Satoko Miyahara | Page 99 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I think advancing to GPF is definitely a great opportunity for Satoko as long as she's healthy. GPF is a significant event in the Olympic season, but not as much important as the Olympics. So I don't think the fed will just sit and do nothing if Satoko's health is not good enough. I just want to congratulate to Satoko for the opportunity first. :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Will the GPF be any good for Satoko at this point? She might have won Skate America but she's still nowhere near her full potential and the risk of injury is high... :slink:

I think that as long she skates and competes in her own rhythm, everything will be fine - I would take it more as an opportunity than chore/obligation to go full-on with everything, SA and win was definitely a sign of great development from Satoko and that she's determined, willing to show the progress and effects of it; for me, it's a wonderful chance that allows Satoko to 'put herself on the map' deeper, competing with one of biggest rivals in the field - and to polish her programs more in competitive environment. I have no doubt that the opportunity will be taken seriously, but with consideration, grace and class.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
its sad to see how it happened but congratulations Satton for getting your ticket to the GPF!!!
i am in the "this will be a good opportunity leading up to the Nationals" club, Satoko and her team have been very smart since her injury so i trust them about making right adjustments without tiring her, also she was gonna polish her programs with Tom so it will be a good chance to test them before Nationals

btw, if it wasnt for twitter user i wouldnt have noticed this, Hamada had matching scarfs to Satoko's dresses for bot SP and LP (and to be sure if it was fluke i checked NHK trophy and she had them there too!!), how cute is that! :love:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Prayer circle everyone that she can podium for the 3rd year in a row, even the top of the podium!!! :ghug:

I remember the GPF from last year so well, came in as 6th and wasn't expected to get anywhere and finished 2nd with her highest score ever and 4th highest personal best score at the time :)

ioanna

Record Breaker
I hope she will be judged fairly. Call her jumps even if it means missing out on the podium. The result at Skate America has given people a bit too much liberty in claiming all sorts of things.

Leonardo

Final Flight
I hope she will be judged fairly. Call her jumps even if it means missing out on the podium. The result at Skate America has given people a bit too much liberty in claiming all sorts of things.

Agreed. But regarding those people, Satoko's bashers will bash her even more. 2 or 3 calls are never enough for them.

AnCho

Rinkside
Congrats for making it to the GPF Satton!! (Although it's a great pity that evgenia has to withdraw. But better tackle the injury now and be back better for Olympics. I was neutral before until I saw Some of her interview and I have tremendous respect for her even more now. Evgenia is another one whose work ethics and self discipline really amazes me. Get well soon Evgenia :pray:).

Tiny queen really show that she's far from done. Like some said that life is like a turning wheel, after 11 months of down period with injuries that held her back, now it's time for her meteoric rise back to the arena. Even if she didn't do well here, she still has nationals and not so shabby outcome in SA considering she just back to jumps in October (incredible isn't she?). Trust in Tiny queen!!

I think competing in GPF can be good to train her mental state too. I wish she has more time to prepare but the more she join in competitions against the international opponents and in front of the hundreds of audience, the better she can handle her nerves. One thing I think contribute to her amazing consistency is her frequent involvement in competitions and ice shows that can help her ease the nervousness better. Or at least I hope so.

I am just worried whether she is fully prepared as the original plan was to go straight to Nationals. But wish her all the best always.

Regarding those negative naysayers, as mentioned before, no matter what she did or how well she performed, some just wouldn't be happy. Ever. In my limited knowledge, and please correct me if I am wrong, under rotation is their favorite to discredit her entire performance. If no UR, then they pick on the heights of her jumps. When that's become boring (I guess), they pick on her speed (I think her speed is alright). Then they say she's boring (is this true? I enjoy her performance the most out of others). Some have legit concern and comment like those criticizing (with good intention) on her URs issues and her jumps and in cases rightfully so. A good criticism is needed to improve. But some just hateful :( and it's weird that the claims contradict each other. When the risks of no JPN ladies skaters in the final, Not enough support for these skaters but when Satoko won SA, granted the score is more generous that some would like (and not satoko's fault), she was "pushed/supported" so hard? I cannot understand this baseless (until it's proven otherwise) flip flopping accusations :confused: .

It's like she is accused if she didn't do well, but she's equally accused if she did well. :(

Although I got to say: when she is out, JPN lost one Olympics spot. When she's in first competition back from a long hiatus and understandably underperform, ladies spot in GPF is in serious jeopardy. But when she's in better form and did well and won the GP, the first in this season, one spot finally guaranteed and now two (hope Medvedeva recover soon. Sending all good vibes for her ). Can someone please enlighten me, this amateur and casual fans, how is she replaceable at this moment? :confused:
Are those anti fans really that concern that Satton threaten their biases so much that they have to resort to bashing her like that? I didn't frequent the other threads anymore because it's getting ridiculous how some treat Satton. Very disillusioned if that's how that thread going to be every time Satton won something or performed better than their biases :(

Anyway, I am sorry if any of my posts offend anyone. No intention to do so or to paint anyone in bad light as I am just voicing my opinion.

Sam L

Medalist
Yes, get well soon Zhenya but I am ecsctatic for our Tiny Queen. She so deserved to make it to the GPF and now she'll be there. :D

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

for me, the problem about SA was not in relation Satoko's performance/score/placement, but with totally disproportioned reacton for all of those - and 'too much liberty in claiming' sound exactly on point: there was too much of this freedom expressed by 'justifying' Satoko's score/pacement with off-ice input/influences and too much freedom in discrediting her performance altogether, using jumps factor and score. Some people are quite funny in this picking and double standard regarding skaters, especially jumps' calls - funny indeed that particular skater seems to be always bashed/picked (no matter of an actual execution, ignoring other qualities, overall integrity) while others seems to be only hailed for 'good things' (or those being projected as 'good' ones...). I mean, how about seeing 2 sides of the coin, not judging it only from one? And those 'claims' said in God's truth tone...it's simply sad to see this 'mission' of some people to bring particular skaters down on every occasion; I'd maybe understand, if Satoko would become a strong contender for winning every competition going forward, starting to receive huge scores etc., yet she won her first competition in quite some time and world is going crazy. For some, it's never enough, placement is always too high, score is always too generous - if only those people would think for a second that Satoko is not going to change how her jumps look like just because someone does not like them and would punish them. She can improve them, work on them for their own good, not to satisfy someone's expectations. And it usually is for the best to adjust personal projection/perception than pour it over skater.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Satoko wrote a new blog post. She thanks the fans for the gifts, letters and especially the plush pineapples. She says she is praying for Evgenia's recovery and expresses her wish to take advantage of the opportunity to compete at GPF and give her best.
http://tinyqueensatoko.tumblr.com/post/168250626083/blog-post-pineapples

On the IOC decision: "I want skaters to be able to compete at the Olympics no matter the country they come from"
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20171206/fgr17120614340004-n1.html

In practice today: she practiced her FS and said she only came back to Japan 2 days ago. She worked with Tom Dickson and has changed the steps in the second half of the program. The article says she landed some 3Lz-3T.
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171206-00000077-dal-spo

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
she is the purest, cutest and the most precious :luv17: good luck at GPF Satton!! :cheer::cheer2:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Satoko wrote a new blog post. She thanks the fans for the gifts, letters and especially the plush pineapples. She says she is praying for Evgenia's recovery and expresses her wish to take advantage of the opportunity to compete at GPF and give her best.
http://tinyqueensatoko.tumblr.com/post/168250626083/blog-post-pineapples

On the IOC decision: "I want skaters to be able to compete at the Olympics no matter the country they come from"
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20171206/fgr17120614340004-n1.html

In practice today: she practiced her FS and said she only came back to Japan 2 days ago. She worked with Tom Dickson and has changed the steps in the second half of the program. The article says she landed some 3Lz-3T.
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171206-00000077-dal-spo
OMG she changed the steps?? And I thought her programs were perfection! Maybe now it will be even more perfect! I'm curious to see what they changed.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
OMG she changed the steps?? And I thought her programs were perfection! Maybe now it will be even more perfect! I'm curious to see what they changed.

I think that as Satoko's jump capability/range/success rate will be increased, the programs will grow and develop to make her feel more comfortable and confident equally in jump and non-jump content and balance out factors. Also, a successful showing at SA could inspire changes to make the programs (FS in particular) even more accessible and appealing when they saw how much of potential is there:)

anyway - good luck, Satoko! Be happy, be yourself, go forward with your own path and tempo!:cheer:

sakurano

Final Flight
OH she really so sweet .:luv17:

She seems in good shape , i like her SAYURI SP that i keep watching
it impresses me day by day.

good luck tinyqueen :)

ioanna

Record Breaker

Even before Skate America the FS was considered "work in progress" because most of the choreography was completed before she was allowed to jump so now they've made some adjustments.

On the other hand that's what Tom Dickson usually does with all of her programs. "The Planets" and "Miss Saigon" always had slight changes from competition to competition.