Jason Brown | Page 537 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

noskates

Record Breaker
Never thought I'd recommend POTO to anyone ever again - BUT, I think Jason would do a smash-up job interpreting that beautiful music. I loved Tracy's comment: you can't take your eyes off of him for a minute because you might miss something!"

Ross74

Medalist
Fortunately, I downloaded Jason's 2013 JWC FS performance with Tracy commentary before it was taken down. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcnd7g9cijvy0rk/2013 FS JWC CBC.mp4?dl=0

Tracy - "I pick him!" Tracy's a Jason fangirl! :laugh: But seriously, I could have done this commentary (well, not really), but it's says so much about what I feel about Jason's skating, why I became a fan. Having seen this, I feel a little better about turning him over to a new choreographer. Though I'm excited to see what David puts together for him, there's a bit of concern that with a choreographer other than Rohene, we might lose some of what makes Jason such a special skater. Seeing how much Tracy appreciates these qualities, I hope she won't let that happen.

Thanks to everyone who has posted links about TCC. I'm slowing making my way through them all.

noskates

Record Breaker
Rosa, I don't think it was necessarily Rohene's choreography that makes Jason special. I think it's how Jason interprets the music and the little intangibles that can't be taught. David Wilson has choreographed some amazing programs and I think Jason will just deliver one more of those.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Tracy - "I pick him!" Tracy's a Jason fangirl! :laugh:

And now, 5 years later, she has him! :biggrin:

Though I'm excited to see what David puts together for him, there's a bit of concern that with a choreographer other than Rohene, we might lose some of what makes Jason such a special skater.

I have had the same concerns about the potential for Jason to be saddled with generic choreography but I think noskates is right -- Jason's inate musicality and presence will outshine the shortcomings in any choreography.

Some of my wishes for music -- Stravinsky: Firebird (as long as he doesn't have to lay an egg like Gracie), Beethoven: Symphony 7 or Ode to Joy (It might bring about world peace for a few minutes because there would be way too much joy to be contained in one arena), something by Faure or Satie, something lyrical and pastoral by Vaughan Williams, something by Sibelius (TMC would love it!), one of the Copland ballets (Appalachian Spring, Billy the Kid, Rodeo), something by Tchaikovsky (Serenade for Strings, Suite 3: Theme and Variations, Violin Concerto or one of the symphonies)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Fortunately, I downloaded Jason's 2013 JWC FS performance with Tracy commentary before it was taken down. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcnd7g9cijvy0rk/2013 FS JWC CBC.mp4?dl=0

Oh thankyou! I was looking for this last night! I was having a horrible, graphic zombie nightmare and forced myself to wake up, I thought, I need soothing, I need calm, I know! Joshua's Claire de Lune and Jason's Liebestraume! but I couldn't find this one, and this was the Liebestraume I wanted.

*whispers* do you have josh's fs from this event by any chance because if you do i will love you even more

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Totally OT, but Caps won game 2 in Stanley Cup finals and Dubs takes game 1 of NBA finals in OT. Best sports week Eva!!!!’

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Totally OT, but Caps won game 2 in Stanley Cup finals and Dubs takes game 1 of NBA finals in OT. Best sports week Eva!!!!’

Well, I may not be following the NBA finals, but I do have Twitter, and it looked like GSW got some help from the poor Cavs guy who will win Stupid Play of the Year award.;)

I’m just OK with Jason at TCC :biggrin:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So is this our first glimpse of Jason on TCC ice? Trying to stay out of the way while Conrad Orzel does his quad? :) It looks like him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjdOKXODt4H/?hl=en&taken-by=conradorzel

On the iPad and double quoting in one post is beyond me ... it sure does look like Jason, gray tee and all.:agree:
ETA: Joseph Phan says in the comments “I see Jason Brown”, so if it’s not him, he has fooled some other skaters;)
BTW, I found it almost impossible to believe Millie when she said Jason hoards shirts. They must all be the same color:laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, I may not be following the NBA finals, but I do have Twitter, and it looked like GSW got some help from the poor Cavs guy who will win Stupid Play of the Year award.;)

I’m just OK with Jason at TCC :biggrin:

Yeah, oh J.R. Smith. Kinda a shame. It was actually a well-played game otherwise -- though completely nerve-wracking for yours truly. And LeBron scored 51 points. Nutso.

On the iPad and double quoting in one post is beyond me ... it sure does look like Jason, gray tee and all.:agree:
ETA: Joseph Phan says in the comments “I see Jason Brown”, so if it’s not him, he has fooled some other skaters;)
BTW, I found it almost impossible to believe Millie when she said Jason hoards shirts. They must all be the same color:laugh:

Oh trust me. I have multiple shirts that are the same color.

To bring it back on topic. I hope seeing Conrad do his 4F thing will light a little fire under Jason. I mean, we're only on day 3 or something like that? And the big wigs aren't even in the building yet!

Also that Joseph Phan comment was definitely "oh so cool Jason's there with you" variety. So funny how people are all like Jason's old and washed up yet you have all these junior skaters fanboying/girling until no tomorrow when he's at the rink.

Last edited:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
*whispers* do you have josh's fs from this event by any chance because if you do i will love you even more

I wish I could help but I don't have Josh's program. Knowing what's happened to Josh since, I wish I had downloaded it.

Also that Joseph Phan comment was definitely "oh so cool Jason's there with you" variety. So funny how people are all like Jason's old and washed up yet you have all these junior skaters fanboying/girling until no tomorrow when he's at the rink.

I've noticed how much affection the other skaters have toward Jason too. Yesterday Chloe Ing and Julian Yee Zhi-Jie tweeted greetings to Jason. Apparently they both train in the area as well. It looks like he's going to have a variety of skating friends to pal around with when he gets lonely.

Jason as Tigger -- I vote for a tigger tissue box in the Kiss & Cry

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wish I could help but I don't have Josh's program. Knowing what's happened to Josh since, I wish I had downloaded it.

I've noticed how much affection the other skaters have toward Jason too. Yesterday Chloe Ing and Julian Yee Zhi-Jie tweeted greetings to Jason. Apparently they both train in the area as well. It looks like he's going to have a variety of skating friends to pal around with when he gets lonely.

Jason as Tigger -- I vote for a tigger tissue box in the Kiss & Cry

Both Chloe and Julian train at the Mariposa Skating School in Barrie, which is about 50 miles away. But it sound like Chloe occasionally does sessions at TCC. Lee Barkell used to be at Mariposa.

There’s also the York Region Skaring Academy, north of Toronto. That’s where Conrad Orzel used to train before moving to TCC. Nam Nguyen went there too after his stint with David Glynn (Polina Edmunds’ coach)

In a sense it feels a lot like Coloraldo Springs.

Last edited:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for the info, Mrs. P!

I've never paid much attention to the Cricket Club beyond the obvious but, since Jason's news broke, I've been on a crash course to learn all there is to know. It does sound like Colorado Springs with the various skating enclaves. I've also discovered I need to start following a whole new batch of skaters. :biggrin:

I've been to Toronto several times and it's one of my favorite cities. It is incredibly clean for a city of it's size and the people I encountered were friendly and helpful. The food is great and it's fun to shop in the various neighborhoods. It has a great subway system but no one ever danced on one for me like Jason did in his tweet today. :laugh:

Ross74

Medalist
I've been to Toronto several times and it's one of my favorite cities. It is incredibly clean for a city of it's size and the people I encountered were friendly and helpful. The food is great and it's fun to shop in the various neighborhoods. It has a great subway system but no one ever danced on one for me like Jason did in his tweet today. :laugh:

I know! Toronto's great! We used to have family there and would go every summer. I remember thinking it was he easiest city to get around in because the roads made sense. The subway made sense, too. And great food and parks. We haven't been for a few years since the family moved to a much less interesting part of ON. All this talk has made me want to revisit. :)

Haleth

On the Ice
Jason and his family on the TTC: https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/1002552851535556610

Now I'm sad he didn't try this on the bus or streetcar I was on yesterday lol. Oh well, completely different part of the city than where the club is.

Lots of great neighbourhoods to enjoy here and there are numerous festivals over the summer and fall. Kensington Market is one great place to walk, eat, and shop. If he misses Japanese treats there is a relatively new boom of Japanese cafés selling a range of desserts there, as well as shops and restaurants covering many more cultures too. And ofc plenty of music and theater going on in different parts of the city, green spaces aplenty too.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Jason and his family on the TTC: https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/1002552851535556610

Now I'm sad he didn't try this on the bus or streetcar I was on yesterday lol. Oh well, completely different part of the city than where the club is.

Lots of great neighbourhoods to enjoy here and there are numerous festivals over the summer and fall. Kensington Market is one great place to walk, eat, and shop. If he misses Japanese treats there is a relatively new boom of Japanese cafés selling a range of desserts there, as well as shops and restaurants covering many more cultures too. And ofc plenty of music and theater going on in different parts of the city, green spaces aplenty too.

Clearly Canada must get used to the Browns madness... look how all the others are in denial, pretending not to see anything extraordinary happening next to them :rofl2::rofl:

Well, if you live in Toronto, be hopeful, you may get another chance... he came to Rome two years ago, visited Colosseum which is just 5 min. bike ride from our house, and I didn't get to bump into him :palmf:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Lol, when I lived in Chicago and took public transit, I zoned out most of the time. Honestly, even a complete Jason fan, I probably wouldn't have even notice them dancing.:laugh:

Just don't try that doing rush hour!

That made me think of this: https://www.facebook.com/QPark/videos/1988122241433623/

I'm seriously wishing for a video with Evgenia on k-pop dances, especially from her fave EXO.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And today we have another happy Jason post about pride month.

I agree that Jason is posting more; finally making the announcement has unleashed the Jason we all know and love on social media. :)

Although an SOI Vlog does not look like it is in the works. :drama:

noskates

Record Breaker
Oh Mrs. P - I almost got an ulcer watching that game. I don't care for Lebron James but did feel kind of sad that he had the performance he did with no one to help out particularly. Go Dubs! Hope Sunday night isn't a nailbiter.

Agree with El - Jason seems carefree now. i'm sure it was a very difficult decision for him to leave Kori and go out into the great unknown. However, the fact that he made such a move just tells me that he's very, very committed to his skating career and getting better and better.

Can't wait for the new season to start or at least a hint of what his LP is going to be.