Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not that it matters because it happened a week after the deadline (and she doesn't have the FS minimum anyway), but Ekaterina Luneva of Cyprus achieved the SP minimum TES for Junior Worlds at the Tallink Hotels Cup.

CaroLiza_fan

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
To put things in perspective:
Welp, all of the junior girls, save one, have gotten the Worlds TES min. LOL
Had Sof'ya Baranova not fallen, all contestants in the recent Russian Junior Nationals Championships would have qualified for senior worlds, including the 12 year olds.

DenissVFan

Medalist
To put things in perspective:
Had Sof'ya Baranova not fallen, all contestants in the recent Russian Junior Nationals Championships would have qualified for senior worlds, including the 12 year olds.

Well, good for them, but not everybody has got the same opportunities and infrastructure. The circumstances of the likes of Dasa and Donovan are completely different.

Fingers crossed for all my small fed skaters competing at the Challenge Cup! One more chance. I really hope they can do it.

Nirti

Medalist
Let's sum up this weekend's results :

Zdravkova/Davis (BUL), Ichilov/Abécassis (ISR), Ippolito/Michel (LAT) and Semenenko (RUS) are now eligible to Worlds.
Ounasvuori (FIN) and Kropa (LTU) got the SP TES only.

IF the TES stay the same next year, Vahi (EST) and Bayar (TUR) are now eligible to Euros. Välitalo (FIN) and Zhdanovych (UKR) got the SP TES only.

and IF the TES stay the same, Clerici (ITA) is now eligible to 2021 Junior Worlds. Luneva (CYP), Martchenko (EST), Comi (ITA), Sharovikov (RUS) and Karas (TUR) all got the SP TES while Von Büren (SUI) got the FS one.

I don't know if it has a big sense to update the TES for Euros/4CC and Junior Worlds given that we don't know if they will be raised for next season or not... But now I've begun to do it, I'll continue :biggrin:

This weekend in Den Haag last chance to qualify to Worlds for Danilova/Tsiba, Gamez/Paradis, Herbrikova/Roulet, Boys-Eddy/Mayr (Austria has 2 spots), Csernoch, Carillo, Lewton-Brain, Kennes, Oddvoll-Boe, Neuman, Gabara, Bausback, Schizas, Iushchenkova, Wories, Dubinina, Grm... Sorry if I missed someone and may the skating gods be with them!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not that it matters because it happened a week after the deadline (and she doesn't have the FS minimum anyway), but Ekaterina Luneva of Cyprus achieved the SP minimum TES for Junior Worlds at the Tallink Hotels Cup.

CaroLiza_fan

It still matters - the qualifications are valid for two seasons (the one they're earned in and the following one), so unless they change the minimums enough to exclude her again, all she needs next season is the FS!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It still matters - the qualifications are valid for two seasons (the one they're earned in and the following one), so unless they change the minimums enough to exclude her again, all she needs next season is the FS!

Very true!

Sorry, that was my feelings at the time of writing coming through. I was really annoyed that Katia had only done one competition (the GP Of Bratislava) between her Junior GP and the deadline for Junior Worlds, and so hadn't had a real opportunity to chase those minimums and try to claim a Junior Worlds spot this season. Because, as she showed by getting the SP minimum TES in Tallinn, it could have been a realistic target.

The upcoming Junior Worlds will be the first time that Cyprus has been represented at an ISU Major Championship. (The only other time Cyprus has been represented at a figure skating Major was at the 2017 EYOF. But that was a European Olympic Committee event rather than an ISU event). So, given that Ladies Singles skating has been the main category of competition since ice skating started on the island, it would have been nice if Katia could have been able to join her Leader club team-mates Angelina Kudriavtseva and Ilia Karankevich in having this honour.

Oh well! :disapp:

But, as you say, at least she will have a good shot next season. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I find it hard to get excited about people earning TES minimums that they can use next year when they can raise the minimums at any time, even late in the competition year. I'm still very bitter about that.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I am happy for the athletes anyway.

It does seem quite likely that the ladies' minimum TES will be raised again next season. Isn't the decision made partly related to the top scores from Worlds? And the top ladies' TES potential has skyrocketed with the technical elements performed now in seniors. The top Worlds scores are very likely to be higher than last season.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I find it hard to get excited about people earning TES minimums that they can use next year when they can raise the minimums at any time, even late in the competition year. I'm still very bitter about that.

Me too, but it's a benchmark for the skaters themselves so I'm always glad for them when they get them. And you never know, they might not raise them by so much that too many skaters lose their qualification.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Challenge Cup is going on, there are a lot of good skaters like Kihira and Uno ust polishing up for worlds (4S Rika?) But there are also many fighting for minimums. If I'm not mistaken, it's the last chance. So good luck!

Also, that junior rusnats statistic is just scary and amazing all at the same time. 18 little girls who could go to senior worlds. And even more who didn't qualify - the depth in Russia is INSANE

haribobo

On the Ice
From what I can tell, at Challenge Cup (only looking at Worlds for now)

Emily Bausback- got SP min, now has both
Kristina Isaev- got SP min, now has both
Danilova/Tsiba- got SP min, now has both
Adrien Tesson- got SP and FS min, now has both (obviously)

Sierra Venetta- got SP min, needs FS (hopefully tomorrow)
Madeline Schizas- got SP min, needs FS (hopefully tomorrow)

Jonathan Hess and Donovan Carrillo again achieved SP min but missed FS min
Philip Warren again achieved FS min but still missing SP min

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
From what I can tell, at Challenge Cup (only looking at Worlds for now)

Emily Bausback- got SP min, now has both
Kristina Isaev- got SP min, now has both
Danilova/Tsiba- got SP min, now has both
Adrien Tesson- got SP and FS min, now has both (obviously)

Sierra Venetta- got SP min, needs FS (hopefully tomorrow)
Madeline Schizas- got SP min, needs FS (hopefully tomorrow)

Jonathan Hess and Donovan Carrillo again achieved SP min but missed FS min
Philip Warren again achieved FS min but still missing SP min

Yay, yay, yay for Danilova/Tsiba and Emily, Kristina and Adrien. But so sad for Donovan. He is such a joy to watch (he's completely adoreable), and I would have loved to see him at Worlds again. I still often rewatch his 2018 Worlds Free Skate, just for the overall joy of it.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Happy for all those who got their minimums and are heading to worlds, but most of all super bummed for Donovan. He missed by a few tenths as 4CC and today he just fell apart, mentally I think. I hope he can come back strong.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Happy for all those who got their minimums and are heading to worlds, but most of all super bummed for Donovan. He missed by a few tenths as 4CC and today he just fell apart, mentally I think. I hope he can come back strong.

Totally agreed. Super bummed for Donovan. But he did try! So hope he'll be back next season.

Shani

On the Ice
Agree. So think ISU should not be allowed to change competition minimum scores mid season EVER.

DenissVFan

Medalist
So Dasa and Donovan missed the TES by 0.12 by 0.20 points respectively? A big sigh. Also sad for Sondre...

But Niki Wories got hers, right?

Nirti

Medalist
Last tickets to Worlds earned by Bausback & Schizas (CAN), Tesson (FRA), Isaev (GER), Danilova/Tsiba & Wories (NED). Of course only the Dutchs and one canadian lady will be directly, but it's curious to notice that Isaev is the only possible alternate for Schott.

Venetta (USA) got the SP TES only but reached the TES for 4 Continents. Van Gorp (NED) got the FS TES for Euros.

In junior, if the TES stay like this next year, Vauclin (FRA), Zich (ITA), Chiba & Yoshioka (JPN), Risa Gomez (NOR), Herrera, Huynh & Kovar (USA) are now eligible to JW. Dijkstra (NED) and Mindra (USA) got the SP TES only.