2014 NHK Trophy Ladies Free Skate 11/29 | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Ladies Free Skate 11/29

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Probably because the gold medal was a farce. She gave her usual error-filled LP performance, only this time she was gifted the gold medal.

At this rate, Gracie and Ashley are going to finish 10-20 points behind the Russians at the GPF.

I guess you didn't notice the other competitors also made errors. I can argue that the score was bit high, but she did enough TES wise, even with the fall to win.

Last edited:

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
To counter some of the anger and disgust in this thread, I wanted to let everyone know that the 3 medalists seem to be getting on famously- chatting, laughing, gabbing very warmly before medal ceremony, lots of supportiveness during medal ceremony, very nice positive vibe between them all. Gracie being very gracious and sweet, and genuinely excited. Elena trying to help her find her Mom in the stands. Satoko is such a cutie-pie.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Mah I think Gracie deserves the win here. Even if they gave her the same PCS as TES.

I agree but only because I think Alena was a bit over scored in the SP, Gracie shouldn't have passed 120 but she should edge out Alena

and I'm pretty sure the GPF prodium will be consist of Liza, Yulia and Elena in some order, Gracie doesn't seem competitive enough to me and Ashley doesn't have the tech content to keep up

Last edited:

minze

Medalist
OTOH, missing GPF may give Satoko time to rework on her jumps. She still has the most important event 6 months from now on. A bit disappointing that there're no Japanese ladies in GPF, but they probably need to hit a slump before having renaissance.

Yes. Her day will come.:)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Okay, predictions for GPF:

1. Radionova
2. Tuktamysheva
3. Lipnitskaia
4. Gold
5. Pogorilaya
6. Wagner

Based on this season's performance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
To counter some of the anger and disgust in this thread, I wanted to let everyone know that the 3 medalists seem to be getting on famously- chatting, laughing, gabbing very warmly before medal ceremony, lots of supportiveness during medal ceremony, very nice positive vibe between them all. Gracie being very gracious and sweet, and genuinely excited. Elena trying to help her find her Mom in the stands. Satoko is such a cutie-pie.

:thumbsup:

Will I see your pleasant self in the men's thread? All your faves are in there! :D

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
So Russia vs USA GPF?

Very disappointed in Japan, when's the last time they had 0 in GPF?

It seems like I'm very lucky to have a stream with no commentary.

2000-01 they had no Japanese women.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie cannot continue to skate timid when she has a chance to win. She should have won this going away but backed off. She needs to be more Yuna-like when she's ahead and not be like Mirai or Alissa.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I agree but only because I think Alena was a bit over scored in the SP, Gracie shouldn't have passed 120 but she should edge out Alena
and I'm pretty sure the GPF prodium will be consist of Liza, Yulia and Elena in some order, Gracie doesn't seem competitive enough to me and Ashley doesn't have the tech content to keep up
More like Russian fed and US fed are fighting over on Japan ice and Japanese ladies got screwed up in their home.

peg

Medalist
I guess you didn't notice the other competitors also made errors. I can argue that the score was bit high, but she did enough TES wise, even with the fall to win.

Yes, it was one of those days when nobody seemed to really want to win.

bixby

Final Flight
The SP was great. The LP was a dud. None of the ladies in contention stated well.

Gracie was so messy. She still has no jump consistency and cannot put together two good programs in the same competition. I can't believe that mess of a program scored 123+ points and won the event. Talk about a gifted gold medal.

talk about haters....

thoakun

Final Flight
Gracie comes across as being very sweet and graceful while the 3 medalists were waiting for the medal ceremony. I seldom watch ceremonies, but I don't remember seeing that positive vibe very often.

Last edited:

inskate

On the Ice
Mah, Am I the only one who think Gracie really has good skating skill? :hijacked:

She does, and she was probably the fastest here (at least from what I could see on my feed). That said, IMHO Satoko has an edge when it comes to the variety of turns and multidirectional skating (another parts of the SS score) and it irks me when one skater is appreciated for what is good in their skating an another isn't.

(I actually like Gracie's LP, it's one of my favourite senior ladies LPs this season. I had thought her POTO will be bad while Kanako's will be excellent, but to my surprise I ended up enjoying the music cut and choreo of Gracie's program much more. And I don't mind if the skaters are not naturally expressive via their face - for some skaters, it has to come with age and confidence in their skills.)

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Barcelona is kind of in the middle for all these girls so I hope they don't suffer from jet lag so much, Gracie's eyes were as droopy as mine right now, she's probably back at the hotel to conk out and now so will I, good night everyone

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Mah, Am I the only one who think Gracie really has good skating skill? :hijacked:

No, you're not the only one. Gracie DOES have good skating skills.

Gracie may have been a little overmarked on PCS but she still deserved the overall win imo.