Alena Kostornaia | Page 67 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Amef

Final Flight
I've translated the comment Alena gave to fsRussia at Ostravia for you all:

In general I am satisfied with the result but I won't say I am happy. I made too many serious mistakes. But I'm glad I qualified for the finals. Honestly, I don't know what happened in my short program at this competition. I just went off the circle on my first jump. I've never done anything like this, even in practice, and especially popping a 2A was a shock. I am shocked.
I want to try a 3A at the JGPF. I hope I can do this jump there. Speaking of JGPF this is not my first time qualifying, so I knew what to expect and what is expected of me, but it was more important for me to qualify this season than the last one because I am moving up to seniors next season. That's a whole other level. Everything will be different. So I have to skate more, skate clean, to improve and show that I am capable of competing with the athletes on this new level.
She's already thinking ahead of her senior debut [emoji813] so proud of her. Hope she does land the 3A in JGPF and claim her first Gold at JGPF. Her BV with 3A will be able to topple Trusova if she doesn't skate clean.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
https://outdatedlink.org/figs/src/1538306709048.mp4

What to say... my heart just aches...
I think she must have been in quite a lot of pain during this interview because of the finger injury. :/ It also must have been really hard to express what were clearly deep and nuanced thoughts and emotions in English.

I saw that her left thigh was also taped. Does she have an injury? After what happened to Med last year, I'm worried now when I see tape.

What an awesome young skater!

jajoana

On the Ice
https://outdatedlink.org/figs/src/1538306709048.mp4

What to say... my heart just aches...

This remindes me Yulia Lipnitskaya interview after 5th place at the Olympics. She was like: I am sorry, I've let you down...
The strictest judges for those girls are themselves, that's their strenth and their Achilles' heel at the same time.

Amef

Final Flight
I am already emotionally invested into this girl. She is the only Jr lady who captures people's hearts, emotions, with her unparalleled musicality. If there was a female skater that had the potential to be the "total package" and beyond, it's Alena. She has the potential to even surpass Yuna Kim, in my opinion, because of her brilliant flexibility, spins, transitions, lyricality that's even better than her.

sk8r4ever

On the Ice
Did she make alterations to her dress or did she change it completely? Because the neckline, the shoulder cut outs, the torso area the skirt design has changed.

Scott512

Record Breaker
How odd, if you forget your password you should be able to reset it through email. Unless...she forgot her email password too!

Anyway, just dropping in to say I really enjoyed Alena's skating! She's so talented and really feels the music - I didn't even mind Danill's choreo so much when she skated it :laugh: I do feel sad that she seems so down herself for one mistake! I hope has she gets older she's able to put it into perspective more, it'd be terrible if she got discouraged from skating! Your fans will always appreciate your skating even if it's not perfect.

Ouch about her finger though! Luckily she's has two months for it to heal.

Good luck at JGPF, Alena! :agree:

What about her finger?

neusw

On the Ice
Did she make alterations to her dress or did she change it completely? Because the neckline, the shoulder cut outs, the torso area the skirt design has changed.

It looks like they cut out the original chest panel and changed the original skirt by cutting it off below the jewel belt. All other details and materials look the same as in Linz.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She injured it when she fell and it's now in a splint. But even if she fractured or dislocated it that shouldn't keep her off the ice for very long, if at all.

Still, no matter they look like princesses and faeries, those girls are made of steel. Many adult people would recover for a weeks from it, they just shake it off and continue training as soon as possible.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
The teamkostornaya instagram account posted that they'd read in an interview that Alena just has a muscle strain in her leg. That's what the tape was for. I'm not sure whether it's true or not, but a strain isn't so bad. With a little rest she should be back to form in no time.

NataFoxxy

On the Ice
She's already thinking ahead of her senior debut [emoji813] so proud of her. Hope she does land the 3A in JGPF and claim her first Gold at JGPF. Her BV with 3A will be able to topple Trusova if she doesn't skate clean.

It will be huge battle at JGPF between Anna, Alena and Sasha . Anna has quad in her program, Sasha has several quads. Alena has to have 3A or quad to be able to compete. Hopefully we will witness great figure skating!

Fluture

Record Breaker
She wanted to add 3Lz+3Lo and 3A, that could be enough.. quad is probably out of the question..

Could it? Against Anna‘s quad and Sasha‘s multiple quads? We‘ve seen it last year already, even a clean skate doesn‘t win against one with one or two quads even if there are falls. Last year‘s JGPF... Alena was about 2 points behind in TES in the SP. Something that could have easily been made up with PCS... well, just saying that her PCS were lower than Sasha‘s. She was behind in Interpretation of the music even, which is her biggest strength as we all know.

She won the FS by the fraction of a point but it wasn‘t enough already. Again not getting even a whole point advantage in PCS. So, if Sasha has 3 quads, clean or not, I fear Alena could never make up that difference. Anna maybe, if she falls... With a 3Lz-3Lo in the SP it would be different since they‘d all have the same content and then Alena should win based on execution of the elements, skating skills and performance wise. FS... you can‘t beat 3 quads even with 3Lz-3Lo and 3A, I fear.

Here are the judges‘ scores if you want to see for yourself. I‘m not good at calculating so maybe I made a mistake.

SP:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gpf1718/data0603.pdf

FS:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gpf1718/data0605.pdf

But having said that, for now that‘s not even really important to me. I want Alena to be healthy and happy and skate clean at the JGPF so that she can be satisfied with her performance whatever place she might get. :)

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
you can‘t beat 3 quads even with 3Lz-3Lo and 3A, I fear.

It's not important.

No one can beat Trusova, if we see only the TES. Alena need only to understand, step by step, what may be hers max potential, not for beat Trusova, but for show the best she can, now and for the years to come.

neusw

On the Ice
It's not important.

No one can beat Trusova, if we see only the TES. Alena need only to understand, step by step, what may be hers max potential, not for beat Trusova, but for show the best she can, now and for the years to come.

Long term, it’s not Sasha and Anna that are her primary concern. Sure, she may not be at the top of the podium if they’re still able to jump their quads, but Alena needs to make it to the competition first. Her main competitors will be Alina and Zhenya for international spots, and with those tech upgrades she will be clearly ahead.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
Quads is not a panacea, more like a lottery and Alyona can win in this game

Fluture

Record Breaker
It's not important.

I know, I said the most important thing is for her to be healthy and skate to her own satisfaction. I was merely reacting to a post that stated that with 3Lz-3Lo and 3A it could be enough. I was wondering whether it could be possible for her that‘s why I wrote down my thoughts. But in the end you‘re right, it‘s not about the now and only now but longterm.