Daisuke Takahashi | Page 175 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Imov

Medalist
Going to edit my post since I saw the sched in the previous page.
If I don't live in Japan how can I see him skate live?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Hi! Hope all is well with you.:)

Photos really helped to reduce my nerves. Thanks. :thank: Also, relieved Dai isn't nervous like us it seems; he has time and room in his mind to go and hairdo right before a competition. It's so Dai-chan, how can I say, forever a reckless boy isn't it? Like time hadn't past at all. :laugh: But... the theme of this hairdo is SF :eeking:, with some silver grey on front-centre and blue black the rest??!! More surprised is Nagasawa-san guarantees it will fit him and his costumes both just perfectly after one week, meaning he already saw Dai's new costumes. Now am jealous. :tantrum:

Hello to you deedee! I am doing good after a long hot summer the coolness of fall is very welcomed. Hope you and your family are well:ghug:

I am wondering too how his hair color pertains to his programs and costumes. Not to long now and we will find out.
Knowing "our reckless boy" I am sure it will be special. :luv17:

mikeko666

Final Flight
If I don't live in Japan how can I see him skate live?

Julian Yee of Malaysia said Dai is the skater he admires most now, but has never seen him skate live. I bet there are many young skaters who never got to see him live before Sochi. I hope JSF sends him at least to 4CC, which will be in the US this season. I wonder if JSF will send him to a CS to get international TES if he gets high scores and wins at Western Sectionals .

At the press conference when he announced his un-retirement, he did not deny a possibility of competing internationally, but also implied that it would mean taking a chance away from younger skaters.

deedee1

Record Breaker
New Fluff on Dai! We have seen most of it but some new stuff. Check out Dai at the supermarket, so cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DNy9lUHiXc&feature=youtu.be

Great, as we all remembering Dai-chan had sweared many times in the past he'd never do cooking. :) Lots of vegees and low fat meat, perfect for an athelete. He can cook for our little winter prince then give an lecture or two, maybe? ;)

Thanks for the link. Loved the part around 7:03-06. So cool. :cool: Must be the beginning of choreo Sq. :love:

sayaka1030

On the Ice
https://youtu.be/ZUvarS9A-5I

Dai’s pre comp interview

He is participating in Block regionals for the first time in 17 years, the mental control and conditioning is difficult. He also changed his boots and having a bit of an issue.
His injury has recovered but it kept him from training as hard as he wanted.
He expects to be so nervous he’ll probably forget about how he wants to look for his fans. Zheng’s only wants to go as hard as he can, he has no idea what the score will be like.

(Positioning of this comp towards his goal of Jpn nationals) to get his feel for competition back and see what his score would be under the current system.

He will not be doing quads this time, not ready yet. Did not have time to practice due to recent injury.

(He jokes thatNobunariOda, who jumps quads, should have come back to competition instead of him, at the same time Nobu motivates him, although sometimes it is irritating .

No strategy towards the new rule, he is on totally different level from Yuzu or Shoma, he will just do the best he could.

He has been guaranteed to go on to Sectionals if he participates.
He is worried how nervous he’ll be.

He has forgotten how Regional used to be, the practice is early morning so he hopes he could adapt.

No goal, he is not even sure if he’ll podium, he’ll only do his best and see where he ends up.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot for the translation, sayaka-san! :thank:
Still unreal... but it's already Sunday in our time. Gambare, Daisuke! :cheer:

:ghug:

Zenchio63

Final Flight
https://twitter.com/redgreendress/status/1048840989601873920?s=21

Daisuke: "I was very, very nervous. From the start my legs were shaking – even now they're still shaking [laugh]. I kept thinking, 'Oda-kun got those amazing scores so...' [laugh]. I'm glad there weren't big mistakes. The score was actually higher than I thought."

https://twitter.com/redgreendress/status/1048843128109760512?s=21

Dai, to fans: "I think a lot of people may have been expecting the skating from way before, and I don't know whether I was able to meet those expectations. But after 4 years, I'm honestly happy that this many ppl still support me. I couldn't beat my nerves today, but from now until I face Nats I want to be strong enough to be able to overcome this weakness [turn it into strength]."

Zenchio63

Final Flight
My initial impression of the costume was post apocalyptic, washed out Star Wars look. Maybe the theme ties into the concept of the music. Let's hope the FP costume is not as jarring, lol

champs

Final Flight
Those PCS are jokes but that' not anything new in this sport. Wishing every skater in the regionals good luck in the free.