Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 260 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLou

Rinkside
1. The rivals can not take their eyes off each other anyways.
2. Always watching, older brother and younger brother with three years gap.
3. Watching, any time.
4. Here, (watching) even at the time like this.
5. When he is watching Javier, he doesn't care about Pooh at all.
6. Watching even either one of the two wins.
7. Javi makes Yuzu laugh and Yuzu laughs.
8. Nothing changes even in the different positions.
9. Even in the different places...
10. Same.
11. Playing tag.
12. Fist bump.
13. The harmonizing high five.
14. Thank you for always taking care of me.
15. Because España and Japon are good friends from the days of Tsunenaga Hasekura.
16. Being good friends might be the destiny.
17. Silhouette romance of exchanging uniforms. :)laugh:)
18. Being sworn friends at Cricket Club might be also the fate.
19. Hugs Javi tight!
20. Hugs Yuzu tight, too!
21. Hugs Javi tight!
22. The cameras can't miss a scene of "Hugs Javi tight!".
23. But it is better if you don't over do it because.......
24. You are going to be like this!
25. It's a relieve not many people here.
26. Hugs unlimited.
27. Oh, someone is taking photos of us......
28. By our coach of all men.
29. Why me......:)laugh2:)
30. Why!?
31. With being unsteady with the hugs, the mascot is wrong way round.
32. Sorry for getting you involved a while ago.
33. No space between these two.
34. No space between.
35. No space.
36. Boom. Too close and minor collision.
37. The practice of Gala is totally synchronized.
38. Therefore, Keegan Messing can not stand between them.
39. Don't fall with that jump...(anxious).
40. Big brother worries about you.
41. No, this is how we do it, pow.
42. Thank you for your continuous support.
43. Want to take a picture of two of us.
44. Want to take a picture of two of us!
45. JaviYuzu, forever.

Thank you for translating! :hap93: :thank:

yude

Record Breaker
I am watching the documentary on TV right now and it is very very interesting! Mr. Button "He was injured but I was waiting for him to appear in the Olympics, a true figure skater."

Unfortunately, the interview is dubbed.

yude

Record Breaker
I am crying.

Thank you so so so much, Javier.

Don't forget to prepare the tissue, everyone.

yude

Record Breaker
Javier is watching Seimei at the Olympics on screen, he says this is his first time seeing it and usually he doesn't watch his own performances either.

yude

Record Breaker
It's bed time for me but I'll watch it again before sleeping, I want to thank Button, Plushenko, and Javier, also NHK for their great job.

I was really glad that Javier talked about the media toward Yuzuru before the Olympics, he said it was kind of understandable they wanted to know about the secret of Yuzuru, but they should have offered interviews etc. officially without writing rumors because Yuzuru and his coaches would have accepted it.

I am very thankful for Plushenko as well, I almost laughed at his words that Yuzuru could win the Olympics 5 times if Japan let him focus :laugh:

I hope Yuzuru will watch this show, I really do :pray: :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
1. The rivals can not take their eyes off each other anyways.
2. Always watching, older brother and younger brother with three years gap.
3. Watching, any time.
4. Here, (watching) even at the time like this.
5. When he is watching Javier, he doesn't care about Pooh at all.
6. Watching even either one of the two wins.
7. Javi makes Yuzu laugh and Yuzu laughs.
8. Nothing changes even in the different positions.
9. Even in the different places...
10. Same.
11. Playing tag.
12. Fist bump.
13. The harmonizing high five.
14. Thank you for always taking care of me.
15. Because España and Japon are good friends from the days of Tsunenaga Hasekura.
16. Being good friends might be the destiny.
17. Silhouette romance of exchanging uniforms. :)laugh:)
18. Being sworn friends at Cricket Club might be also the fate.
19. Hugs Javi tight!
20. Hugs Yuzu tight, too!
21. Hugs Javi tight!
22. The cameras can't miss a scene of "Hugs Javi tight!".
23. But it is better if you don't over do it because.......
24. You are going to be like this!
25. It's a relieve not many people here.
26. Hugs unlimited.
27. Oh, someone is taking photos of us......
28. By our coach of all men.
29. Why me......:)laugh2:)
30. Why!?
31. With being unsteady with the hugs, the mascot is wrong way round.
32. Sorry for getting you involved a while ago.
33. No space between these two.
34. No space between.
35. No space.
36. Boom. Too close and minor collision.
37. The practice of Gala is totally synchronized.
38. Therefore, Keegan Messing can not stand between them.
39. Don't fall with that jump...(anxious).
40. Big brother worries about you.
41. No, this is how we do it, pow.
42. Thank you for your continuous support.
43. Want to take a picture of two of us.
44. Want to take a picture of two of us!
45. JaviYuzu, forever.

soooo nice! thank you..

You were talking about Yuzuru's fans. There are many terrible persons among them. Unfortunately. They are not Japanese!( So sorry :pray: because I write this I know there are many nice Yuzuru fans!!! Most of them are nice! )
I really believe Yuzuru who is a really nice and lovely man wouldn't be happy if he knew this.

Imov

Medalist
It's bed time for me but I'll watch it again before sleeping, I want to thank Button, Plushenko, and Javier, also NHK for their great job.

I was really glad that Javier talked about the media toward Yuzuru before the Olympics, he said it was kind of understandable they wanted to know about the secret of Yuzuru, but they should have offered interviews etc. officially without writing rumors because Yuzuru and his coaches would have accepted it.

I am very thankful for Plushenko as well, I almost laughed at his words that Yuzuru could win the Olympics 5 times if Japan let him focus :laugh:

thanks for the insight
I hope someone gives english subs to the show

yude

Record Breaker
You were talking about Yuzuru's fans. There are many terrible persons among them. Unfortunately. ( So sorry :pray: because I write this I know there are many nice Yuzuru's fans!!! Most of them are nice! )
I really believe Yuzuru who is a really nice and lovely man wouldn't be happy if he knew this.

Yes, I know it too well. And there are many terrible persons among other skaters' fans, too. I guess that is how it works in fs fandom.

Speaking of criticism/antis/rumors, NHK showed how terrible they were for Yuzuru before the Olympics in the documentary, probably this is almost the first time TV clearly stated it, you are brave NHK :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Then Dick Button said, "Who said that?? He should just do what he likes!"

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I watched the whole thing again...I can't say enough what a good job NHK did with this documentary. :sad21: And Javi's whole part was so good!
----
I'm so glad the issue of fake news and trolls was also brought up in this documentary.
With the rise of social media fans get to feel closer than ever to skaters, with fan videos, behind the scenes specials etc.
There is a dark side to all this, however, and even someone as loved as Javi and Yuzu get their share of trolls on-line. Just because they know, logically, that it is a small minority who are trolls, doesn't mean that it isn't painful and hurtful when they see this kind of thing.

As fans, what we can do is create a atmosphere of support and positivity for our favorite skaters, as well as for skating as a whole by sharing supportive messages to drown out the trolls. :ghug:

Last edited:

yude

Record Breaker
"In Spain, it is very rare for figure skating to be reported. On the other hand, figure skating is very popular in Japan, too popular. As regards Yuzuru who stands on the top, they were eager to catch him napping and jealousy or lies were everywhere at the time he was injured, just as I thought."

"Yuzuru is a person who tries insatiably to gain something meaningful from everywhere for his performances. So when he feels down, he feels down thoroughly. I kind of understand they wanted to know the secret of the top athlete and start rumors. But if so, they should have covered him straightforward. Yuzuru himself and his coaches respond to media's requests properly."

Thank you, Javier :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/330_43_snow/status/1090249263378878464

ankifeather

Final Flight
Yes, I know it too well. And there are many terrible persons among other skaters' fans, too. I guess that is how it works in fs fandom.

Speaking of criticism/antis/rumors, NHK showed how terrible they were for Yuzuru before the Olympics in the documentary, probably this is almost the first time TV clearly stated it, you are brave NHK :biggrin:

Unfortunately the bigger the fan group the more they get generalised for the actions of the loudest few. Yuna fans also had to suffer too for those that attacked Adelina after Sochi. And talking about terrible persons, I don't even want to mention those who questioned or even celebrated Yuzu's injuries both times from competitors' fan groups. You get these black sheeps in all fandoms. So I am glad NHK revealed these Hanyu-antis' behaviour prior to the Olympics. Honestly, last year when he talked about it in CWW, and the broadcast cut it out, I thought Japan media didn't want to know about it, so I am surprised NHK brought it back. And if it was actually Javi who initiated the discussion, then good on him.

- - - Updated - - -

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
"In Spain, it is very rare for figure skating to be reported. On the other hand, figure skating is very popular in Japan, too popular. As regards Yuzuru who stands on the top, they were eager to catch him napping and jealousy or lies were everywhere at the time he was injured, just as I thought."

"Yuzuru is a person who tries insatiably to gain something meaningful from everywhere for his performances. So when he gets depressed, he gets depressed thoroughly. I kind of understand they wanted to know the secret of the top athlete and start rumors. But if so, they should have covered him straightforward. Yuzuru himself and his coaches respond to media's requests properly."

Thank you, Javier :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/330_43_snow/status/1090249263378878464

Thank you for the translation!

Just one thing, I really think "feels down" would be more accurate than "gets depressed". A lot of English speakers will take that to mean that Yuzu gets clinically depressed/has mental health problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.