U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame Electees | Golden Skate

U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame Electees

Danibellerika

Medalist
I am an eternal Sasha Cohen uber so this makes me smile while at the same time think, where has the time gone? I wouldn't have been as big of a fan of the sport as I was if it wasn't for Sasha (and Plushy). I'd usually watch the Olys and that was about it. Then I saw Plushy do his 4/3/2 and Sasha at the Goodwill games in 2001 and suddenly I was a year-round fan.

This is definitely a deserving bunch and save for Ice Dance, the last time our skaters were able to bring home world/olympic medal hardware. Could change in March, could not, but even still, 10 years for the ladies and 6 for the men is something else.

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Congratulations to all the inductees!

As a Sasha's fan I am so happy for her I could cry! It is so great that her achievements have been properly recognised. Sadly many don't see them behind the reputation of 'inconsistent' skater which stuck to Sasha despite the fact that she in all her years competing on the senior level only twice finished in 5th (GP events) and the last three years was always on the podium.
But 10 years on Sasha is still the last American lady with both Olympic & World medals and that even the haters can not deny!
IMHO for her spins & spirals Sasha deserves to be in the World Hall of Fame. Maybe one day she will be!

Last edited: