Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 150 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

sjid

Final Flight
Actually, it was the mistakes that made her score so low, with the full BV of her elements she would have been at 61 points(Elena's was 62.08 for comparison), with her usual GOE she would have easily cracked 70-71 points, also her PCS would have been higher and she could have easily challenged Elena for gold. I hope they don't needlessly change that layout too much but rather that Yulia be 100% confident again. I hope she will be confident enough to do harder triple-triple combinations, but all she needs to do is go clean and she can win no matter the layout.

I agree with you that she seems more able to handle imperfect skates and accept doing well even if it wasn't quite the result she wanted. Also I'm so happy she made the GPF.

Thanks for that information, Isabel. I don't know nearly enough to appreciate the details that go into a quality technical performance and its potential. I'm with you on the confidence building. By comparing this performance to CofC we see a vast improvement in a few short days. That's not all from practice, they are doing many things right. Did you notice as she was leaving the ice she shook her head (when she is bent over, just before Eteri gives her the blade covers)? This mild reaction is positive, she's ready to build on today's performance. The CofC experience may actually be an important step forward for her. How's that for irony!

Last edited:

sjid

Final Flight
Oh, Isabel, I almost forgot. I agree with you about the forgetting. If there is anyone more absent-minded than a professor, it is an absent-minded artist. Their concentration and focus is sometimes like a wall. Based on the little I've seen, both Yulia and Eteri qualify and I mean that as a great compliment. My only point is that someone should have remembered the past experiences and that one should have been on guard. That's what both Alba and Volk said, and I disagreed until I read the interview. I will bet anyone a trip to Shanghai this will never happen again.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is a few questions asked and answered by Yulia after her FS.

Full article:http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1025176898.html

So, now you can work normally?

- Normally, you can always work, it just does not always work.

:points:

With two second place on the stages of the Grand Prix you've just been selected for the final.

- Yes, and in general I skated calmer than in China, not throwing program. Maybe emotionally me something is not enough. I also want to add that I know my scores are low, but I have another four years to make them high, "- said Lipnitskaya.

BTW....."Is this the line to stamp our tickets to GPF :biggrin:
http://cs540109.vk.me/c540105/v540105900/2d93e/SttIUb5agYA.jpg

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Meoima, The middle section of Yulia's R&J makes me think of fairy music, beginning at about a minute and 25 seconds into the piece. Here Juliet enters a magical world, the music is like the flickering of thousands of candles.

I am curious, does anyone know if this music is by Rota, or is it by another composer and inserted by Yulia? It doesn't sound like Rota. If she inserted it, it's a stroke of genius.

Is this what you are talking about?

Yann Tiersen – Mother's Journey (Юлия Липницкая FP 2014-15 pt.2)
I found a youtube version :)
http://youtu.be/578ueQC1xyM

I went into the season thinking this whole R&J thing would be right in her wheelhouse and I still believe that. (It is easily my favorite FS music by any skater this season and in a class all of it's own in terms of beauty and emotional accessibility. The only thing she needs to overcome is burnout associated with being overworked and once again have the desire to do all the difficult TES stuff to get points. TBH I think her artistry and presence have grown immensely in my eyes since last season. There is something different about her and it's stirring up emotions I don't think she has known before. I will wait patiently for her to return to her center. I write music for hobby and sometimes even for work. There are times when I can't even look at my guitar or my drums with anything except emptiness......but every time the feeling of inspiration returns it seems to be stronger and wiser than before. This I understand.

Last edited:

kinoriH

Final Flight
Does anybody know what time (PST) the gala starts? More specifically, the time Julia skates?

It starts at 1:30 PM , UK time. In about 1 hour and 35 minutes. :) (at least according to Eurosport 2)

I don't know when Julia is supposed to skate exactly, but probably in the middle with all the silver medalists.

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist

I feel so happy for her :) Bordeaux was really the perfect choice to meet skaters, the venue is so small and the public was right close to them. I think skaters didn't really like the long "runway" to kiss and cry but it was a delight for the fans!

Alba, how was her skin? :love:
(you were also able to talk to Stolbova, right?)

Last edited:

sjid

Final Flight

I went into the season thinking this whole R&J thing would be right in her wheelhouse and I still believe that. (It is easily my favorite FS music by any skater this season and in a class all of it's own in terms of beauty and emotional accessibility. The only thing she needs to overcome is burnout associated with being overworked and once again have the desire to do all the difficult TES stuff to get points. TBH I think her artistry and presence have grown immensely in my eyes since last season. There is something different about her and it's stirring up emotions I don't think she has known before. I will wait patiently for her to return to her center. I write music for hobby and sometimes even for work. There are times when I can't even look at my guitar or my drums with anything except emptiness......but every time the feeling of inspiration returns it seems to be stronger and wiser than before. This I understand.

Thanks Sam. That is the most delicate, heartfelt music, a state of suspended rapture inj an unknown realm. Perfect for describing one who enters into the rapture of love for the first time. They should credit him also, not just Rota. Do you think Ilya came up with that? He may be spread thin, but the quality of his contributions is vital. I am with you on the muisical package. I can't think of anything that describes the blossoming of love with such tenderness and psychological drama. I know a lot of music, and that is at the top as a description of human tenderness. Yes, her artistry is far beyond last year. She has so much expressive technique that she can now express any emotion in all its nuance. What did she say in that interview, something like "I want to communicate how I feel in France." I love that girl! It's really a miracle that she can do both the artistry and the skating, each so difficult and demanding. Everyone is crude compared to her. She really is a genius. I've got to catch a train, so I can't look up the quote now and I can't tell you how much I appreciate youir comments. Maybe later. One other thing, the 4 year horizon is really important for her to develop all her abilities, one year is not enoough. They have been telling her the right stuff. I Don't think we need to worry about them pushing her over a cliff, Isabel. Hope I don't miss my train.l

Last edited:

grantrf98

On the Ice
It starts at 1:30 PM , UK time. In about 1 hour and 35 minutes. :) (at least according to Eurosport 2)

I don't know when Julia is supposed to skate exactly, but probably in the middle with all the silver medalists.

Thank you so much! Who needs sleep when you can watch figure skating! :laugh:

sjid

Final Flight

Amtrak has internet access, so I looked up that quote from this interview http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...autumn-winter-2014.93222/page-18#post-4374031

Q: A question about the free program: why «Romeo and Juliet»?

A: Because the name and age are right. I am a little older than Juliet now, but not too much, and I can yet portray this girl.

Last time I did «Romeo and Juliet», there wasn't a subject, only music and my skating. Now the image is more gentle, more mature. But, of course, I haven't shown it properly in China. I haven't done anyting in the free. Because of failed jumps, all the steps were off. And the image didn't work. But, at least, whatever the next performance is, it will be better than in China.

Q: Without doubt.

A: You see, there is at least something positive. At the next Grand Prix in France, I will try to show what I feel that I haven't shown here.

That interview left me in a state of shock, So many unreasonable, destructive pressures. She was in the cross hairs of idiots. So they hang up on her? So they give her one week to come up with the music (something you will appreciate more than most, Sam)? What skate nerd made that outrageous demand?. It's not as if she wasn't trying, it's just that fulfillment depended on getting the right music. Then there was internal pressure, such as her anxiety over pleasing her fans. I wish we could convince her that's the very least of all her problems, we are as loyal to her as she is to us. This speaks to the joyful significance of Alba's caress, Alba always gets it right, And last but not least the edges, rotations and spins. She has to be a great athlete and win competitions just to get on stage where we can see her. The interview read like a diary straight out of Megapolis. It sounded like she was really living it, a river of pain with no kite in sight. All this in order to show us what she feels. Too bad the master isn't around to properly dispense with the riffraff.

Alba

Record Breaker
It's not as if she wasn't trying, it's just that fulfillment depended on getting the right music. Then there was internal pressure, such as her anxiety over pleasing her fans. I wish we could convince her that's the very least of all her problems, we are as loyal to her as she is to us. This speaks to the joyful significance of Alba's caress, Alba always gets it right, And last but not least the edges, rotations and spins. She has to be a great athlete and win competitions just to get on stage where we can see her. The interview read like a diary straight out of Megapolis. It sounded like she was really living it, a river of pain with no kite in sight. All this in order to show us what she feels. Too bad the master isn't around to properly dispense with the riffraff.

She is so much better. As I thought CoC was just a matter of preparation and time she needs for the new boots.
I'm so glad I was able to see her skate live because I really do feel a lot better. Huge improvement here and she's getting there.
Just needs time and competitions. I'm sure about that. :)

I told her in italian: Sei bellissima, sei bravissima. Ti amiamo sempre e sei la nostra Giulietta. Non mollare mai! :)
She said: Grazie. :love:

Alba

Record Breaker
Yulia's interview: http://rsport.ru/interview/20141123/790278058.html

Thanks to quiqie for the translation: Yulia Lipnitskaya: I have four more years, I will be back

I feel so happy for her :) Bordeaux was really the perfect choice to meet skaters, the venue is so small and the public was right close to them. I think skaters didn't really like the long "runway" to kiss and cry but it was a delight for the fans!

Alba, how was her skin? :love:
(you were also able to talk to Stolbova, right?)

OMG she is an angel. I think she's very, very sensitive girl. :love:

K&C area was crazy, on the third floor. :rolleye: But for us was fantastic indeed.

p.s. Yes was able to talk to Ksenia also after the SP because she came to see the girls SP and she was seating near me with her coach.
She's fantastic too and she had her dog with her in Bordeaux as well. :laugh:

Last edited:

sjid

Final Flight
She is so much better. As I thought CoC was just a matter of preparation and time she needs for the new boots.
I'm so glad I was able to see her skate live because I really do feel a lot better. Huge improvement here and she's getting there.
Just needs time and competitions. I'm sure about that. :)

I told her in italian: Sei bellissima, sei bravissima. Ti amiamo sempre e sei la nostra Giulietta. Non mollare mai! :)
She said: Grazie. :love:

That's all I need to know. It's wonderful you could talk to her, I am sure you touched more than her cheek.

Last edited: