Vincent Zhou Tests Positive for COVID | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Vincent Zhou Tests Positive for COVID

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If there was ever a silver (potentially gold) lining to this mess, it’s Zhou getting his Olympic medal during the ceremony.
not to be a debbie downer but if i read things properly, there might not be a ruling about the team event in time for that... in the never ending thread they mention that they are going to rule about the individual event, not the team event.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
not to be a debbie downer but if i read things properly, there might not be a ruling about the team event in time for that... in the never ending thread they mention that they are going to rule about the individual event, not the team event.

Oh… well that’s ridiculous. When would they award team medals then?

If they let Kamila compete then presumably the team medal ceremony can be held with the standings as they were?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There have been some really good articles with good quotes from Vincent:

They don't let you do competition programs, he wanted to skate his SP, but he will skate "Sign of the Times"

and this,( setting aside my feelings about the author, this is pretty much a normal article and the quotes are nice:)

In isolation after a positive COVID-19 test in a hotel room somewhere in Beijing – he still isn’t exactly sure where he was, other than it was about a 30-minute drive from the Olympic Village – he kept up with the results, but that was all he could do.

"It was too emotionally difficult to actually watch it," Zhou said on a Zoom call with reporters Wednesday after his week-long isolation ended. "Of course I wanted to see how my teammates did. I was extremely happy when both Nathan (Chen, the Olympic gold medalist) and Jason (Brown, who finished sixth) knocked it out of the park.

😢
I wouldn't have watched either.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Why they don't allow competition programs in the Gala? It is not uncommon for skaters to do it, I remember Yuzuru skating to Parisene Walkwalways in exhibitions. :(

I thought in exhibiton you skate to whatever you want, don't you?

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Why they don't allow competition programs in the Gala? It is not uncommon for skaters to do it, I remember Yuzuru skating to Parisene Walkwalways in exhibitions. :(

I thought in exhibiton you skate to whatever you want, don't you?
I think you’re just not allowed to skate the program from that competition. You can do an old one. It seems like they should make an exception in this case considering Vincent didn’t get to skate it in the competition but oh well.