2016 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate

lyndichee

Medalist
They even lost around 8 points technically. TES could be 80.

Maybe they should cancel the Quadtwist. Today is has only be level1.

I wish they would cancel the 4STh. They've done lots of great 4Tw in the past Her foot is not good and the twist will give Han more of the grunt work. From what they said, they want it for worlds and I am guessing due to the Russian strength.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Tania & Max, Ksenia & Fedor, Sui & Han and who else for you? D&R or Savchenko & Massot?

I think all five are in the mix.

D\R obviously

My original text said possibly 5 pairs, But not sold on Savchenko\Massot in the Free yet

lyndichee

Medalist
Chris is taller than Han even though he's on a lower step :laugh:

The medals look so tiny, I could order larger ones from a customization store here for $4 a piece :disapp: Should make it more grandiose so it looks more legitimate.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I wish they would cancel the 4STh. They've done lots of great 4Tw in the past Her foot is not good and the twist will give Han more of the grunt work. From what they said, they want it for worlds and I am guessing due to the Russian strength.

IMO there is no way they will cancel the 4STh. 10,49 points. Goodness me. That is big!

S/K got level 4 on the Tw. To my mind that is first time in history. 10,53!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
PB score by 1 point! Clean skates across both programs could have them winning in Boston.

I think if all the 4-5 top teams skate clean it will be (no idea about the order for these two) Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov and the rest of the world. :biggrin:

lyndichee

Medalist
IMO there is no way they will cancel the 4STh. 10,49 points. Goodness me. That is big!

S/K got level 4 on the Tw. To my mind that is first time in history. 10,53!

Sui seems too pumped at this point to cancel it but I think they should think long-term for her. They will likely want to compete in the 2022 Olympics at home, she should take it easy.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eugh!!!!

A dance music remix of "We Are The Champions"???!!! :eek:

Sacrilege!!! :mad:

You CAN'T mess with Queen music like that!!! :furious:

Freddie will be spinning in his grave!!! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Sui and Han - for me a world class even with 2 falls, quads were A-MA-ZING - throw 4S was looking so effortless, so easy and that's how it shoud be done. Shame about these falls, especially the one during steps - but unlikely other pairs it really did not disturb whole performance and did not disturbing my enjoyment.

I don't agree with this FS lacking drama building - for me it's quite opposite, especially bearing in mind her health state and elements planned. What took me the most this time watching their FS is their chemistry and interpretation - from the very beginning they set the feel for the program, every gesture, transitions between elements were in character of music. They really matured since last year - it shows, especially in her presentation. For me, they have the best set of programs this season - both masterful, both powerful, both with great presentation. And the ending of this FS is everything!

Alexa and Chris are not exactly mu cp of tea, but I really admire them stepping up the game, developing massively during last 2-3 seasons and way they can presenting themselves. They are statuesque, make beautiful duo and when they hit their content they are a sight to behold. She's sometimes too much in terms of expression, but overall I admire their hard work and determination - the program was really good, big congratulations!!

Sad for Yu/Jin - I imagine if they would hit their programs, they'd be more supported/promoted...They are such an intricate duo, very unique. Regardless of falls, troubles her arms and posture on and off ice is my everything :love:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
At first i thought S\H were a bit underscored in Tech,
But looking at the protocols you wouldn't even know that her hand touched down on the throw Flip,
Or that they went out of sync in the SBS spin, So nevermind ;)

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Sui and Han only had one fall, right? Only one that I could see when watching (during there SBS jumps). Some people are saying two falls, but I didn't see the first one? And if my memory serves me right, they only had -1 deduction.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN 221.91 1 1 video
2 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM USA 207.96 3 2 video
3 Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN CHN 187.33 4 3 video
4 Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O SHEA USA 182.02 7 4 video
5 Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN 179.67 5 5 video
6 Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN USA 175.08 6 6 video
7 Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM PRK 157.24 8 7 video
8 Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN 148.82 10 8 video
9 Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU AUDET JPN 145.33 9 9 video

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I think if all the 4-5 top teams skate clean it will be (no idea about the order for these two) Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov and the rest of the world. :biggrin:

If all 4-5 teams go clean I'd have the podium consist of D\R, S\K and S\H in whichever order the specific judges decide on that day

pandatours

On the Ice
I actually wonder what it's like for those North Korean pairs to travel to a country that's not that far from theirs and have it be like...a whole new world. Are they allowed to sightsee? I doubt they talk to any of their competitors but do they know about them? When they do home do they tell the public that they actually won? It intrigues me

HanDomi

Record Breaker
wow at Sui/Han throw quad, the best in the world currently. Not that there are many right now, but superior quality to D/R :hap57:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I think there was a only a fall on the 3S and 1 hand touch down on throw flip. touch downs with 1 hand should result in -1 to -2 GOE (2 hands/2-footed landing is -2 GOE and a fall landing is -3 GOE)

Yeah, the fall and the 1 hand touch down were the only two things I noticed... But people were saying she fell on some kind of footwork before the 3S? I didn't notice anything, but I could be wrong (and it's quite early in the morning where I'm at right now :laugh: )

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yeah, the fall and the 1 hand touch down were the only two things I noticed... But people were saying she fell on some kind of footwork before the 3S? I didn't notice anything, but I could be wrong (and it's quite early in the morning where I'm at right now :laugh: )

Yeah, I initially stated 2 falls (I'm tired). It was just some slide choreography