Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 150 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

yhmafan

Medalist
I've been pretty critical of the 1Loop in combination but Yuzuru is one skater from a very short list I enjoy watching do it. Then again he could probably make snow angels on the ice and make it look good :laugh:

that's what literally I wanted to say, so thank you :biggrin:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I've been pretty critical of the 1Loop in combination but Yuzuru is one skater from a very short list I enjoy watching do it. Then again he could probably make snow angels on the ice and make it look good :laugh:

I really love this combo too and am blown away by the the athletic ability required to pull it off. Yuzu makes it look easy. Truely remarkable. :bow: :clap:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really love this combo too and am blown away by the the athletic ability required to pull it off. Yuzu makes it look easy. Truely remarkable. :bow: :clap:

One of my friends did a 2a-1Lo-3t and I was all like....grrr...half loop. But really it was very impressive and good for her for racking up those points.

Yuzu is of course on another planet and I wonder if anyone in the universe can do it with as much speed as him. Such blaze, so blur! :bow:

Esopian

Final Flight
Yeah, I really agree with that snow angel comment; :laugh: Yuzu makes his jumps look light, professional and fast all at the same time. Also, his spins are beautiful!

I noticed how each skater jumps differently and I particularly like how Yuzu's jumps look. We really get spoiled by his great performances sometimes (in a good way) because when we see other skaters' performances, we can tell the difference.

firal

Record Breaker

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I wonder ho is designer of his POTO costume that we yet have to see it. Johnny :biggrin: ? Hope if yes, this will be project of his life :biggrin:

And I wonder if Orser refered by everything is going as planned to Yuzu health, or Yuzu and 3 quads LP :confused:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Copying translation from other forum by user Yude. Interesting things to read, seems Mr Orser is not allowing Yuzur practicing 4Lo consistently, but Yuzuru says that early stages of 4Lo are better than it was with 4S :think:

Yuzuru said,

Quads

He has been doing the run-throughs more than before, but he often can not land 4T in the latter half even though he can rotate it during the run-throughs. But he thinks that he will need this layout in the future sooner or later. To execute 4T, it's important to find out the point he should pay attention to rather than stamina, because that point is different from doing it in the first half of the program than in the second half. He has been feeling everyday that the result of the practice has been reaching to the strength. The speed of rotation, how to make an axis, how to make an orbit to 4T, those are the things changes every time but are probably getting better in doing the run-throughs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is not Yuzuru's quotes, but according to the report of the open practice on this magazine, he had not practiced 4Lo until this day and he was allowed to do it after an interval of three weeks, and he succeeded it without effort. Yuzuru said, "The success rate is higher than 4S of the early days", "4Lo is like a reward to me, it's kind of a spice, it's a jump I enjoy doing." He will be the first skater if he lands 4Lo in the ISU competition, but he doesn't stick to it. "If I do it (if he'll be able to be the first skater of something), I think I want to do more difficult jump", Yuzuru said in carefree.

to be continued--

Camillo

On the Ice
Copying translation from other forum by user Yude. Interesting things to read, seems Mr Orser is not allowing Yuzur practicing 4Lo consistently
Perhaps, Orser doesn't want Yuzuru to waste his time and energy on 4Lo as they are not going to include 4Lo in program anyway (at least not this season).

What worries me: "He has been doing the run-throughs more than before, but he often can not land 4T in the latter half even though he can rotate it during the run-throughs."
4T2T may be really tricky :scowl:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Perhaps, Orser doesn't want Yuzuru to waste his time and energy on 4Lo as they are not going to include 4Lo in program anyway (at least not this season).

What worries me: "He has been doing the run-throughs more than before, but he often can not land 4T in the latter half even though he can rotate it during the run-throughs."
4T2T may be really tricky :scowl:

Maybe he will stick this season with 2 quads, and move plans of 3 quads to the next season, but if he planned 3 quads than he surely feeled he can do it, so I don't know, let's wait and see, only week left :biggrin:

Camillo

On the Ice
Maybe he will stick this season with 2 quads, and move plans of 3 quads to the next season, but if he planned 3 quads than he surely feeled he can do it, so I don't know, let's wait and see, only week left :biggrin:
Yeah, I hope so. Changing lutz combo to 3A-1lo-3S and moving 4T to the second half of SP would be more than enough to increase difficulty.

Can't wait to see Ballade SP again :yay:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Is it the stamina that is required to land the quad in the 2nd half with a 3 quad program?

I think it is more to do with the timing I believe, he was doing 2 quads at beginning of LP to a certain timing for both of them for 2 seasons, and now he would have to do this two and then after a quite time gap 3rd one, but of course stamina also for sure affects this

Camillo

On the Ice
Is it the stamina that is required to land the quad in the 2nd half with a 3 quad program?
I think it's one of the reasons :yes: You have to rotate and land quadruple jump when you are not as fresh and strong as in the beginning of the program.

Kevin has third quad (4T2T) in the second half, but he does too many mistakes ((.

Javi also has third quad in the second half, but obviously this layout is hard even for him - remember, he popped luts combo after third quad at Worlds 14, did 3S instead of 4S at OWG.

Are there anybody else with third quad in the second half? :confused:

treeloving

Medalist
Anyone who are cop expert could tell me to avoid Zayak's rule, what will be Yuzu's option if he triple his second quad toe?