2024 World Championships Women's Free Skate | Page 62 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Women's Free Skate

Janice4th

On the Ice
Josephine should have won Nationals 😜 with Amber placing second and then Ava would have been sent to Worlds.
If Josephine had won, USFS could’ve chosen whoever they wanted. Isabeau would have been selected, and the coin toss would be between Amber and Ava.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
First, thank you for sharing your notes on the competition. It’s fun to hear a different viewpoint on the skaters, especially when they are at the arena.

I imagine her team has been working with her to increase her power. Skaters usually ask for feedback from the judges, and I am pretty sure that USFS provides feedback at Champs Camp.

When people talk about her bad technique on the jumps, I wonder if it’s too late to correct? This is her muscle memory. Time will tell, I suppose.
Probably too late to correct... And of course, it is working for her, so why fix it? I just hope she doesn't get severely injured because it is not looking ergonomic at all.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Isabeau actually looked better to me in terms of speed (or at least it wasn't as obviosuly slow) here than at Skate America live. I only saw FS here, and FS is her major weakness because she drags through it. I hope she does even better next season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Isabeau actually looked better to me in terms of speed (or at least it wasn't as obviosuly slow) here than at Skate America live. I only saw FS here, and FS is her major weakness because she drags through it. I hope she does even better next season.
It was my first time seeing her live. I didn't notice a huge problem with speed. She doesn't have the flow of the best but she is not among the worse either. It's really the jumping technique that people are discussing. Everytime she leans forward to lift her picking leg high and hammer it into the ground, my lower back receives a strong signal of pain. It makes the experience way less enjoyable for me. Her strength is very apparent though :she does have a personal style and cares about presenting her choreography's details. She must be very precise in her training and very involved and engaged. I value that very much.