Football/Soccer WC 2018 | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer WC 2018

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yeah croatia! This generation deserved a world cup final.
But now France had some advantages over croatia. They played less, and have one day more of rest.
They are fighters but i don't know how croatia players will still alive those 90mn (maybe 120 again).

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
C'mon, England. You had one thing to do after your first goal - park the bus and play defense. :(

Nice atmosphere on Luzhniki today, BTW. England's fans finally showed up.

Such a great singing! I had goosebumps.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yeah croatia! This generation deserved a world cup final.
But now France had some advantages over croatia. They played less, and have one day more of rest.
They are fighters but i don't know how croatia players will still alive those 90mn (maybe 120 again).

I don't know either. If France won't underestimate Croatia, like England did, they will probably win. But Cratia will have its chances, and so many things can happen in these 4 days, who know how the match will look like?
Btw. It would be tougher for Croatia if they had to play on Saturday! :drama: So thanks Heavens, they play on Sunday :cool:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
The biggest error that France can make is to underestimate Croatia like she did with Portugal at euro cup.
I think french Media is already convinced that France will win. Because of that unfair day of rest that France has and because croatia played basically 7 matches rather than 6. They think that the exhaustion will erase the technical superiority of Croatia.

Ded Moroz

LADIES QUAD CLUB
On the Ice
Country
United-Nations
C'mon, England. You had one thing to do after your first goal - park the bus and play defense. :(

I never did feel confident in that 3 man back line (their last two games), and I would have changed that at the half (being a goal up).
For me (unlike that devil Mourinho), parking the bus is a ~70 minute thing. Just when I was starting to wish Southgate would pull that trigger (he never would have), Croatia scored.
Once England went level I would have put on Vardy. He's more than more firepower, sometimes he can summon some magic.
It's Monday morning here.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The biggest error that France can make is to underestimate Croatia like she did with Portugal at euro cup.
I think french Media is already convinced that France will win. Because of that unfair day of rest that France has and because croatia played basically 7 matches rather than 6. They think that the exhaustion will erase the technical superiority of Croatia.

French media is a separate topic really - heck, they could organize separate championships in which one is the most cocky one;)

They are known from proclaiming results long before actual thing happen, if it got somehow to players' heads, then it's up to them to prove that they are better indeed, but on the pitch, not in opinions. Croatia has quite different style than Portugal (having actually a style in their game unlikely Portugal who has no style whatsoever for me...) and this is not France this time - if French think that they have this in the bag, the remorse will be way worse than 2016 in my opinion. Croatia's longer time on pitch and shorter time between semi and final could play a part, but they won't give up without fight.

Tutto

Record Breaker
This was before the game. Croatian fans made a banner "Thank you, Russia". Still not sure for what exactly. But there was some scandal after the game with Russia, one of the croatian players recorded a very controversial video, which could be considered political and offensive to Russia. So may be it's related somehow.

What they probably meant was 'Thank you Fedor Smolov!' :)

I know very little about football but will put my money on Croatia. The first moment I saw Luka Modric's face on the screen I felt that he is some extraordinary individual whose mental strength triumphs over any obstacle (including his own physique) in that sense he reminds of Hanyu. He has a team of very driven guys... never underestimate the fanatics! English gentlemen had no chance - no offence...

Tutto

Record Breaker
that would make sense :biggrin: as some people in Russia say, he was the best player among those who played for Croatia

The penalty aside (after all it could happen to anyone) I was much more shocked by that moment of the 2nd goal - the ball was rolling right past him but he didn't even try to move (and blocked the sight for Akinfeev while posing as a statue!)

russianfan

Match Penalty
The penalty aside (after all it could happen to anyone) I was much more shocked by that moment of the 2nd goal - the ball was rolling right past him but he didn't even try to move (and blocked the sight for Akinfeev while posing as a statue!)

Exactly! And he also failed one on one chance, just trying to simulate or whatever. He wasn't showing any effort whatsoever, when the whole team was literally ready to die if needed.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I bet on Belgium in penalties :popcorn:

ETA: No extra time this time, England had no fire.... Congrats to Belgium! Happy that Carrasco ended up with medal :luv17: