2018 Europeans Ladies FS | Page 79 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies FS

evasorange

Final Flight
Now its official - 2 clean triples wins bronze in 2018.
This is where sport ends.

Right?! I love Carolina and I'm so happy that we have an actual woman competing with the teenagers but it just doesn't make any sense anymore! I remember that rumor from earlier this year when isu said that they were thinking of splitting the programs into one being technical and one being artistic and it's just like...please you can't even score the system you have now correctly! pcs is completely used to hold skaters down or prop them up now.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Does Russia, or OAR or whatever it’s called, stand any chance of winning the team gold? A world where Alina Zagitova and Evgenia Medvedeva can’t both be called Olympic champion just seems so unfair...

I think they are still the biggest favourites for Gold. Canada will give them run for the money, but Russia can definietly win. But it depends if both Zagi and Zhenya will skate in the team event.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Zagitova deserved the win, but scores should have been closer. I'm quite nervous for Medvedeva now. She's a fighter, but I don't know if she can up her technical game enough by Olympics, esp since she no longer has a PCS cushion compared to Zagitova. Judges seem eager to crown a new figure skating queen...

Also, Caro's scores were a joke. This is why I can't consider myself a fan. I know it's not her fault, but Maria was robbed. I can't believe Buyanova let this happen!

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I'll say that Zagitova isn't necessarily good with pressure as we've seen all season. This competition was all about Medvedeva's comeback and she took advantage of not having all eyes on her. It'll be interesting to see how she handles the pressure in Pyeongchang. My money is still on Evgenia for the Olympic gold.

Agree with this. Evgenia had a vulnerable competition, Alina skated lights out. This doesn't mean that's how it will go at OG

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Deserved win by Zagitova!!

But, real talk, Zagitova's personal PCS jump from 70.42 at the GPF to 75.30 for the same performance at 2018 Russian Nationals - oops, I mean 2018 Europeans - is ridiculous as hell.

I'm glad the Olympics will be that much more interesting now but these scores are just insane. :laugh:

Oh look who it is, CSG, right on time to save the day. :laugh2: :thank: You’re in for a long afternoon.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Some people are so obvious in their bias their not even trying to be objective in their hating. Girl had nothing to say about the absolute disaster class Kostner but went out to attack the two girls who at least made this night watchable.
Yep, it's very sad how petty and hateful some people go out of their way to be.

These two were the only real highlights of the entire free skate session yet obviously they'd be the ones being attacked ... Especially when scores they got had zero impact on the end results(Unlike Kostner's ridiculous PCS).

moriel

Record Breaker
Well time to go
I just cant with this 3rd. Scoring in FS is a joke, and no way this is a sport.

I´ll find something else to watch, with minimally fair scoring.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A valiant effort by Evgenia. The pressure is on both of these ladies. I am sad for Evgenia but hopeful that she can pull it off at the Olympics. On another topic, Carolina Kostner. 125 for that mess? Maria S. was robbed.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Zagi looks sad...I think she feels terrible beating Zhenya..:noshake:

"Sorry Zhenya, I will do it worse next time, I will let you win the Oympics". And then comes some black horse who has never been even near the podium and takes it.

spread beagle

Rinkside
I think Caro deserved the medal since Masha fell and Caro had the advantage from the SP. But her PCS were absolutely overscored.

This here. Taking the short into consideration I can see Caro on the podium. She's beautiful to watch, elegant and refined. Some of her PCS can be justified and are deserved but where do the judges pull a 9.25 for Performance/Execution from? That's just the same old bad PCS corridor judging. It should have been more like a 7.25.

berry8

Final Flight
I am sad because of the result of this competition [emoji37]
The level of the competition overall was low, horribly low...

Zhenya is an actress on ice but her jumps are not flawless anymore... Today a goddess has fallen on earth out of the Eden (she may need Sotskova' helicopter stuff to come back to her place)

Zagitova is masmerizing on ice... She is energetic, ballettic and she has the TES by her side...

Loena H is a young artist without a 3-3... I can foresee her on the European podium once Carolina will retire

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Deserved win by Zagitova!!

But, real talk, Zagitova's personal PCS jump from 70.42 at the GPF to 75.30 for the same performance at 2018 Russian Nationals - oops, I mean 2018 Europeans - is ridiculous as hell.

I'm glad the Olympics will be that much more interesting now but these scores are just insane. :laugh:

2 mistakes at the GPF. Better to look at GP France where she was completely clean... and her PCS were even lower at 69.54. :scratch2:

Whatever, at this point as long as the ranking is correct I don't really care. It should matter but it doesn't point blank.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Well time to go
I just cant with this 3rd. Scoring in FS is a joke, and no way this is a sport.

I´ll find something else to watch, with minimally fair scoring.

You keep saying this but you're ignoring Flutz, which is a technical content. And you want fair scoring? let's start with 77.15 PCS shall we?

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Oh pleaseeeese, you’ll still be here with bells on. :party2: :p

Nah, I'm done with the ladies.

I want to still watch skating after the Olympics, and I want to still like it, so I'll watch a video or two of what I want but I won't be here for this nonsense. There's no point.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Overscoring and underscoring discussions aside, congratulations to the top 3.
To Carolina for showing us her class(despite that awful green costume, why? why??), 30 years old and still rocking the figure skating world. Her longevity and artistry already makes her a legend, it doesn't matter the rankings.
To Evgenia for doing her best under tough circumstances. Being away from the ice is a true nightmare for skaters like her. She looked so freaking happy for being back, specially in the short, she looked hungrier than ever, enjoying every moment. I'm not a fan of her skating but I admire her and I love seeing her passion.
To Alina for taking the lemons life had given her and making a delicious lemonade. The door was open, she walked right through it and... 230 freaking 8!! Shocking! [emoji50]
Very interesting competition overall. Now I can't wait for the Olympics!!! [emoji3]

starla16

Medalist
Agree with this. Evgenia had a vulnerable competition, Alina skated lights out. This doesn't mean that's how it will go at OG

contrary its added pressure to Zagi, now all lights will be on her and Zhenya has a breathing room with lesser pressure.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
As i said, this is where SPORT ends.

Really? Figure Skating has never been a JUMPING contest. Ever. There's a reason it's called Figure SKATING. It was always about combining the technical with the art. 90% of the blade is touching the ice in 90% of programs, and Caro is the best at that 90% in this field, and in most fields. You over-value jumps.

In no world is Zagitova on par with Caro in terms of PCS. NO WORLD. Med should be about 3 points behind Caro, IMO.

Maybe cry about that.