:topic: Born and bred... Well, "bred" until I was two and a half and my parents moved to Ontario because there were no jobs on "the rock" in the 80s. Heh.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I'm a Newfie too! :yahoo: :eek:topic: Born and bred... Well, "bred" until I was two and a half and my parents moved to Ontario because there were no jobs on "the rock" in the 80s. Heh.

Sarah...Respect! I hope we do get the chance to meet someday.

mrrice

Record Breaker

Indeed she does Mr. Rice, and by her Newfoundland roots and wings, Kaetlyn loves "a crowd". Newfoundlanders, as people, are well know in Canada for their kindness to strangers and their love of life. I know this for a fact, as I am married to one. You would love her as well, and yet, ...so genuine and so humble as people, just like Kaetlyn.

Here's me....and the rest of the cast. ;) At exactly 25 seconds into the video you can see us doing the "Carlton" and I'm right in middle, wearing a Rust colored shirt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A71a4qLA4Q

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sarah...Respect! I hope we do get the chance to meet someday.

Yes! I'm holding out for the next Canadian worlds for an epic meetup. ;)

Here's me....and the rest of the cast. ;) At exactly 25 seconds into the video you can see us doing the "Carlton" and I'm right in middle, wearing a Rust colored shirt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A71a4qLA4Q

Mr. Rice, you're such a tease, only a couple seconds of footage of you dancing?! We want more Rice! :laugh:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

I think Drew has partnered with Camille Ruest. Here's a photo of them when they went sky diving with the Montreal pairs. Their Twitter accounts seem to suggest the same thing. They went to Boston to watch Worlds 2016 as well.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yes! I'm holding out for the next Canadian worlds for an epic meetup. ;)

Mr. Rice, you're such a tease, only a couple seconds of footage of you dancing?! We want more Rice! :laugh:

OK....Here's me, introducing my students after they had won the US Championship. We were actually performing the "Try Out" routine for new members so the routine itself is quite basic. This was a performance for the Parents at the end of the season. This was our last performance before traveling to Japan where were crowned World Champions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjwAj9O5rNQ

Last edited: