2018 Worlds Mens Short Program | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Mens Short Program

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
When will the ISU learn? Deniss just did a spread eagle in a squat position and the audience went nuts. A really good simple move that works to enhance the music will always go over big with the audience. The ISU should recognize this and reward it more appropriately.

One of the things I like best about Deniss is that he doesn't drop his back when doing a catch foot spin. See Uncle Dick Button--I did listen closely to you all those years!

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
I will never understand how Deniss got two better programs in the previous Olympic season than the Olympic season.

da96103

Record Breaker
A nice and clean performance from Deniss. Good 3Lz+3T to open. Strong landing on the 3A. And a fine 3F. His spins were quite fast today, though not very centered or controlled. I enjoyed the choreography, particularly the opening flourish to the flutes and the ending with the bent spread eagle. He can still skate with a bit more personality but I think he's got great artistic potential.

Lambiel should start 4T lessons as soon as possible. Don't want to go down the same path as Jason/Rippon.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The point isn't it is the same panel. The point is you can't appeal to the authority of "the panel" when panels make obvious mistakes all the time.

I don't think the skaters care about my opinion. If that's the standard for saying something, this board shouldn't exist since everyone's opinions here are worthless to the skaters.

The tech panel has access to video replays that you or I can't see, and they are trained for this. They're not always right, but it's ridiculous to automatically dismiss them when they don't give the scores we expect (read: want) them to give. I thought Vincent's jumps were fine. You didn't. The tech panel thought they were clean, and have been marking skaters for URs so far in this segment. They must have considered his quads sufficiently rotated even if others didn't.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
When will the ISU learn? Deniss just did a spread eagle in a squat position and the audience went nuts. A really good simple move that works to enhance the music will always go over big with the audience. The ISU should recognize this and reward it more appropriately.

That's really not possible in a system where they try to assign a value to every possible element. You have to go to general impression scoring, and the ISU apparently decided that was too subjective, I guess unlike the system now where no one debates the results ever :drama:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

One of the things I like best about Deniss is that he doesn't drop his back when doing a catch foot spin. See Uncle Dick Button--I did listen closely to you all those years!
You need to watch Strictly Ballroom and learn all about the dangers of these crowd pleasing steps!

Strictly Ballroom >>>>>>>>>>> Moulin Rouge