2019 World Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Pairs Short Program

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tech panels must have had the fear of God put into them. The panels at Junior Worlds were super strict. And they're being super strict here.

Seems like first year of a new quad, the judges push the difficulty. The next year they want some style and content. Third year they clean up technique and want originality so that by Olympics you ideally have a well balanced field.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Oh no, rough short for James/Cipres. They've had such a great season too. Bring it in the free :drama:

GGFan

Record Breaker
OMG!! I expected the mistake on the SBS but the throw??? They couldn't afford that with T/M and S/H going clean. They also don't have the polish of the other two teams to fall back on.

Hopefully they kill it in the free like they have all season. I don't think they will ever have this kind of opening again :pray:

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Sad to say I haven't been into this SP much. It just feels forced compared to the FS, and I kind of wish they had gone in a different direction.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Uh-oh... Oh no :(

They have a killer free as we all know, but hmm they're going to have to absolutely rock that free

oly2018

Final Flight
Ugh, I was worried about them from this morning. Vanessa was re-posting all this stuff from fans about them being world champions and they have always had a problem when the pressure is on. I wonder where they will fall in the rankings.

frida80

Record Breaker
The SP has always been their weakness this season. All the pressure built up and suddenly that freak collision got to them.

leilaraj

On the Ice
That collision in the warmup really put Vanessa on edge - she didn’t look right the whole time

I think so too.. it took her quite a moment, she definitely was in shock.. and usually she smiles at the start but she didn‘t this time :( so unfortunate

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear. I hope not, but I'm afraid that will be the death of their world medal--I can't possibly see how they grab gold after leaving so many points on the table. 9 tech points behind T/M, and a fall to boot. :sad21:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
this SP from J/C continues to feel basic for me

It really feels flat comparing to what Sui/Han & Tarasova/Morozov have, both these teams have SP that highlights the best out of them, some kind of identity of a team while Vanessa and Morgan wanted to somehow tame their edginess & make it more 'streamlined' I feel while it had to just be amped and polished...

oly2018

Final Flight
Sad to say I haven't been into this SP much. It just feels forced compared to the FS, and I kind of wish they had gone in a different direction.

I am with you. This short has never really clicked for me. I don't know why, but they never seemed settle into it the way they are in the free.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

methinks Guillame should've refine his choreographic skills before giving any to skaters like James/Cipres

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
How much will they be held up? I would have them behind the Canadians and maybe B/K but I am sure they will be ahead of both those teams.