2017 GP Cup of China Pairs FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Pairs FS

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ecstatic & stimulating from Sui / Han :luv17: Giving me Shen / Zhao flashbacks. I'd like to see more original program though.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Sui/Han

Nice quad twist! Strong 3T+2T+2T (nice added 2T there). Sui double-foots sbs 3S. Good sync through the sbs spins. Crazy high throw 3F. And equally solid throw 3S. And great lifts at the end, though perhaps they could redo the pattern for the final lift so that we can see the spread-eagle entry lift and perhaps end the program right in the middle of the rink.

Well, I was somewhat doubtful that this program would live up to last year's free skate, but they've made tremendous improvement since revealing this program about a month ago. There's still room for more connection with each other and to the music in the middle of the piece, but that's about it. This certainly has potential to capture the gold medal. :)

gold12345

Medalist
Incredible throws and great final lift for Sui/Han. She stood up her 3S for the first time in a while. I wouldn't have picked Turandot for them, but I'm sure Shen/Zhao's Turandot was the inspiration behind this.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I'm not feelng this Turnadot. I LOVE the opening 10 seconds, but there are so many recycled moves from Bridge (that don't fit Turnadot), I spent the rest of the program wishing they go back to that instead.

Those throws though! :luv17:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Big Oops...

Much better and superior star war program to Boyang's version already.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Eurosport: "That's their best ever score! And it wasn't perfect."

I guess China is entitled to some home scoring. :biggrin: But yeah... some home cooking there, definitely.

Absolutely perfect throws. And some nice moments in the LP, but I much preferred BOTW. This is such a strong start for them, and I wouldn't mind if this won the Olympics because it would totally deserve it. :clap:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
7 Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG (CHN)

Music: Star Wars (soundtrack)

Dove purple dress / black outfit

3S - she foot down
3Tw
3T+COMBO+1T* - she stumble, he did 3T+2T
BoDS
PCoSp
5RLi
3LoTh - ok, hangs on
3STh
FCCoSp
5ALi
ChSq
3Li

Problems on jumps for her, but otherwise good skate

FS: 65.81+68.36 = 134.17, 205.54, 2/7

GGFan

Record Breaker
Yu is gorgeous to look at but I wonder if this pair has maximized it's potential. Hopefully they can land everything as the season goes on.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Umm, not when it's copying

You need to be original to be a champion

So true... but then i think sentimentality tribute to the master is also a worthy thing too, especially with their complete blessing.