2017 Minto Summer Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 Minto Summer Skate

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
It's ongoing. The stream went offline for an ice resurface but it's back.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
With no list I keep wondering if this is the last but one group or not. Bruce, where are you?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
With no list I keep wondering if this is the last but one group or not. Bruce, where are you?

well i just joined... and so far... 3-4 skaters i don't know... so i am guessing bruce, jo, con, cor are coming later?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Forgive spelling mistakes as I don't know the names of these guys... will fix later

Bruce Waddell

tough day for him with the jumps

superb pancake spin

i like his bow tie... it's nice but it's moving and i wonder if it bothers him

great energy in footwork

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Matt Markell

meshy back... nice costume
very elegant skater

nice general qualities
beautiful opening 2a-3t-2t

problems with other jumps.
he looks disappointed.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
you are right... well cizeron better watch out... he is not the only king of elegance out there ;)

brian le

sound of silence WOOT!

nice jumps but they are telegraphed

and there goes my stream... and... it comes back

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
These guys are good with -2T combos but we really need to see more -3T combos.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Gabriel St-Jean
good job on his elements
needs more upper body power and presence
1st place for now

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Jack Dushenski Rach 2
musical interpretation and choreo need work
i couldn't stay focused
he is in 1st as we enter the final flight

- - - Updated - - -

final flight on the ice.... go boys go!!!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Conrad plans to do a 4S. He's trying to do one in warm up.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Bruce and Natalie have to chose between singles and dance. Dance help single skaters, but big jumps have no connection with dance. Programs these days are all about spins and jumps with a few steps in-between. There is not much time for telling stories, or interpretation. I like his skating skills, elegance and musicality, but he needs to improve those landings. He is only 16 years old? He still has time...

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
4everchan, I think you and your son need a big hug after such a rough skate. :(

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Bruce and Natalie have to chose between singles and dance. Dance help single skaters, but big jumps have no connection with dance. Programs these days are all about spins and jumps with a few steps in-between. There is not much time for telling stories, or interpretation. I like his skating skills, elegance and musicality, but he needs to improve those landings. He is only 16 years old? He still has time...

They've been assigned an JGP in ice dance so they are focusing on ice dance but both seem to want to continue singles. Both were national novice bronze medallists in 2016. Natalie was also sectional junior champ last year and Bruce was a bronze medallist. I can understand that desire to continue singles.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
omy... this was weird... super exciting with potential but not too successful yet in the beginning of the season.

was the first jump a 4lz attempt?

then if i saw correctly there were 3 other quads attempted.... (2 4ts, 1 4s).... 2 3 axels, one down.... i lost count in revolutions... i think he may have zayaked something too as twice he had a 3toe tagged at the end of the combo... and did he two 2 3axels and 2 quad toes?

Anyways... too much for me to follow LOL... cannot wait to see protocols.... he fought at the end.

What intrigued me what also the attempt in giving Conrad better programs... I am not sure about the music cuts... not sure either about the pantomime... but let's give him time as this looks VERY new for him.

116, 175... 1st place...

ETA the 2nd 3 axel was popped... so repeated jumps are 4t and 3t... no Zayak