Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
today is SinKats day!
good luck on their SD!
I still have not 100% stopped worrying about the ongoing Nikita/twizzle battle royale :laugh:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Good luck Vika and Nik!!
Don't jinx his twizzles!😂
I would jinx if I was absolutely sure he'd manage to conquer them easily
But I'll always be worried.
Maybe will stop if he manages to be clean all this season.:agree:

I dont care about marks @ this comp as its almost home turf event so probably the marks will be a bit inflated (not like stage of RusCup tho so no 9s)
the man thing for them is to skate clean & have good speed

gmyers

Record Breaker
Huge disaster. They really should have broken up and ended their partnership and careers when it was such an extraordinary struggle for them to reach the sd TES minimum. They need to retire to enjoy life in shows.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Huge desaster. They really should have broken up and ended their partnership and careers when it was such an extraordinary struggle for them to reach the sd TES minimum. They need to retire to enjoy life in shows.

I think you should probably save those opinions to the ID thread. This has really no place in here. :noshake:

gmyers

Record Breaker
I think you should probably save those opinions to the ID thread. This has really no place in here. :noshake:

I just think if they want a life in skating shows after the competition phase of their career is over they better stop now or they’ll be too injured to do anything on the ice. They can’t really do competition level lifts.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I just think if they want a life in skating shows after the competition phase of their career is over they better stop now or they’ll be too injured to do anything on the ice. They can’t really do competition level lifts.

You see, this is a FAN thread. For FANS of this pair. The most sensible thing for your own mental health would be to stay away from such places otherwise you may encounter people who follow Russian pairs devotedly.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Ok, sorry for double post, but I can't edit posts on my mobile phone :( does anybody know, is Vika OK? If she is OK, then it won't be a disaster, just a bad luck. It's a CS, not GP and it's definitely better to start the season like this than to finish it like this.
And guys, looking on the bright side, have you seen their GOE for twizzles?

Eisfee

On the Ice
Ok, sorry for double post, but I can't edit posts on my mobile phone :( does anybody know, is Vika OK? If she is OK, then it won't be a disaster, just a bad luck. It's a CS, not GP and it's definitely better to start the season like this than to finish it like this.
And guys, looking on the bright side, have you seen their GOE for twizzles?
She is ok! But it was a scary fall out of nowhere...
Nik dropped her like a stone...
I think he made the mistake during the rotation steps...

Yes, their twizzels were great!

gmyers

Record Breaker
You see, this is a FAN thread. For FANS of this pair. The most sensible thing for your own mental health would be to stay away from such places otherwise you may encounter people who follow Russian pairs devotedly.

But I am one of those people. The most sensible thing for anyone is always to recognize facts and truth.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
She is ok! But it was a scary fall out of nowhere...
Nik dropped her like a stone...
I think he made the mistake during the rotation steps...

Yes, their twizzels were great!

Poof, I was worried about her. Well, both step sequences got level 3 and average +2 for execution, pretty decent IMO.
However, they got +3 and - 1 for pair step sequence. How can ISU wonder why we laugh at judges?

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I promise it's my last doubled post!

I just wanted to repeat here what I've written in Ice Star thread. It looked bad but not disastrous. Actually he did a pretty sensible thing of not dropping her immediately after loosing control. It could have been much worse if he did.
I feel bad that they are not in the lead / close to the lead BUT goe and levels were good overall and I believe we can hope for more during FD.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I feel bad that they are not in the lead / close to the lead BUT goe and levels were good overall and I believe we can hope for more during FD.

Their sum TES for all elements, except the lift obviously, is actually higher than Cappellini/Lanotte's. GOE included. With clean lift they would have been close second, neck to neck probably since their PCS would have been higher too. BUT. Another bomb from them doesn't look like positive sign, like, at all. So disappointed.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Disappointed or not, it is people's daily killing attacks that have long ago declared the ending of their career. They are humans, not emotionless robot, and they can strongly feel the pain deep down in their hearts, just like each one of us here. We should abide by the rules, but what rules are they when it comes to this pair? Disappointed, no, but sad really for ourselves. I don't think they will finish their skating career on such a depressing note.

No more posts here.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Still in 3rd and lost FD to Z/G (and to C/L, too, of course). Spin still level 2 - WHY? They were able to perform level 4 spin weren't they? I'm pretty sure they were.
But one step sequence on the 3rd level, the other - 2nd and with poor GOE.
Goe for twizzles is stunning.
But what is violation of choreography restrictions?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Disappointed or not, it is people's daily killing attacks that have long ago declared the ending of their career. They are humans, not emotionless robot, and they can strongly feel the pain deep down in their hearts, just like each one of us here. We should abide by the rules, but what rules are they when it comes to this pair? Disappointed, no, but sad really for ourselves. I don't think they will finish their skating career on such a depressing note.

No more posts here.

They are so far below what they thought they were going to be. All press about them was that of course they were going to be and very obviously fighting for gold in all events including worlds and Olympics. What is a high note now? Completing all elements. That’s it. Gold in any event is totally out of the equation. They are human! And humans have recognized when it’s better to quit than hurt yourself and recognize you don’t have a future in sport. They need to recognize they have no future in ice dance and that’s being compassionate and kind and recognizing their humanity.