2018 Internationaux de France Ladies Free Skate | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Ladies Free Skate

SXTN

Final Flight
No expression, no choreo, no transitions, no nothing. That was Zhenya's program today. Level problems, shaky landings, weird falls.

Go back to Eteri.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Mai won silver! Is she in the GPF?.
No, she needed to be first. Samodurova gets the final spot.

No expression, no choreo, no transitions, no nothing. That was Zhenya's program today. Level problems, shaky landings, weird falls.

Go back to Eteri.
Evgenia is struggling to overhaul the Eteri jump technique that doesn't work for adult female skaters, so she should go back to Eteri?

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yay to Rika's second gold, even if it wasn't as perfect as NHK, she still fought for it. And darling Marin had two clean programs and improved her SB!! Like Raf said, once she doesn't pop her jumps anymore her scores will be WOW... lol. And silver for Mai!!!

As for poor Med... the road to Beijing is long. Take care, enjoy life, and keep trucking on :agree:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Grand Prix Final Ladies 2018

1. Alina Zagitova
  2. Rika Kihara
  3. Satoko Miyahara
  4. Elizaveta Tuktamycheva
  5. Kaori Sakamoto
  6. Sofia Samodurova
    --------------------------------
  7. Mai Mihara
  8. Stanislava Konstantinova
  9. Evgenia Medvedeva

What an awesome GPF :love:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh no... she didn't seem happy in the short, something obviously not right, poor girl.

I’m heartbroken for her it must be hard to take but if she can get through this she’ll truly be a great skater.

melgirl25

Medalist
Evgenia should have just done a 2A-3To which she was able to add when she missed one of her 3-3s in pervious competitions. I wish she could go back to Eteri or another Russian coach.

I was surprised she didn't add the 3To to her 3s after those mistakes. May not have made much of a difference anyway.

axon

Rinkside
Exactly! Nerves of steel have always been her biggest weapon, and now she just doubts herself. It’s heartbreaking to watch.
Her consistency came from improper technique, to an extent. Now that she's trying to correct it, and is on less sure footing, it's a challenge for her. It's a long process, but I think she can build herself back up again. It's a brave thing to do.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I am sure that the team "she is on the right track" will put the blinders and keep going on. No, no, no, no. She is not on the right track. Just look at her face and the face of Borser in K&C. Those are not faces of people who are on the right track. She has to ask for Eteri's forgiveness as soon as possible because now she may not make the team this year already. And this will be the end of her "non Leonova career".

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

Go back to Eteri.

That’s not really an option as the Eteri bridge but been truly burnt.

pearly

Record Breaker
Evgenia should have just done a 2A-3To which she was able to add when she missed one of her 3-3s in pervious competitions. I wish she could go back to Eteri or another Russian coach.

That's no way to get ahead, changing things the moment something doesn't go as planned. With Eteri she would have had one more good season and the probably get bumped to 3rd/4th/5th in that rink when the quad/3A juniors turn senior. Eteri's strategy is not to make sure one of her students is a star for as long as possible, it's to win as many medals for Russia as she can.

lusterfan

Final Flight
I know PCS is largely just a reputation parameter, but for Evgenia to receive the HIGHEST PE (performance) score at 8.46 is kind of insulting. Not even counting her lack of expression or emotion (that she's normally known for excelling at), she nearly fell several times and had one hell of a floor spin after her 2A. It just seems a tad bit high to me.

twirlingblades

Medalist
Her consistency came from improper technique, to an extent. Now that she's trying to correct it, and is on less sure footing, it's a challenge for her. It's a long process, but I think she can build herself back up again. It's a brave thing to do.

The Russian technique works when you are tiny, but it’s not sustainable when you grow. Changing her jump technique is an 18 month process.