2014-2015 GPF Pairs Free Skate 12/13 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Pairs Free Skate 12/13

whatif

Medalist
You can say what you want (and I agree 100% that SS, TR, choreography etc. were not the best and that that 71 was not fully deserved) but I LOVED each second of D/R: they gave me so much excitement that at the end of the program I was almost jumping in front of the TV :eek:: S/K were good, very good, but just left me much much colder

Well, Meagan was also jumping from excitement each time she landed those jumps. Her priceless reactions after each throw and sbs were so distracting.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Maybe by the fact that S/K are an actual pair

D/R are an actual pair too. Maybe they don't have the histrionics of S/K but they execute moves that are unprecedented by other pairs teams.

I can't believe people are actually upset by this result. D/R got less PCS than S/K, but destroyed them technically. Of course, everyone seems to want some dramatic love story otherwise it's not pairs skating. :rolleye:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I usually try not to be this shallow, but Meagan's hair bothers me a lot...it's very distracting! Please get a new style! I definitely prefer S/K, but I think there is room for more athletic pairs and I can certainly appreciate the difficulty level of what they do, so I'm not upset with the podium.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN 220.72 video
2 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS 213.72 video
3 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN 194.31 video
4 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN 191.79 video
5 Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN CHN 187.79 video
6 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS 184.54 video

apple123

On the Ice
So glad D/R won. I would rather have them on the top of podium than weak-technique-inflating-pcs S/K.

Lota

Record Breaker
To me it doesn't have the essence of "Pairs" skating. One difficult element to the next. I would like some flair, some chemistry, none of that was present.

That's what Trankov said as well and, once again, I have to agree. I love that they are raising the bar for the technical content though :) Still, it could be done in a somewhat... different manner.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Well, Meagan was also jumping from excitement each time she landed those jumps. Her priceless reactions after each throw and sbs were so distracting.

I agree... her gaping smile was distracting. She needs to reel it in... to land their last element (the throw 3Z) and throw quad should elicit that type of happy reaction. But during the spirals?! She looked like a muppet. :laugh:

Last edited:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
You can say what you want (and I agree 100% that SS, TR, choreography etc. were not the best and that that 71 was not fully deserved) but I LOVED each second of D/R: they gave me so much excitement that at the end of the program I was almost jumping in front of the TV :eek:: S/K were good, very good, but just left me much much colder

:thumbsup: Me too, you should see me high-fiving everyone around and screaming YES, YES!:eek:::love:

Irina89

On the Ice
D/R are an actual pair too. Maybe they don't have the histrionics of S/K but they execute moves that are unprecedented by other pairs teams.

I can't believe people are actually upset by this result. D/R got less PCS than S/K, but destroyed them technically. Of course, everyone seems to want some dramatic love story otherwise it's not pairs skating. :rolleye:

Upset with their marks, not the result. Their PCS is a joke and it says...you want to win, start landing those lutzes or go home, and pairs skating is supposed to be so much more than that :(

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Now I guess S/K will actually change their 2A to 3S as they practice. DOubt they will include quad throw yet, though, even though they practice it...

slider11

Medalist
It's not vocals I object to, it's those particular vocals. Hideous. The singer can barely reach a number of the notes and it shows, badly. It is the straining that makes me cringe.

I have to agree that I think S/K should consider the vocals that Davis and White used with Notre Dame de Paris with "Danse Esmeralda." The piece they use is hard on the ears. BUT I prefer S/K's skating and performance to Duhamel and Radford. Besides not caring for the Canadian's piece of music I find them very mechanical and many of their moves very telegraphed. They can rack the technical points but I am not impressed with the overall artistic quality. Megan's over the top facial expressions do not make for an artistically pleasing piece. Actually the performance that I think has the most potential and the one I'd like to see again is Kavaguti and Smirnov's I think Alexander needs to get into better shape so he can sustain some of those lifts and positions better and not look like he's ready to collapse at the end. Poor Yuka. Does this girl ever smile? She has beautiful balletic moves but maybe some additional strength training on her part would help. BUT I LOVE that music and what they are doing on the ice. I have hopes for this to be podium-worth at Worlds.

salchowx4

On the Ice

They barely got less PCS. It's a joke.

Oh well, we have years of this to look forward to.

apple123

On the Ice
Mozer's pairs have no flair. From V/T to S/K. All they have is consistency and endless backup from the judges. How ironic for Trankov to criticize the lack of flair.