Nathan Chen | Page 499 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

hhh

TBFF is my 📲 and maybe few bites of browni
Final Flight
This was from a local newspaper two months ago reporting on Great Parks’s developer’s other issues with the residence, and reported a bit about Henry and Susan Samueli, owners of the NHL's Anaheim Ducks not only want to fulfill the strong hockey demand in So Cal and also have interest to grow the figure skating demand base on the great relationship they share with the coaches (I assumed Raf is one), Irvine Company who has a big share in this will be a good resource. The recent interview ex USFS president also mentioned they are reaching out to the GP Rinks, but I don’t have high hope from them. May Irvine Company continues its excellent investment streak and give the FS world a special gift. Three sheets to hockey and one to FS, they also will have interchangeable training times between all four.

frida80

Record Breaker
Ok guys we’ve been on this page for 12 hours now. I know people don’t like this number but people need to post so we can get past it.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
The Ice has a great cast - wondering if any more skaters will be added?

wondering what Nathan will be performing in his upcoming shows - more BFTE and Nemesis?

Possibly new program later in the summer?

Mamamiia

Medalist
The best seat for the ice show is about $150 (20k yan) which is about the same as US SOI, I thought Japanese shows were much more expensive.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
The best seat for the ice show is about $150 (20k yan) which is about the same as US SOI, I thought Japanese shows were much more expensive.

me too - I thought the best seats can cost up to $400 or even $500?

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Has everyone seen Nathan and the Spider already? I just discovered it yesterday - from 2010. Nathan was so adorable - so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG6MBg2ITXg

Nathan's first coach Stephanee Grosscup commented:
Oh Joel!!! This brought tears of JOY to my eyes!!! So sweet, wonderful and imaginative! Thank you!

livetoskate

On the Ice
Seems kind of random that they'd invite Mariah Bell to The Ice, but I'm excited about the show. Why no ShibSibs? I loved their behind the scenes vlogs from The Ice in past years. Getting back to Nathan-- at least there's a likelihood we will see more of Nathan through Mariah's instagram postings. Anyone know what Nathan's Chinese name would sound like in Japanese? That'd be funny if they listed his name on the cast as his Chinese/Japanese name.

livetoskate

On the Ice
That video is gone from Romain's IG story:con3:

What?! But I added him on Instagram just to see that video! (sort of embarrassed to admit this) Well, he does have a cool photo of himself with a cardboard cutout of Nathan; it looks very realistic but it is taller than Nathan is in real life.

livetoskate

On the Ice
Nah, I don't think it sounds like Nathan speaking either. Plus he looks like he's too busy eating to be saying those words.

sheetz

Record Breaker

I don't know the prices of previous years but this year's cast doesn't have as many big names as some of the other ice shows so they charge less.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Anyone know what Nathan's Chinese name would sound like in Japanese? That'd be funny if they listed his name on the cast as his Chinese/Japanese name.

His first name would be pronounced "takashi." But only shows in China/Taiwan/HK would put his name in Chinese. Even Boyang's name is usually written in Japanese katakana.

livetoskate

On the Ice
Yes that's one of my favorite.

Oh, I've never seen this program before-- how adorable. I like the move where the spider wiggles on top of his head. The music is cute and quirky too. So it looks like this was never a real program that Nathan skated to in competition, but something he did for Joel Dear's project. I bet he'd get more views if he included Nathan Chen in the title. Thanks for sharing this find, Oatmella!

Mamamiia

Medalist
What?! But I added him on Instagram just to see that video! (sort of embarrassed to admit this) Well, he does have a cool photo of himself with a cardboard cutout of Nathan; it looks very realistic but it is taller than Nathan is in real life.

Haha I started to follow him yesterday to see this too.