Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 505 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

pomelowood

On the Ice
Same:hopelessness: I really hope her LP isn't Hello too. I am not a fan of this song don't understand why everybody seem to love it.
I think when we were young or fire to the rain are better than Hello.
But I truly hope that by the meaning of " a very recognizable LP by its character and by its hit status", may be is a soundtrack from very famous movie or TV show, like Lord of the rings or game of thrones.
I would immediately what it’s about if she dresses up like an elf or Daenerys:laugh:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I have no idea what it is about Yulia that captivates me so much, but the way she skates, the way she holds herself, her gestures, everything - it's just so beautiful.

Last edited:

MalAssada

Medalist
When she skates, she seems to be in her own world and I love it.

About the music, I hope it doesn't have lyrics - I love her Elvis program, but I miss the pianos and violins...

Manitou

Medalist
I would immediately what it’s about if she dresses up like an elf or Daenerys:laugh:

I don't remember seeing anyone skating to GoT music, but it would have to be extremely dynamic, energetic and perfectly executed. Yulia as Mother of the Dragons? Or rather Arya?
I can see Ashley as Cersei, though...

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I also thought of a film soundtrack when I read "immediately recognizable iconic music". I sort of picture her playing the role of Rey to the Star Wars theme... that would be awesome :peace: I can't recall anyone skating to that theme yet, or done anything memorable with that tune so far.

louisinsane

Rinkside

I will translate what Lakernik says in the interview, if you don't mind :)

"Yulia looks well, she has become thiner and she is training really seriously, coach Urmanov is working serously, with pleasure. I've watched the step sequences, Yulia performs all jumps. However it is important to realize that it's onlu June now and it is not untill autumn that we will see how the elements are fitted into the programs*. I like what I have seen. It's a plesure when people set high goals".
I think here he actually means both a real outline of the programs and the way Yulia will cope with the execution of the elements.

louisinsane

Rinkside
By the way, on Russian FSO we're already racking our brains what will it be...I mean the free skate.
First there were ideas that it should be something of the classical images like the Firebird or Сarmen. But then there was a commentary from the girl who watched the part of Julia's training with her LP (she posted it vkontakte in Julia's official group). She said that it's not gonna be Karmen or Firebird but it's "a lot more simpler and very unexpected". However she didn't rifute the ideas of the Swan Lake (there were many in the chat). As for me I keep on thinking that it might be SL because of the photos Julia posted previously with her hands spread over her body like the wings and her back bent in a ballet-like style...It really might be in some new interesting and "unexpected" interpretation. Though I would prefer to see a traditional ballet Swan. With Yulia's lines, posture, gestures, expression...No more words. I do believe it would be a masterpiece of the modern figure skating.
And, what do you, guys, expect and suspect? Please, share your ideas and views. We have a plenty of time for a guessing game :yay:

buton

On the Ice
My first thought, when I read the Urmanov's interview was Titanic, my second was Whitney's "I will always love you", my third was "Let it go" from Frozen. Well, let's see.

Imagine

Medalist
Let It Go is too short....but now that you mention it, Titanic may be a real possibility...not sure if it's unexpected though since Elena just did it.

It could also be a musical number I imagine...Memories from Cats (oh god, no) or something from Wicked? She could also do Disney...perhaps return to the abandoned Mulan plan. Yulia doesn't seem to be a big time Disney fan though...so its not likely.

I personally hope it is Swan Lake cause she was born to skate that music...not sure if SL can be considered a hit song though...recognizeable, yes...but a true hit? Not so sure.

As far as pop songs go...I agree that it could be I Will Always Love You though I sure hope it isn't. It might be a Michael Jackson song...but please no. No more Fabian, no more Beyonce...just no pop songs please lol.

Ituriel

On the Ice
Now my curiosity is a torture device :drama:

What I expect:
- Game of thrones
- Star wars
- Suicide Squad (Bohemian Rhapsody trailer, very unlikely)

What I fear
- Frozen
- Titanic (very unlikely because Lena, but still fear)

Neutral feeling
- The bodyguard
- Swan lake

MalAssada

Medalist
I know it is too short, but I wish she would skate to Lara's Theme from Doctor Zhivago... If it IS Swan Lake, though, it will be a dream come true. I am also not opposed to Kill Bill, but PLEASE, not Frozen or Titanic!

moviebuff

On the Ice
What Urmanov literally said about the LP was: “We have a very recognizable LP by its character and by its hit status. When she comes out onto the ice, everybody will know immediately what it’s about.

For some reason when I read this, I'm thinking a 'recognizable costume'...associated with a famous character.
So unless she's dresses as the Titanic, a snowman or borrowed Lena's Queen of The Night costume, I can't picture any costumes from those movies as instantly recognizable (when she steps out onto the ice)......I hope *fingers crossed*

Am however, totally up for a Darth Vader free skate to The Imperial March...mask and all :dev3:

Amei

Record Breaker
My first thought, when I read the Urmanov's interview was Titanic, my second was Whitney's "I will always love you", my third was "Let it go" from Frozen. Well, let's see.

All 3 of those are terrible options. The only one I would absolutely loathe is Let it Go

By the way, on Russian FSO we're already racking our brains what will it be...I mean the free skate.
First there were ideas that it should be something of the classical images like the Firebird or Сarmen. But then there was a commentary from the girl who watched the part of Julia's training with her LP (she posted it vkontakte in Julia's official group). She said that it's not gonna be Karmen or Firebird but it's "a lot more simpler and very unexpected". However she didn't rifute the ideas of the Swan Lake (there were many in the chat). As for me I keep on thinking that it might be SL because of the photos Julia posted previously with her hands spread over her body like the wings and her back bent in a ballet-like style...

I have an idea that would simple and unexpected...ET theme (a John Williams score) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-wBfRgmkvs&list=PL564F06CC23B93E23&index=35

Amei

Record Breaker
I know it is too short, but I wish she would skate to Lara's Theme from Doctor Zhivago... If it IS Swan Lake, though, it will be a dream come true. I am also not opposed to Kill Bill, but PLEASE, not Frozen or Titanic!

I would love a Kill Bill medley (as long as they don't include Woo Hoo, that song is annoying) and it would be a nice contrast to the short program which Urmanov has said is lyrical.

Imagine

Medalist
Kill Bill would be amazing and instantly recognizable...but surely no single piece of music from that film can be considered a "hit" (maybe in Russia?) so if we were to take the clues they've given us literally...I'd be doubtful. Any Williams piece would be great of course...but I'm not sure if it would be "instantly recognizable" upon her coming out onto the ice...unless she dresses up as a shriveled alien, dinosaur, Star Wars fan girl, or witch out of Hogwarts...and I also don't think she will troll everyone by bringing back Schindler's List so...It could be Frozen if she uses more than one song but...I don't think there are a lot of ways that could work well...and I also don't think it would be a very unexpected a choice coming from Yulia.

My fears about Adele's "Hello" are now mostly alleviated...after reading about how the character of the program will be apparent on ice...all I picture when I think about Adele is a basic black dess, and I don't think that would be very memorable at all. Phew. The more I think about it though, the more I fear a Michael Jackson program...that would be easily recognizable as well as unexpected coming from Yulia. I hope not though. Nothing against MJ....it just seems like the Elvis thing all over...a bit out of character. Although, now I'm fairly confident she won't do a pop song...not many recognizable characters.

I think Swan Lake is the front runner for now...it might not qualify as a literal "hit" but Tchaikovsky and ballet seem to be perennially popular over in Russia...anecdotally, I once made a fan video of Yulia skating to Swan Lake and that vid got more views than any of my other Yulia fan vids...

Amei

Record Breaker
Kill Bill would be amazing and instantly recognizable...but surely no single piece of music from that film can be considered a "hit" (maybe in Russia?) so if we were to take the clues they've given us literally...I'd be doubtful. Any Williams piece would be great of course...but I'm not sure if it would be "instantly recognizable" upon her coming out onto the ice...unless she dresses up as a shriveled alien, dinosaur, Star Wars fan girl, or witch out of Hogwarts...and I also don't think she will troll everyone by bringing back Schindler's List so...It could be Frozen if she uses more than one song but...I don't think there are a lot of ways that could work well...and I also don't think it would be a very unexpected a choice coming from Yulia.

My fears about Adele's "Hello" are now mostly alleviated...after reading about how the character of the program will be apparent on ice...all I picture when I think about Adele is a basic black dess, and I don't think that would be very memorable at all. Phew. The more I think about it though, the more I fear a Michael Jackson program...that would be easily recognizable as well as unexpected coming from Yulia. I hope not though. Nothing against MJ....it just seems like the Elvis thing all over...a bit out of character. Although, now I'm fairly confident she won't do a pop song...not many recognizable characters.

I think Swan Lake is the front runner for now...it might not qualify as a literal "hit" but Tchaikovsky and ballet seem to be perennially popular over in Russia...anecdotally, I once made a fan video of Yulia skating to Swan Lake and that vid got more views than any of my other Yulia fan vids...

"Bang Bang" would be considered a hit.