2022 Olympics Team Event Day1: Men's Short Program | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day1: Men's Short Program

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
finally i get to catch up with everything. Missing me?

-Roman is beautiful to watch, so sad he messed up, i hope he can fix his issues

-Czech Republic box is a family business, right? :LOL:

-Uncle Michal with Bad Bad thing meant bombing the sp right? i feel like crying but i could watch him swagging all day long

-wait a moment is Boyang sober? :LOL: no distracting gold details on his costume? no questionable fashion choices?

-i love how surprised Mark is when he lands things. say what you want about him, he's entertaining

- seeing Morisi i'm thinking i should get an haircut too

- am i seeing right? is Nathan sober too?

- i know my baby boy is far from perfect, but he's perfect to me, a dare you to challenge me on that :devil:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want Vincent to do the FS and earn a medal but I am worried people will crucify him if he falls. So I am not sure what I want........

Would Nathan decide to do it or probably not?
I hope not. The men's individual event starts just a few days later and Nathan is,, of course, a strong contender for gold. He shouldn't risk injury or just exhaustion before the big event for him (and the US, too).

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
finally i get to catch up with everything. Missing me?

-Roman is beautiful to watch, so sad he messed up, i hope he can fix his issues

-Czech Republic box is a family business, right? :LOL:

-Uncle Michal with Bad Bad thing meant bombing the sp right? i feel like crying but i could watch him swagging all day long

-wait a moment is Boyang sober? :LOL: no distracting gold details on his costume? no questionable fashion choices?

-i love how surprised Mark is when he lands things. say what you want about him, he's entertaining

- seeing Morisi i'm thinking i should get an haircut too

- am i seeing right? is Nathan sober too?

- i know my baby boy is far from perfect, but he's perfect to me, a dare you to challenge me on that :devil:
Yup, missing you!

Dpbthomas1

On the Ice
Did someone say they watched Peacock, and could get the stream withOUT commentary? Please tell me where to look?
I do not like Tara/Johnny's commentary. Thank you!!

sworddance21

On the Ice
Did someone say they watched Peacock, and could get the stream withOUT commentary? Please tell me where to look?
I do not like Tara/Johnny's commentary. Thank you!!
When you are logged in to Peackock, there will be 2 choices. The NBC Primetime coverage (that's the one with Terry, Tara, and Johnny) or one just called Team Event Day 2 (or whatever). That one will just be the stream, without commentary.

sc8

On the Ice
Really loved Nathan and Shoma. Nathan’s quads were beautiful and his transitions, interpretation, choreography are wonderful. His 3A was a bit wonky looking in the air. Shoma is really exquisite - huge 3A. He scored 45.5-47 on components from 8 judges and 48.75 from Japanese judge. While I don’t support the 10s he got from the Japanese judge, I do think he deserved some higher components - 9.5 I’m cool with especially for SS,IN, PE.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Where did those minutes fly away during Shoma's program, I have no idea. Lovely skate, I keep rewatching it.

Mark has some spin positions and arm movements that are very visually unpleasent to me, but I am fine with his score. He has potential to grow next seasons.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I've just watched the TE first day this evening (you know, programmes at night and work to do during the day) and I really enjoyed the men.

Sorry for Paul who did not have his Olympic moment..,

The same for Roman. Such a beautiful skater but he just wasn't at his best.

And Michal...I love his style - very much into the rocky music but not at his best today.

Boyang has so much improved on his SS, performance and stuff, but has that made him lose out on the jumps? A pity.

Daniel did well! He has these wonderful positions in the spins (I really want to have one named after him) and he had a good skate. But he can do better.

Morisi was 'good' Morisi today. Sure, he lacks some expression, but it was a good skate nonetheless.

I am a little bit in love with Mark. Some shaky landings, but he's really into it. Good skate and he's just adoreable (perhaps a guy to adopt).

Shoma was fantastic. I've never seen him skate so well before. So beautiful.

Nathan did it. Unbelievable! Great programme. Wonderful to see him skate like that. Yay!

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm half asleep but at least I'm recording it and can re-watch tomorrow. :sleep: