2016 Europeans Pairs Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Pairs Free Skate

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I was very surprised that V/T got only 73 in PCS. Their scoring was really fair this time!

It was a melt down for S/M at the end. Till the middle is was strong. Someone pushes their PCS. But I do not want to complain because Aljona were underrated very often.

Maybe the competition was to early... many weak lifts and no real cool skate.

Yes, why have the Pairs to be in the morning? At least this year they can attend the banquet.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
well marred comp for me due to AR

but VT is amazing & for that thanks Euros!:hap10:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
2 goddesses in red on the podium right now. Both are the best female pairs currently competing (with Ksenia too)

glacial87

Rinkside
One can say that others get away with great elements and not much else. Most noticeable Plushenko in Sochi. But he had loads of charisma and owned the ice, while Massot has power in certain elements, but looks tentative and not very polished.
Vartmann/Blommaert are much more enjoyable to watch (with the elements it should be great). :hap10:

Lota

Record Breaker
I can give one reason as to why this competitions was very difficult for the pairs. The schedule. After listening to TAT throughout this competition and the T/M interview, I can tell that this schedule was crazy to the pairs, they never skate that early. The training began at 6am and that is incredibly difficult, especially for the pairs, where sleepiness can result in very very bad things.

That is something I also don't understand. Why did the competition begin so early? And why are the pairs the first to go today? I mean, they were the last to start among all 4 disciplines...

As ar as I know, after Ice Dance, there is no banquet or anything. It's Saturday. What. The. Hell. :ddevil: :hpull:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV RUS 222.66 1 1 video
2 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER 200.78 2 3 video
3 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS 197.55 3 2 video
4 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 185.55 5 5 video
5 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA 182.61 8 4 video
6 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA 178.97 6 6 video
7 Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS 174.72 7 7 video
8 Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER 171.30 4 8 video

mmmm Im not sure but Tarasova just went like "gnagnagnagnangnannan*... AAliona" after the guy said something.

* this is how it sounded to me and it wasn't words.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
The judges are willing to place Savchenko & Massot on the podium at Worlds with these scores. They lost about 16-18 points in TES (not counting the GOEs they could have earned) for botched and invalid lifts along with missed levels on other elements. Their PCS would soar as well if they did everything clean.

Giselle

Medalist
they would be busy bickering with each other
Aliona will be worst than Mukhortova in KnC drama :dev2:

Aliona: Max we need to train Quad twist and Quad throw!
Max: I will NEVER attempt the Quad! My superior interpretation skills and dramatic expressions will get us the Gold!
Aliona: No, my plan is better!
Max: My plan is better!

Then if they miss a lift they'll BOTH stare at each other on the ice during 5 mins :dev2: