Alexander Petrov | Page 120 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

adelia

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdPAxYzEyy0
Front angle. Does look better. But still needs more transitions.
On the plus side, this kind of beat suits his skating and can probably help his jumping too. And the music is more mature (not something childish or lightweight), which is what his skating is like too.

Skater01

On the Ice
Regarding the spins, I think the instagram video was a bit deceiving. The spins looked better on the HD video. Although that last combo spin in the SP does need some work.

That's true, but I did watch the HD video too and still feel like the way he counts the revolutions is a bit risky. But as long as he somewhat gets the levels, it's fine.

adelia

Record Breaker
That's true, but I did watch the HD video too and still feel like the way he counts the revolutions is a bit risky. But as long as he somewhat gets the levels, it's fine.
I don't think he counts at all or as often as he should. I think he uses the beat of the music. And like you said, that's risky.

adelia

Record Breaker
Now I need to see some photos. Hopefully there will be. *fingerscrossed*
The jacket looked bling bling to me but I'm not too sure.
I have to say though, the trousers are well fitted this season. Unlike last season and 2012-2014. Maybe he changed tailors.
But that "armour" thing on his SP costume seems to be something Sasha likes. The 2014-2015 FS costume also had some "armour". lol

adelia

Record Breaker
Skater01, do you think he's faster now than he was last season? It seems to me so. It's taking him noticeably less time to get from one end to the other of the rink.

adelia

Record Breaker
Confirmed jump layout:
4T, 3A, 3A-2T / 3lz-3T, 3F-1Lo-3S, 3Lz, 3Lo, 2A
1 quad, 8 triples, 3-5 distribution.

adelia

Record Breaker
Well, I think this will surprise, in a good way, some people who overlooked him because of where he trains. But there will always be some haters, can't be helped, that's just the way it is. Anyway, more stuff tmr. Sleepy. Btw, Kostner is in spb now.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
Confirmed jump layout:
4T, 3A, 3A-2T / 3lz-3T, 3F-1Lo-3S, 3Lz, 3Lo, 2A
1 quad, 8 triples, 3-5 distribution.
I think in future seasons, he could probably push all combos into the second half. His stamina has improved noticeably. I think the difficult phase in his physical growth is over. 2-5 could be possible too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJwJkpeAVoL
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJwLbuIAdkk
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJwOa3NAgbS
https://pp.vk.me/c604428/v604428993/232be/m8UGjfAXsuY.jpg

Shiny grey jacket and really shiny silver belt. Black and white rhinestone studded tie.

Skater01

On the Ice
Skater01, do you think he's faster now than he was last season? It seems to me so. It's taking him noticeably less time to get from one end to the other of the rink.

Hard to tell for sure. But he does seem to be a bit faster at least.

adelia

Record Breaker
In general I wish for 2 new programs, music that is different in style from what he did this season but please no jazz or anything like that. Classical (not the "modern arrangements!) would be a good challenge but I doubt that will happen.
Actually, a nice jazz program could be interesting. It would have to be very good though, ok wouldn't be good enough. And please no "Mishin trademark" musics, we've had too many of those already.
Oh yes, and also a big NO to reusing music by past students. Sasha already had 3 programs like that (2013-14 SP/LP, 2014-15 LP) and none of them were that good. They also didn't really suit his style.
The Sixth Sense. ;)
(Note also that over in the Tuktik thread I brought up "Cleopatra".:laugh:)

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
You should be really careful what you say, as it might end up happening. Remember! "With great power comes great responsibility."

adelia

Record Breaker
You should be really careful what you say, as it might end up happening. Remember! "With great power comes great responsibility."
:laugh:

Well, overall I'm pleased.
-He got a classical/orchestral piece. Not strictly classical era (mid 18th-early 19th century) but modern era classical, which is what I brought up in our conversation when I suggested Bartok's Romanian dance.
-In general I'm not a big fan of jazz music but they chose a good piece and the music cuts are good. The program needs more work to make it more of a competition program but it's still mature in style. It's not cheesy.
-No repeats of known works done by past students from the same school or past champions from the same country.
-Most importantly, both costumes are well done. Both are interesting and properly tailored.

So in the end, what happened was a combination of what I had wanted him to do (to progress artistically) and what I had sensed Mishin might have wanted based on some interviews he gave after Euros (not only about Sasha but about mens skating too) as well as the photos from the camps. The latter, thankfully, turned out somewhat better than I had feared.

This season should be a fascinating one... I hope.

Edit:
Interestingly, that Petrov hater on Sports.ru, "Great Magician whatever", heavily criticized Sasha of course. But his comment got down-voted by a few others. And the positive comments about Sasha were up-voted. This is generally a good sign. I'll take a look at the other forums to see their response.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
This is an old news report from April that I mentioned earlier in this thread.
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160428/917437237.html
Back then Gorshkov stated that "from 5 to 11 September [the national team] will gather at the end of which the [test] skate will be held." If that still applies, it means that Sasha will probably be leaving for Sochi in just a few days time. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.

adelia

Record Breaker
There were performances in SPB today at Ice Palace. Mishin and Moskvina's skaters performed. So did Kostner. Sasha did his SP. He landed a quad but 2 footed. Not sure if it was UR or not. Of course since it was not clean, couldn't follow up with combo. I don't have video of the full performances. But to do his full SP again with all the jumps just 2 days after he competed, he must be really tired.

Edit:
Btw, the performances were to celebrate Knowledge Day.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
His final short program layout will probably be 4T, 3A / 3Lz-3T.
At the Knowledge Day event, his planned layout was 4T, 3A / 3Lz-2T.
That 3T-2Lo that he jumped at the CoSPB was for a specific reason I guess, Mishin's idea probably.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
There were performances in SPB today at Ice Palace. Mishin and Moskvina's skaters performed. So did Kostner. Sasha did his SP. He landed a quad but 2 footed. Not sure if it was UR or not. Of course since it was not clean, couldn't follow up with combo. I don't have video of the full performances. But to do his full SP again with all the jumps just 2 days after he competed, he must be really tired.

Edit:
Btw, the performances were to celebrate Knowledge Day.
does this vid play for you????
https://topspb.tv/news/news111945/#video

on my PC it says 'the file is not more':think:

edit: it wasnt working with mozilla apparently works with chrome

Last edited: