Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 423 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

Imov

Medalist
Brian Orser's interview is on today's morning newspaper (I'm not sure which one) which was given in Kobe.

https://twitter.com/msmf40239/status/1012062548701540352

I don't have time to translate all of it right now, but he sounds very positive about Yuzuru over all.
Orser says,

・Yuzuru's has been recovering gradually taking long term while he has been patient.
・The time length of LP became shorter and Orser thinks it is going to be more difficult, but his students are good in the area of transition, skating skills, and gaining speed, so those will be their strength in new system.
・It is good rule change for Yuzuru because he is an all-round skater, not just a jumper. He has great spins, steps and transitions, and he is able to adopt various choreography. (he said "Everything is ready.":thumbsup:)
・Yuzuru has not changed at all after winning two times in the Olympics, he has been always motivated and it is really amazing. He loves skating and competing in the games. He has been matured and responsible for many things, has also a lot of goals.
・There is no reason for him not to do 4A if he is healthy. He also tried that jump a little last year but he concentrated on the practice for the Olympics, but now the situation has been changed. Yuzuru is ambitious so Orser can't stop him (doing 4A), if only he is healthy.
・New students are hard workers and has great personalities, which is very good for Yuzuru.

Nice to know things are panning well for Yuzu.
I am gonna be prepared to be surprised in this next season. :drama:

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
Brian Orser's interview is on today's morning newspaper (I'm not sure which one) which was given in Kobe.

https://twitter.com/msmf40239/status/1012062548701540352

I don't have time to translate all of it right now, but he sounds very positive about Yuzuru over all.
Orser says,

・Yuzuru's has been recovering gradually taking long term while he has been patient.
・The time length of LP became shorter and Orser thinks it is going to be more difficult, but his students are good in the area of transition, skating skills, and gaining speed, so those will be their strength in new system.
・It is good rule change for Yuzuru because he is an all-round skater, not just a jumper. He has great spins, steps and transitions, and he is able to adopt various choreography. (he said "Everything is ready.":thumbsup:)
・Yuzuru has not changed at all after winning two times in the Olympics, he has been always motivated and it is really amazing. He loves skating and competing in the games. He has been matured and responsible for many things, has also a lot of goals.
・There is no reason for him not to do 4A if he is healthy. He also tried that jump a little last year but he concentrated on the practice for the Olympics, but now the situation has been changed. Yuzuru is ambitious so Orser can't stop him (doing 4A), if only he is healthy.
・New students are hard workers and has great personalities, which is very good for Yuzuru.

Oh, the 4A! I hope he doesn't hurt himself. :pray:

"Yuzuru is ambitious so Orser can't stop him"

I LOL'd at that line, sounds like Brian gave up :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Reading back on Yuzu's history, I get the feeling that his sweet and cute and oh so young looking exterior sort of blinded a lot of folk for years that once he got an idea in his head... pretty much no one could stop him.

I was reading in the archive a thread after he moved to Canada, and the number of people who shook fingers (metaphorically) at the Big Bad Federation who made the sweet innocent little boy genius leave his lovely Japanese coach and go however unwillingly (by controlling the purse strings his training, whatever)... and of course since then Yuzuru has made it perfectly clear it was his idea to go to Brian mainly because of wanting to get quads like Javi. Even at what, 18? - he knew precisely what he wanted and how to go for it.

He's been wanting the 4A for years. He'l get it - maybe not first but as Brian said, "never underestimate Mr Hanyu" - but I believe he will get it.

Me, I am karmically wishing three main things for him this season (oh, plenty else too, but these three in the main). The 4CC if he wants to go for it, to get the Worlds back at least one more time, and the 4A. If they all come true, it will be sheer heaven.

yude

Record Breaker
Oh, the 4A! I hope he doesn't hurt himself. :pray:

I LOL'd at that line, sounds like Brian gave up :laugh:

My last post was only summary, so I read the article once again and Orser was saying "Yuzuru is ambitious so I will not stop him from doing 4A." Sounds different, right? :biggrin: I apologize, sorry!

And I found out this interview was on Kohoku newspaper of Miyagi :)

yude

Record Breaker
My random confession; I am so grateful and thankful for Yuzuru Hanyu who decided to keep competing after fighting all through these years, while many skaters sit out of the games this season (which I totally understand).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I also feel very fortunate that I got to see his career and cheer for him since 2012. -He's still young, but his career has been long and with all the ups and downs I'm just amazed at how strong his determination is. It's such a rare thing to be able to watch unfold. Also, I'm grateful to this thread that we can cheer together in. I can peek back at the previous times and relive them through the comments. :biggrin: what a roller coaster.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Reading back on Yuzu's history, I get the feeling that his sweet and cute and oh so young looking exterior sort of blinded a lot of folk for years that once he got an idea in his head... pretty much no one could stop him.

I was reading in the archive a thread after he moved to Canada, and the number of people who shook fingers (metaphorically) at the Big Bad Federation who made the sweet innocent little boy genius leave his lovely Japanese coach and go however unwillingly (by controlling the purse strings his training, whatever)... and of course since then Yuzuru has made it perfectly clear it was his idea to go to Brian mainly because of wanting to get quads like Javi. Even at what, 18? - he knew precisely what he wanted and how to go for it.

He's been wanting the 4A for years. He'l get it - maybe not first but as Brian said, "never underestimate Mr Hanyu" - but I believe he will get it.

Me, I am karmically wishing three main things for him this season (oh, plenty else too, but these three in the main). The 4CC if he wants to go for it, to get the Worlds back at least one more time, and the 4A. If they all come true, it will be sheer heaven.

I remember the shock and the discussion when it happened. :biggrin: Lots of different opinions about whether it's a good idea or not. The results were undeniable in the end. But for the first few years, every time Yuzu did not do well, some blamed Brian (maybe I did too, I can't remember). :noshake:
Now, when skaters go to a new coach, no matter who, I always try to wait and see and be hopeful. I feel the same for all the new skaters coming to TCC.

I want the 4A landed so much next season, but for that, Yuzu needs to be in perfect health. So I wish for that first! :pray::ghug:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Do you guys think this season Yuzu's GP assignments would come across as safe or rather adventurous? I mean- that Homeless GP, would it be graced by Yuzu's presence or rather not and Yuzu will choose his home country and US or Canada? I mean- choose and get invited according to the rules. I can't imagine any host who'd be not polite enough to invite this beautiful skater to their event.:) I know we've discussed this thousands of times but ISU is not in a hurry with the announcement so....

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can't imagine any host who'd be not polite enough to invite this beautiful skater to their event.:)

Apart from the US (because, well, Nathan) I can't imagine any host wouldn't want the full stadium, extra excitement, sales and attention that having Yuzu would bring... especially if it's the first time his new programs get an airing. Even Russia.

He may not be seeded but oh yes, he is wanted...

Wynter

On the Ice

Henni147

Final Flight
Yuzu is assigned for Rostelekom and Finland!!!!!

NO NHK and NO SC!!!! :eeking::eeking::eeking:

With Kolyada and Boyang in Finland and with Kolyada (again) and Dmitriev in Russia!!

Wow :shocked:

4A battle at Rostelekom? :laugh:

JuliettaG

On the Ice
OMG! I'll try to go to Finland, no matter what. Maybe is the last time I can see him near where I live... If someone knows about the tickets please post about them here.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Tour of Europe for Yuzu! I’m actually not really surprised he’s not doing NHK this time. If Shoma chose NHK (which is obviously a good choice for him), the fed wouldn’t want their top skaters to face each other yet.
And Yuzu loves Finland. Good assignments, imo.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
:yahoo: Finland!! I'm thinking I might go. I have tickets to GPF already but just in case.....