Nathan Chen | Page 500 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Seems kind of random that they'd invite Mariah Bell to The Ice, but I'm excited about the show. Why no ShibSibs? I loved their behind the scenes vlogs from The Ice in past years. Getting back to Nathan-- at least there's a likelihood we will see more of Nathan through Mariah's instagram postings. Anyone know what Nathan's Chinese name would sound like in Japanese? That'd be funny if they listed his name on the cast as his Chinese/Japanese name.

ShibSibs have other things they are doing.

livetoskate

On the Ice
you know what - Nathan really says 'you know' a lot ... 'you know' 3x in 10 seconds of this interview :)

https://youtu.be/i4d_yKNw0Gg?t=91

That's nice that there was local TV coverage. I feel sorry for the little girl they showed falling just as the announcer said, "Not everyone's going to the Olympics, but ...." How come so few people showed up to watch? There only looked to be half a dozen parents in the stands. I would love to be at a seminar given by Karen and Nathan!

sheetz

Record Breaker
Shibs are doing the Nagano show so that one should be covered. And Mirai is also doing The Ice so we might see a bit of Nathan in her IG, too. DOI was covered pretty well in the Japanese media last year so only that leaves Sun Valley.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The Shibs are opening the summer season shows at Sun Valley on 4th of July weekend (which was always D/W's) for the last few years.

hhh

TBFF is my 📲 and maybe few bites of browni
Final Flight
Great, with Mariah and Mirai we get to see more Nathan, and maybe Romain will tag along for short side trip. Whenever I see Mirai I think back to how she lovingly padded his head after she gave a stellar performance at the OG, aww :) Btw, love seeing the beloved skaters eat to their heart’s content in the offseason, well deserved!

sheetz

Record Breaker
Love the pic with Stephanee. Can't wait to see them reunited at SV.

OK, we haven't really gotten to the point that we're posting Karen's news in this FF have we? LOL

Mamamiia

Medalist

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Sometimes I wonder do choreographers say such wonderful things about all skaters or just Nathan :luv17:

Not all skaters but top skaters typically get compliments. Though Nathan is a trained dancer so for certain choreographers, he can probably work as a muse easier than most skaters and they can explore more with him than usual. As great as Shae-Lynn is, Nemesis choreo is kinda new style even for her. I think most people would put it up there as one of her best and I don’t think it could have been done with any other skater. Ofc same could be said for other programs with other skaters