2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies FS | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies FS

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
so who would you like to blame? :biggrin:
Kostner for getting too high pcs and stealing silver from Wakaba, Osmond for failing where she should've won, or japanese fed for choosing tough events for Wakaba?
choose your option :biggrin:

Kostner was clearly the biggest injustice. Osmond did as I expected (I like her, just saying). As for tough events, everyone has to deal with the cards they are dealt. I don't think anyone should be given "easy" events just to help them win.

Kara

Final Flight
Today Alina ZAGITOVA FS score is higher than Yuna Kim best.
Any comment or is it ok?

I say leave Yuna out of this. I doubt she's even really following FS at the moment because of her Olympic duties.

And Alina's tech is insane. 81! 81!! Almost every single element with over +1 GOE (only the axel is under).

whatif

Medalist
LOL at the history revisionists here, claiming Wakaba was robbed of the 1st place in CoC. Yes, good luck with that.

Kittosuni

Medalist
If they have properly called Osmond's Lutz, Mai might have squeezed on that 3rd place. And Wakaba might still have a chance for the GPF.

Osmond killed 2 Japanese skaters tonight. urghh

Kayyyn

Rinkside
I see people complaining about Alina's PCS but what about Kaetlyn's? She got 70(!) on a bombed skate and she doesnt interpret the music very well. Personally, I dont see how she scored over Mai in the FS but that is to be expected of course.
+1

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I see people complaining about Alina's PCS but what about Kaetlyn's? She got 70(!) on a bombed skate and she doesnt interpret the music very well. Personally, I dont see how she scored over Mai in the FS but that is to be expected of course.

Hey, I'll complain about BOTH their PCS if you like! :biggrin:
I think both of them could have done with less, but Alina was performing full-on so if the judges were going to go crazy with the PCS, giving it to Alina is not the worst thing they could do.
Mai...is going to have to just keep going and not get flustered about this even though she has every right to be puzzled at the judges low scores. She will need to talk with her team and find a plan to make them notice her more. Mime more furiously, be a swan, put hand over head, cut the program up to add more transitions, forget that audiences are delighted with her skating and skate for the judges scores alone. (sorry, I'm feeling very salty) :dev2:

The skating tonight was really good, I enjoyed all of the programs very much. I do NOT agree with the scores the judges gave for some of the skates, but that's all part of the experience I guess. :ghug:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

How is 6 triples a bombed skate? And there is no question that the quality of her skating skills, was leaps and bounds over any other competitor in France today.

I thought judging was totally fair and consistent today. All KO had to do was podium here...see you at the GP Final.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Polina Edmunds was smart skating to a song with copyright issues... I can't see her mess of a free according to the protocols.

Leonardo

Final Flight
so who would you like to blame? :biggrin:
Kostner for getting too high pcs and stealing silver from Wakaba, Osmond for failing where she should've won, or japanese fed for choosing tough events for Wakaba?
choose your option :biggrin:

Wakaba did everything she could. She was underscored and some of the others were overscored. She should also have won cup of China but lost by 1 point even with a clean sp and lp. She deserved a spot but didn't get it. But hey, a Jpn girl was thrown under the bus. What's new?

Purv

Match Penalty
Was Yuna backloading? The rules have changed, records are meant to be broken. No one skater is greater than the sport and soon enough Zagitova and Medvedeva will be a thing of the past, so rather than gripe why not just enjoy the moment?

exactly , yuna was one of a kind, everyone has to admit it even if you re not a fan..In 8,9 years evgenias score will be not remembered at all because they will be more common. And someone will be remember her skating as Yunas? Doubt it

thoakun

Final Flight
Is Elisabet really deservedly better in PCS than Mai? I'm not the biggest fan of either, so just asking out of interest....

Not LilBet fan but today I'm really impressed by her performance. She seemed to project more. I like Mai, but watching Bet after her makes her look more inward in comparison.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
If Polina finish 2nd does she qualifies?

If Polina gets second and other skater than Ashly wins, Polina will battle with Wakaba for the last spot. Comaring their scores Polina will need massive scores in Skam to beat Wakaba

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

go watch them live... you will see why.... kaetlyn's speed and refined polished movements are worth gold in PCS. and bombed? one fall? excuse me. There are many kinds of errors you know... If you watch Kaetlyn, her movements match the music very well. Her posture, her carriage, are stellar. She barely outdid the other girls on PCS though she is perhaps the best skilled and refined skater out there. She is a star when it comes to project to the audience. Her jumps are so big, it's like watching fireworks. Mai's jumps are very small. They flow very beautifully but there is very little impact emotionally. Judges see this and mark it accordingly. Seeing them back to back at ACI this September was very revealing to me.

yuna

On the Ice
How is 6 triples a bombed skate? And there is no question that the quality of her skating skills, was leaps and bounds over any other competitor in France today.

I thought judging was total fair and consistent today. All KO had to do was podium here...see you at the GP Finals.

She popped a jump and fell. Maybe it wasnt a bombed skate but it wasnt very good. I'm just bothered to see people complain about Alina's (desrved imo) PCS when she skated perfectly but nothing about Kaetlyn who didnt. I disagree about her being the best in terms of SS but that is subjective.