2017 Minto Summer Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Minto Summer Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
missed the announcer but it looks like Samuel Turcotte on the ice....

i don't like the song... so i am skipping... and I admit, i am still shocked by what I think I just saw Conrad attempt to do

okay.. that was indeed Samuel Turcotte who won the bronze last year at junior nationals...

his score 93, total 148.47.... 7th place... ouch

Kuan

Final Flight
Yes it was a 4Lz. Your son tried to channel his inner Bojang. His 4T was very nice! But I hope he ditchs his hand choreography and stops to channel his inner Medvedeva. His costume is wonderful. Plain, yet elegant.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes it was a 4Lz. Your son tried to channel his inner Bojang. His 4T was very nice! But I hope he ditchs his hand choreography and stops to channel his inner Medvedeva. His costume is wonderful. Plain, yet elegant.

yes the medvedeva needs to go... and i adored his costume

alistair lam
schubert's stänchen (give me more schubert please.... more more and more!!!!)

very tight jumper with fast rotation

good attempt at musical interpretation but style still needs refining and development... but i think this is a good program option for him and he will learn a lot

his score, 94 149

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Man junior men has been a splatfest disappointment so far.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
joseph phan
godfather soundtrack

poor boy i think i am at 5 falls

4t hand down-2t... 4t fall 3a fall... 3s fall (part of combo) 3loop fall and there is one more...

i think the music is okay but I am not sure i like his "suit" shirt..

superb 3-3 though

score...it's taking a while... the second 4t could easily be UR... reviewing? ..... lp : 109.65, 174.23 is 2nd place behind Conrad

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Corey was a welcome change. Good job dude.

jFarrisFAN we definitely need more good -3T combos. This isn't novice ladies.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
corey circelli

la bohème... closer to Osmond's cuts with Musetta's waltz and the tragic section than Chan's bohème

so here, we are not sure which champion he is channeling ;)

solid skate but low level technically.

Needs a lot more speed to convey the long lyrical phrases of this piece... for instance in the Musetta waltz section, the music appears slow... but the skating could cover the entire ice if he could glide on the notes of the melody.... it's a bit unfortunate as since it's such an overused piece of music, Corey here suffers the comparison.

I think he may have been nervous as he did well in the SP

his score 110, 45 ... i didn't hear the rest... boo

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I liked Iliya & Corey despite the lower technical content. I would appreciate those with higher TES more if they actually landed stuff and had more transitions between jumps. I liked Iliya doing some steps.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I liked Iliya & Corey despite the lower technical content. I would appreciate those with higher TES more if they actually landed stuff and had more transitions between jumps. I liked Iliya doing some steps.

fair enough, but that's how I watch seniors... i want a good steady skate with transitions, steps and landed jumps..

I think that joseph and conrad are doing what they need to do in juniors, getting used to do the quads and 3axels so when they are in seniors, they can focus on presentation...

also, I would say conrad has improved in transitions compared to last year. I mean, let's give the kid a break... first time ever he attempts a 4lutz and a 4salchow in competition... how many seniors do even attempt 3 different quads, for 4 in total...

He was cleanish at junior worlds last year... with only 1 quad... so let's see how he can keep improving... and well... he is following the sport's trend.... skaters can rack up more points in TES than in PCS... and he is playing that game very well...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
fair enough, but that's how I watch seniors... i want a good steady skate with transitions, steps and landed jumps..

I think that joseph and conrad are doing what they need to do in juniors, getting used to do the quads and 3axels so when they are in seniors, they can focus on presentation...

also, I would say conrad has improved in transitions compared to last year. I mean, let's give the kid a break... first time ever he attempts a 4lutz and a 4salchow in competition... how many seniors do even attempt 3 different quads, for 4 in total...

He was cleanish at junior worlds last year... with only 1 quad... so let's see how he can keep improving... and well... he is following the sport's trend.... skaters can rack up more points in TES than in PCS... and he is playing that game very well...

His lack of transitions bothered me last season and it hasn't changed. Forget about for the quads, even for the jumps he's comfortable with. That indicates to me that his coach is not asking his choreographer to address this area. He shouldn't be telegraphing every jump.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
His lack of transitions bothered me last season and it hasn't changed. Forget about for the quads, even for the jumps he's comfortable with. That indicates to me that his coach is not asking his choreographer to address this area. He shouldn't be telegraphing every jump.

well, i think that you need to be fair to someone like him who goes up for many new quads early in the season.... he does have transitions before the jumps but the program is clearly being built and will change.... for instance, the 3a is too quick after the 4s... it doesn't give him any time to set up, especially if he falls. I think the program will evolve.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
well, i think that you need to be fair to someone like him who goes up for many new quads early in the season.... he does have transitions before the jumps but the program is clearly being built and will change.... for instance, the 3a is too quick after the 4s... it doesn't give him any time to set up, especially if he falls. I think the program will evolve.

I'll give him until Nationals. He'll have been through the JGP and Challenge by then. If he's still telegraphing by then I'll know for sure if it's a Conrad issue or a choreography issue or both. I think I had higher expectations after his time at other rinks, especially the 3 weeks in BC.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'll give him until Nationals. He'll have been through the JGP and Challenge by then. If he's still telegraphing by then I'll know for sure if it's a Conrad issue or a choreography issue or both. I think I had higher expectations after his time at other rinks, especially the 3 weeks in BC.

i don't think being in BC will help with transitions... we know that ;)

regarding the program now... i don't need him to not telegraph the 4lutz... i am fine with him setting it up...

last year, he had a wonderful transition into his 4toe... he removed it here.... so perhaps it will come back or they are working on something else...

the 4S has a small turn or step before it... i don't think that's a great transition but it's a start...

thank you for giving him until nationals ;) I think he is building up for that and junior worlds... so it's a good strategy to put the jumps into a program, without much else... and see what can be landed, and then, when things settled down, to add on to it. I felt he was behind the music at times too... I mean, it is a brand new program, going from 1 to 4 quads.... and at least, one of them got landed in combo ;) that's the most quads I have seen landed and rotated on that music ;)