2016 Skate Canada Pairs FP | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Pairs FP

whatif

Medalist
So no Russian team at GPF. I wonder who will make it to the Worlds? T/M, Z/E, and A/R, my bet.....

QuadThrow

Medalist
Supposedly Zhang wants to skate to 2022 because the Olympics is at home. He's going to be the Plushenko of pairs skating :p

more than Plushenko. 2022 would be Zhang´s 6th Games:reye:

And Ajona mentioned that Poeng Chang does not need to be the end of her story.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I can root for the german pair if, and only if, they have better music than last year. It practically made my ears bleed.

Whatif, T/M could still make the GPF surely?

Lota

Record Breaker
A younger male partner? For the Chinese Fed (from what I know) winning is priority, and Yu/Jin didn't have great chances for 2018 Olympics.

Edit: By younger, I really meant to say newer.

That might be a way but who knows, Peng/Jin will have been partners for 2 years by then, maybe the federation won't want to separate them. A new partner for Yu? :confused2:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What the .... ? The protocols don't show any deductions for I/M or D/R. Didn't Lubov fall once, maybe twice? Didn't Meagan fall on a jump, or was that I'm remembering just a crazy close to the floor mess up?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
They can be like the Chushvitina (sp?) in gymnastics. Kind of cool to see people have longevity in the sport.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Did the chinese switched the ladies? I'm so out of the loop:scratch2:

Peng was picked out from many promising girls to partner with Zhang when his partner Dan Zhang retired, having grown too tall in her twenties. But the new partnership didn't work out so well mainly because Peng felt a lot of pressure skating with Zhang. Yu/Jin meanwhile was rising and gaining fans. Head coach Hongbong Zhao thought about switching the partners for 1/2 years with the goal of improving Chinese Pairs program for the Beijing Olympics. The switch was made while they were in Canada for the choreography with positive feedback of Nichols and Wilson. Some Chinese fans felt outraged and sad for Yu for having to partner with the creepy selfish old man Zhang and started a campaign to vilify him in sympathy of Yu. Lots of :drama: like an old legend of forcibly broken romance and a young girl sacrificed for an ugly old man.

Zhao explained his decision and reported initial positive observations of the new teams. Peng is doing very well with confidence and consistency with Jin, and Yu said she has decided to give it her best to realize her potential as advocated by the coaches. For such a new partnership, I'd say judging from their debut that it is a success with even more wonderful performances to come. But be ready for more negativity thrown against Zhang and declarations of how unhappy and unconnected Yu is with him.

I told y'all I loved this program just from watching the practice.

Alba

Record Breaker
What the .... ? The protocols don't show any deductions for I/M or D/R. Didn't Lubov fall once, maybe twice? Didn't Meagan fall on a jump, or was that I'm remembering just a crazy close to the floor mess up?

There is, total deduction 1. Look on the top, right side.