Football/Soccer WC 2018 | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer WC 2018

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I bet on France in penalties. But I don't really care though, these are two very good teams, and both I like pretty much the same. It's relax time for me today, unlike tomorrow :drama:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I thought there would be more goals in that match. Congrats France on advancinfg to final!

Ded Moroz

LADIES QUAD CLUB
On the Ice
Country
United-Nations
Hope:

Gold- England
Silver- France
Bronze- Croatia
Pewter- Belgium :devil:

russianfan

Match Penalty
France is sooo boring... i hope they will lose final, but it's not likely considering their roster..

irriya

On the Ice
France is sooo boring... i hope they will lose final, but it's not likely considering their roster..

I hated what they've done today after the lead. waste time in every possible and impossible way...just disgusting to watch...I don't care who won after Germany was out but now I hope either England or Croatia would win

deedee1

Record Breaker
FIFA definitely, desparately or whatever, wants France-England Final it seems... :sarcasm:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I keep being surprised very positively by English team, match after match. They have no complex over anyone as opposition. They are not playing magic or some cosmic stuff, but they are very neatly organized, very disciplined regarding positions and tactics, excellently prepared and very united in what they are doing, it just shows from their performance all around that they want to play and fight for result. And it could be seen as only that, but for me it makes a real team, a 'people's team' out of them.

Southgate looks like taught them to see themselves and assess through their own performance only, not history, tradition, people's view or opinion, previous results and failures. And one performance at time which is extremely important and adds to mentality of these guys. They focus on what is happening at the pitch, not what is ahead of it. Listening to them speaking with media it shows maturity and how seriously they treat this opportunity. For me, it already 'came home' for them and it will travel with them wherever they will go and whoever they will play with.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Hrvatska will make me go mental. But I hope it would be good mental....

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
England is not playing inspired football. Croatia's to lose me thinks. :confused2:

////////////

Update: Goal Croatia!!!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Please, let Hrvatska score in extra time, so they'll go to final. Please....

ETA: I can't believe I've written it and they did! :cheer:

russianfan

Match Penalty
It's not coming home yet :laugh2:

gz Croatia, its nice that now i have some team to cheer for in the final

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Croatia is the most fighting team of them all, lots of people have written them off based on more time spent on pitch, but they represent something more than just physicality as a team - if they put their minds on it, they can win with anyone. And they did it today, riding on momentum stolen from England.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Now there are even more similarities with Ukraine at World Cup 2006, I noticed this at the group stage already, just look at it:

Group stage: Ukraine loses to group's favorite (Spain, 4-0). Easy win against Saudi Arabia (4-0), win against north african team (Tunis, 1-0). In 1/8 Ukraine has beaten european team (Switzerland) by penalties.

Group stage: Russia loses to group's favorite (Uruguay, 3-0). Easy win against Saudi Arabia (5-0), win against north african team (Egypt, 3-1). In 1/8 Russia has beaten european team (Spain) by penalties.

More similarities: in both cases Poland couldn't make it out of the group, losing to latin american team (Ecuador in 2006, Colombia in 2018), but winning the last game.

One more thing: Ukraine has lost to the champion in 2006 (Italy). Russia has lost to Croatia. Do you get it? :)

P.S. Btw, is Croatia the first slavic football team ever in the world cup final?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's not coming home yet :laugh2:

gz Croatia, its nice that now i have some team to cheer for in the final

It's not "coming home" it's Croatian version: "Dolazi kuci!" :)

Extremely happy, I predicted Croatia will medal in this World Cup and they already did! We just don't know the colour of their medal yet :hap10: So, so happy for fellow Slavs!