2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies FS | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies FS

Purv

Match Penalty
Did you see? In K&C Daniil passed a toy to Alina. She was playing with it and doing so covering her sponsor on the jacket. So Eteri took it away from her to show the sponsor with her classic expression. Priceless.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
If they have properly called Osmond's Lutz, Mai might have squeezed on that 3rd place. And Wakaba might still have a chance for the GPF.

Osmond killed 2 Japanese skaters tonight. urghh

Mathematically Mai still would have been in 4th. Osmond's lutz has been called clean (certainly not "e") for a while now. But no matter what I guess certain folks will keep adamant.

Also I love the people who are suddenly all upset about Osmond not getting scored high enough and (rightfully) only placing 3rd, because it's inconvenient for Wakaba ... whereas every other time they would be salty as heck and automatically say she is overscored. :laugh2:

moriel

Record Breaker
If Polina gets second and other skater than Ashly wins, Polina will battle with Wakaba for the last spot. Comaring their scores Polina will need massive scores in Skam to beat Wakaba

But then with massive scores, Polina would be first, so i suppose second means no GPF for Polina.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I disagree about easily. After Alina skated clean, Kaetlyn would need to also skate clean-ish - she needed +8 points above what she got.

8 points is pretty much a triple loop landed :) considering the deduction and probably the effect on PCS the fall had.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
She popped a jump and fell. Maybe it wasnt a bombed skate but it wasnt very good. I'm just bothered to see people complain about Alina's (desrved imo) PCS when she skated perfectly but nothing about Kaetlyn who didnt. I disagree about her being the best in terms of SS but that is subjective.

The fact that Alina skated clean and Katletlyn did not should be reflected on TES, not PCS

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I see people complaining about Alina's PCS but what about Kaetlyn's? She got 70(!) on a bombed skate and she doesnt interpret the music very well. Personally, I dont see how she scored over Mai in the FS but that is to be expected of course.

The simple reason in my mind is that they want a Canadian lady to be a contender.

Her musical interpretation isn't great and her technique isn't good. At times she almost looks like a windmill out there with all that flailing. Her PCS are the most puzzling to me. Kostner's I can sort of understand if I try to look at it from a point of view that I don't necessarily agree with, but I just don't see any way for Osmond to the get PCS she does. Especially for this program. She wasn't with it for a moment.

Alba

Record Breaker
If Polina gets second and other skater than Ashly wins, Polina will battle with Wakaba for the last spot. Comaring their scores Polina will need massive scores in Skam to beat Wakaba

So, she really does need to win, then. Ugh...going to be difficult. I hope she can handle the pressure.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Regarding Mai's PCS, I really think she needs better packaging. This princess dress is just blah and makes her look so juniorish. She needs better styling to project the look of a senior because the skating is all there. She also lacks an X factor. But still an amazing skate for her, and definitely keeps her as a solid Japanese #2 at the moment, IMO.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Mathematically Mai still would have been in 4th. Osmond's lutz has been called clean (certainly not "e") for a while now. But no matter what I guess certain folks will keep adamant.

Also I love the people who are suddenly all upset about Osmond not getting scored high enough and (rightfully) only placing 3rd, because it's inconvenient for Wakaba... whereas every other time they would be salty as heck and automatically say she is overscored. :laugh2:

No one is saying this...:scratch2: I there an Alternate Universe with a thread of the same name?

quadrupleaxel15

On the Ice
so many complaints... i think the judges got this one completely right.... with the way things have been judged for a while...

Mai : many complain about PCS. FWIW : i have seen her live and was so excited because she made a huge impact on me last year. It is unfortunate to say that she doesn't project her music. She is very focused and looking down for most of the skate. Lil Bet was like that too but she is now reaching out better. Both are quite small and have beautiful refined skating that shows well on the screen but those details are hard to see live and they need bigger movement and more impact in their skating to grow their PCS.

Thank you for this.

I knew this was the problem, it's visible even on the screen that she skates quite introverted and distant.

I like Mai, but I wouldn't have given her big PCS based on what I see myself on the screen, I can't imagine what I would do if I was there then.

I am quite pleased with the event (at least the FS) and the judging.

I am sorry for Wakaba if she really can't make it to the final. Can Ashley make it to the final? She mentioned she might not go if she makes it because she needs training time. Would that fix anything?

freeman21

On the Ice
Did you see? In K&C Daniil passed a toy to Alina. She was playing with it and doing so covering her sponsor on the jacket. So Eteri took it away from her to show the sponsor with her classic expression. Priceless.

It was the Russian emblem. Still funny though :)

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Depends. If Ashley is first, for example, no

The scenarios for the Final: Ashley must win Skate America to pass Wakaba for the 6th spot. A second place would put Ashley into a tiebreak with Wakaba, which Ashley would lose on the total-points tiebreaker (because her total at Canada was so low).

If Polina wins, she would get the 6th spot; if 2nd to anyone other than Ashley, she could beat Wakaba on points. And would be the FOURTH Russian in the Final!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Wonderful skating from the final group! Congrats to Alina, Maria and Kaetlyn!

I enjoyed Maria, Mai and Kaetlyn's programs the best. That is not to say that Alina was not amazing,
technically she was untouchable and deserves the win.

Shout out to Mae for a SB and not finishing in last position. Love Mae!