Patrick Chan | Page 216 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

luckiest1

Rinkside
Here is a feel good picture for us: Awwww, sweet joy.
Thanks for posting this! It was taken during gala practice, it was such a cute moment. I think they carry that stuffed lobster around with them and take it's picture with different people.

Another cute moment from gala practice was when Dylan Moscovitch and Patrick were goofing around and doing a pairs spin together. Dylan is taller so he was the man, and Patrick kind of fit underneath him where the woman would usually be, both in a camel position (do you know what I mean)? Anyways Patrick kept breaking up laughing because Dylan was touching his "belly fat". It was so funny. I wish I had a picture of it but I wasn't quick enough.

I flew home on the early 7:15 am flight Monday morning, and Patrick was also on the same flight! He sat about 2 rows behind us on the opposite side, and went to sleep pretty quickly. I went past him to go to the bathroom and his head was kind of hanging over into the aisle a little bit. So cute! Later, my mom had to use the bathroom and she was able to congratulate him because he was also in line for the bathroom. That was just prior to landing. We saw him exit the plane with Kathy but we didn't see them in the luggage area.

blueberryhill

On the Ice
I flew home on the early 7:15 am flight Monday morning, and Patrick was also on the same flight! He sat about 2 rows behind us on the opposite side, and went to sleep pretty quickly. I went past him to go to the bathroom and his head was kind of hanging over into the aisle a little bit. So cute! Later, my mom had to use the bathroom and she was able to congratulate him because he was also in line for the bathroom. That was just prior to landing. We saw him exit the plane with Kathy but we didn't see them in the luggage area.
I am both happy for you but also green with envy!!!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting this! It was taken during gala practice, it was such a cute moment. I think they carry that stuffed lobster around with them and take it's picture with different people.

Another cute moment from gala practice was when Dylan Moscovitch and Patrick were goofing around and doing a pairs spin together. Dylan is taller so he was the man, and Patrick kind of fit underneath him where the woman would usually be, both in a camel position (do you know what I mean)? Anyways Patrick kept breaking up laughing because Dylan was touching his "belly fat". It was so funny. I wish I had a picture of it but I wasn't quick enough.

Luckiest1 indeed!

I am both happy for you but also green with envy!!!

Now we have a greenberryhill in our midst. :biggrin:

luckiest1

Rinkside
Ha ha my nickname "luckiest1" dates back to 1996/7 when I lived across the street from the Mariposa school of skating in Barrie. I used to attend a lot of the practice sessions as they were open to the public. In fact, I attended every single elite session for the three weeks prior to the Nagano Olympics. I used to drive a school bus so I would park it in the lot in between my runs and the timing just worked out.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

Luckiest1, thank you so much for coming back here and sharing your stories! How wonderful that your mom was able to congratulate him in person, too! I'm glad he was able to get a good rest on the flight without being disturbed. :agree:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
We would like to touch Patrick's belly fat too, wouldn't we? :laugh:

Luckiest1, thank you so much for coming back here and sharing your stories! How wonderful that your mom was able to congratulate him in person, too! I'm glad he was able to get a good rest on the flight without being disturbed. :agree:

I'm sure he is very good at getting maximum sleep in a plane. :)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
And here is the latest list of Patrick's upcoming appearances. Let us know if you are going!

February 16-21, 2016 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, Taipei, Taiwan
March 28 - April 3, 2016 World Figure Skating Championships, Boston, MA
April 9-10, 2016 Stars on Ice, Osaka, Japan
April 15-17, 2016 Stars on Ice, Tokyo, Japan
April 29, 2016 Stars on Ice, Halifax, NS
May 1, 2016 Stars on Ice, Ottawa, ON
May 6, 2016 Stars on Ice, Toronto, ON
May 7, 2016 Stars on Ice, Hamilton, ON
May 8, 2016 Stars on Ice, London, ON
May 11, 2016 Stars on Ice, Winnnipeg, MB
May 13, 2016 Stars on Ice, Edmonton, AB
May 14, 2016 Stars on Ice, Saskatoon, SK
May 15, 2016 Stars on Ice, Calgary, AB
May 18, 2016 Stars on Ice, Kelowna, BC
May 19, 2016 Stars on Ice, Vancouver, BC
May 21, 2016 Stars on Ice, Victoria, BC

luckiest1

Rinkside
It took us a minute to figure out what he was saying, because I don't really think he has much belly fat! LOL I think it must have tickled, because every time they tried to do the spin Patrick would fall out of it laughing hysterically and going on about his belly fat.

May 8, 2016 Stars on Ice, London, ON
I'm going to this one! :) :) :)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
It took us a minute to figure out what he was saying, because I don't really think he has much belly fat! LOL I think it must have tickled, because every time they tried to do the spin Patrick would fall out of it laughing hysterically and going on about his belly fat.

I'm going to this one! :) :) :)

Gosh, now I wish you had caught it all on video! :laugh:

happylife

On the Ice
The cutest smile from Patrick and all the beautiful postings this morning make my day. The colour of the stuffed lobster goes very good with Patrick's team sweatshirt(just my opinion).
I'm back and it's been quiet in here. So how is the bashing party out there going? Shame about all that self poisoning with mind toxins......

Here is a feel good picture for us: Awwww, sweet joy.

blueberryhill

On the Ice
Now we have a greenberryhill in our midst. :biggrin:
I appreciate the quick wit of the greenberryhill reference. I'm going to use it to remind myself to be gracious when I don't want to be! :slink:

This is not a Patrick story but it is skating related. I was gifted a pair of tickets to the 2010 Stars on Ice from my brother. He paid approx $90 each. (Yes, it was very sweet of him!) At SOI I ran into a friend who is NOT a skating fan. It was her mother's day present. I met up with her a week later and out of curiosity asked about her tickets. It turns out her son used a 2 for 1 coupon and bought 4 tickets for under $100 - probably even less.

(A few years back, the on-ice seating at SOI was two rows deep. Right before the start of the show they would make an announcement and upgrade some lucky fans down to ice level. They haven't done that recently.)

Well ... guess who got upgraded to ice level that night??? :palmf: When she told me ... I was speechless and I probably turned every shade of green there was. :shocked: I've told this story many, many times and I've always ended it by saying "This woman's got horseshoes up her bu##!!!" Yep, that was a greenberryhill moment!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I appreciate the quick wit of the greenberryhill reference. I'm going to use it to remind myself to be gracious when I don't want to be! :slink:

This is not a Patrick story but it is skating related. I was gifted a pair of tickets to the 2010 Stars on Ice from my brother. He paid approx $90 each. (Yes, it was very sweet of him!) At SOI I ran into a friend who is NOT a skating fan. It was her mother's day present. I met up with her a week later and out of curiosity asked about her tickets. It turns out her son used a 2 for 1 coupon and bought 4 tickets for under $100 - probably even less.

(A few years back, the on-ice seating at SOI was two rows deep. Right before the start of the show they would make an announcement and upgrade some lucky fans down to ice level. They haven't done that recently.)

Well ... guess who got upgraded to ice level that night??? :palmf: When she told me ... I was speechless and I probably turned every shade of green there was. :shocked: I've told this story many, many times and I've always ended it by saying "This woman's got horseshoes up her bu##!!!" Yep, that was a greenberryhill moment!

I had a very different experience at SOI in Montreal last year. I bought two very first row seats by the aisle about a week before and invited a friend who was traveling a lot in Quebec at the time for a break from his hectic schedue. He came up from Sherbrooke just to join me for the evening and had to get back for an early morning meeting the next day. He was so tired that he left after the first half, but not before telling me he ran into Joannie on his way to the rest room and that they had been friends for a year. So I sat alone with an empty seat between me and the aisle and was surprised by my friend Richard Baxter who had spotted me coming into the arena. I was happy that he was inside the Bell Center enjoying a show rather than bucket drumming outside. He brought his wife for their first anniversary because she was a skating fan. I offered the vacated seat to him so he got his wife to sit there while he squatted in the aisle next to her.

I was so happy for a few days thinking how much joy my two tickets brought 4 people as it was a real upgrade for my friends Richard and Rosie who enjoyed the show so much more with me.

Years ago, I was able to buy only two seats on the upper level. After the break, I upgraded myself to a nice small empty section (probably unused corporate tickets) and was so natural that we were the only squatters not chased away by the guard. :biggrin: The big bonus was that Alexei Yagudin came out to stand in the entry right by me to watch Todd Elredge's entire program. I could have reached out to touch his hair!

blueberryhill

On the Ice
Years ago, I was able to buy only two seats on the upper level. After the break, I upgraded myself to a nice small empty section (probably unused corporate tickets) and was so natural that we were the only squatters not chased away by the guard. :biggrin: The big bonus was that Alexei Yagudin came out to stand in the entry right by me to watch Todd Elredge's entire program. I could have reached out to touch his hair!
I've always wanted to do that but I've never had the nerve. Wish I had your moxie! (I guess the trick is to look like you belong there.)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I've always wanted to do that but I've never had the nerve. Wish I had your moxie! (I guess the trick is to look like you belong there.)

I also didn't pick the front two rows but tried to blend in, and looked liked I had been there all along. Hey, no point letting perfectly good seats go to waste.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
what? where? :)
Thank you MIM for your review. I think there is a fatigue factor affecting both his technical and artistic outputs at the Nationals, particularly in the second half of the program. I schedule him to complete his new technical content at 4CC and get it all together at Worlds. :) Smooth sailing, baby, smooth sailing. :biggrin:

I think you will be moved by Patrick's love letter at Worlds. Wonder if calica, undolaure and 4verchan are aware that Patrick has been writing love letters to you. :think:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :love: