2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 387 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

LadyB

Record Breaker
Yeah, I have no doubt about it as well. I think Masha had a bad day in the office at Olys, she's usually better than that and she looked well together at the recent show.

russianfan

Match Penalty
The third number of the Russian team in this discipline will be Stanislav Konstantinova, who, according to the results of the Russian championship in 2018, is the first reserve.

3 spots are in real danger right now... :palmf:
But if Sotskova will not manage to keep 3 spots, she will be the one off the team most likely. Good motivation, i guess.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Yeah, I have no doubt about it as well. I think Masha had a bad day in the office at Olys, she's usually better than that and she looked well together at the recent show.

she had "a bad day" in EC2018 too as well as at EC2017.
And it was the same at the WC2017...

Grin

Medalist
I just thought we will have 58 PCS Karenina instead of 78+ PCS Karenina at worlds (
RuFed, I don't like that kind of substitutes.
Can't we all pretend Alena is 15?

Kara

Final Flight
I thought Eteri skater fans lived pretty stress free lives, but seeing the drama with Konstatinova makes me see otherwise.:laugh:

Even on an off day Maria placed 8th in the Olympics and I don't see anyone who placed lower than her except perhaps Gabby overtaking her so I don't think there's much to worry about. Oh and I also don't see Dabin getting a pass for her URs or anything at Worlds so there's that too.:p

russianfan

Match Penalty
She came 4th the last two Europeans :laugh: Is that bad? :eeking: If you think that, I feel sorry for you. ;)

It's literally impossible to be lower than 4th at Euros for a Russian. Europeans right now is "3 russians + Kostner". Everyone else is just... utterly incompetitive.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Question: there seems to be a lot of resentment towards Stanislava Konstantinova for being perceived as (unfairly) favored by the Russian Fed. Can someone tell me WHY she's supposedly favored? Is Chebotareva that powerful/influential?

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Question: there seems to be a lot of resentment towards Stanislava Konstantinova for being perceived as (unfairly) favored by the Russian Fed. Can someone tell me WHY she's supposedly favored? Is Chebotareva that powerful/influential?

she is.
And TAT

russianfan

Match Penalty

As far as i understand TAT favors her and probably Stasya also has a powerful father (might be a rumor, i don't have confirmation)

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
The fact that Polina isn't going to WC and Stasya is blows my mind, it's so incredibly unfair. There is no comparison between the two.