2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Short Program | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Short Program

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
It's enough to put 1 necessary 3Lz in FS for "practice" during an event. And when the jump is ready to put more.
But this edge got worse than it used to be. Defiantly not better.
It's really foolish to admits she has a flutz and they're not going to hide it. And do exactly that. Hide it and put 3 jumps......
too provocative IMO.

I mean, the BV of a 3Lz with an edge call is still higher than the BV of a 3S and 3T. Assuming positive GOEs, a 3Lze would still be more beneficial from a pure points perspective than a 3S with both earning the same GOEs. I have no idea what Orser or Med are thinking, but just looking at the SoV, I can understand keeping the Lutz.

Her Lutz is still a flutz but her overall jump technique has improved. She’s actually picking with the toe, not leaving the full blade on the ice, and she seems to be getting a bit more height.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Really? I don’t think it’s any worse. I mean there were points she was doing a very deep inside edge. Right now to me it looks like an slight inside. Some people are saying flat edge but that’s a question mark.
she used to have a flat before. often.
But this one doesn't look like flat to me. The same about Lz's she did at the test skates.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I mean, the BV of a 3Lz with an edge call is still higher than the BV of a 3S and 3T. Assuming positive GOEs, a 3Lze would still be more beneficial from a pure points perspective than a 3S with both earning the same GOEs. I have no idea what Orser or Med are thinking, but just looking at the SoV, I can understand keeping the Lutz.

Her Lutz is still a flutz but her overall jump technique has improved. She’s actually picking with the toe, not leaving the full blade on the ice, and she seems to be getting a bit more height.
why 3S? She always did 3Lo that +3GOE worth. 3lo is her best jump. or used to be.

Metis

Record Breaker
why 3S? She always did 3Lo that +3GOE worth. 3lo is her best jump. or used to be.

I only mentioned 3S in the context of scoring. As for what she should replace the (f)Lutz with: I suspect it depends on what her scores look like. If she starts getting edge calls regularly and her GOEs don’t compensate for the reduced BV, she’d be better off doing a 3Lo in the short and replacing at least one (f)Lutz in the free. It depends on her GOEs and the BV of programmes of other competitors, most likely. I don’t have any special knowledge or insight.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Just had a chance to watch Bradie, Evgenia, and Wakaba and here are my thoughts:

Bradie- wow, she is consistent and aggressive with her jumps. Could work on projection more but I think she has improved a lot already.

Evgenia- hmm, I'm surprised to find that I miss her old programs choreographed by Averbukh. I'm sure she is just learning this new style and will improve...but for now, I am missing Radionova's sass. This program seems like a watered down version of Elena's Porgy and Bess (though the music is not nearly as grating).

Wakaba- was looking forward the most to seeing her new short, and was very disappointed. Hoping she changes my mind next time.

Metis

Record Breaker
At this rate, we could perform Waiting for Godot before protocols go up.

katymay

Medalist
Just had a chance to watch Bradie, Evgenia, and Wakaba and here are my thoughts:

Bradie- wow, she is consistent and aggressive with her jumps. Could work on projection more but I think she has improved a lot already.

Evgenia- hmm, I'm surprised to find that I miss her old programs choreographed by Averbukh. I'm sure she is just learning this new style and will improve...but for now, I am missing Radionova's sass. This program seems like a watered down version of Elena's Porgy and Bess (though the music is not nearly as grating).

Wakaba- was looking forward the most to seeing her new short, and was very disappointed. Hoping she changes my mind next time.

Wakaba was disappointing, her skating that is. The program itself was innovative and wonderful, some of the most interesting choreography I've seen in a long time. It was the program that Evgenia should have had, I guess I hope that Evgenia seeks out Bourne for her next program.

Evgenia was underwhelming for me, I just think the program is a bit beneath her abilities or something.

I haven't seen the protocols, but I don't really understand how Bradie isn't at least 5 points ahead of Evgenia, based solely on the GOE of her spins. Add to that an advantage on the jumps, I just don't see where Evgenia had the advantage. Bradie gets the "most improved" award, it seems she has worked very hard to refine her skating and it shows.

cell

On the Ice
i haven't seen the protocols, but i don't really understand how bradie isn't at least 5 points ahead of evgenia, based solely on the goe of her spins. Add to that an advantage on the jumps, i just don't see where evgenia had the advantage. Bradie gets the "most improved" award, it seems she has worked very hard to refine her skating and it shows.

yes!!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Med got 4.73 in GOE & a ! on her 3Lz. Bradie got 6.50 for GOE & a < on her 3F. Mid-high 8's for Med while Bradie got high 7 to low 8's in PCS.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Only edge call in the competition was for Wakaba's 3F! :sarcasm:

frida80

Record Breaker
A ! Call on that Lutz? I guess that’s an improvement in judging. What I’m more surprised is that her PCS scores are so low. I guess the judges aren’t enamored with her new mature style as I am.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
A ! Call on that Lutz? I guess that’s an improvement in judging. What I’m more surprised is that her PCS scores are so low. I guess the judges aren’t enamored with her new mature style as I am.
The program doesn't work well with Zhenya so nervous.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Only edge call in the competition was for Wakaba's 3F! :sarcasm:

She’s been getting nailed on that since juniors. Why does she keep doing instead of a different jump with good GOE? I guess ! is better than e but still.