Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1426 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
What should the alternative be? Abolish government funding and introduce elite sports for the rich? Basically, competitive sports for children should be banned and done. Everything else is whining about a system from the moment you no longer benefit from it yourself.

Are you sure this is the right topic to discuss something like that?

There‘s no need to ban elite sports or any of what you suggested. There are other way to create a safe and healthy environment for children where they can grow up in their sport and stay competitive until a later age. Right now, in figure skating, I think we‘re far away from that but there are many skaters who start to talk openly about important topics and this will lead to a better future for the next generation.

About the whining part... Not sure what you’re trying to accomplish but: Zhenya is still in the National Team, so she‘s getting the same amount everyone else there does. Not more, not less. So, isn‘t she still “benefiting from the system“? That doesn‘t make the system more right and talking about is not derogatory, nor is it whining. Besides, that was one small comment in a wave of positive emotions and it wasn‘t even a main topic.

No other skater was mentioned in a negative in Zhenya‘s fanfest and we intend to keep it that way. If you are a fan of Zhenya, you are very welcome to join the discussion. If not - well, then I‘m asking myself what you‘re doing here anyway. I usually do not visit the fanfests of skaters I‘m not a fan of (anymore) unless I have something positive to share. :shrug:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I was not interested in an association or a specific person, but in a (in my eyes) disrespectful formulation. This may not have been the intention, but this does not change the fact. Please excuse me if I was too harsh, but I do not understand why love for one is often accompanied by degradation of the other.
And i am asking myself what exactly you are doing in zhenyas fanfest? At this point I have not seen anything that you wrote that is about zhenya.no one said anything bad about other skaters.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Fluture

Record Breaker
Or it's a Trankov/Volosozhar tribute ;)
Maxim Trankov seems to be happy with Zhenya's choice :biggrin:
https://twitter.com/xam_trankov/status/1236630572723822598?s=19

Well, no offence to these two but given that Zhenya recently painted Mao, I think it‘s more likely it‘s a Mao tribute. If it is a tribute at all. :laugh: ;)

I'm excited. I always wanted Jeffrey Buttle to choreograph one of her programs, he is right there to train with her.

I just watched Mao's 2010 SP, I love this program and it was great seeing Tat at the boards.:)

I would love her to switch to Armenia and doing so , she would miss the Grand prix, but not Europeans and Worlds 2021.

I love Mao‘s SP as well. Such a great step sequence! Hoping Zhenya will have something equally as great so that she can show her new improved skating skills!

Honestly, I don‘t think she would even try. She doesn‘t want to and even if she did: Russia would never release her and Armenian fed has no power. She‘d face hate we cannot even imagine and deliberate underscoring in competitions. If I could choose, I‘d have her switch to Canada. They badly need a good female skater right now and they would have the means to support Zhenya. But I‘m not the one making the decisions, Zhenya is, and she‘s said many times that she wouldn‘t want to change countries. I respect that decision. She has her reasons.

Fried

Final Flight
@Lunalovesskating
@Fluture
I understand that I have misunderstood something. Please consider my objections as irrelevant. Thank you.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
@Lunalovesskating
@Fluture
I understand that I have misunderstood something. Please consider my objections as irrelevant. Thank you.

Thank you for being the first humble person I’ve seen in this forum. We need more people like you, that apologize when they’ve seen they made a mistake. I’m not being ironic, I’m very pleased and happy. Let us all be more like Fried.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Fluture

Record Breaker
@Lunalovesskating
@Fluture

Oh, that‘s alright, I can understand it. If I see a comment I feel is unfair towards a favorite of mine my first instinct too is to defend. That‘s normal, I think we all feel that way. I hope we have clarified that there was no harm intended. Thank you for accepting our explanations. :thank:

Placebo11

On the Ice
Zhenya just posted an IG story from the Toronto International airport. Seems like she's travelling to Berlin (my home town:) ). I guess she will change flights there.
I think it would be good if she wasn't around when all her training mates will travel to the Worlds.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Zhenya just posted an IG story from the Toronto International airport. Seems like she's travelling to Berlin (my home town:) ). I guess she will change flights there.
I think it would be good if she wasn't around when all her training mates will travel to the Worlds.
She is not travelling to Berlin :) she just used one of these instagram filters that tell you what your next location should be.
People assume that she will travel to California to get her FS choreo by SLB

Last edited:

Placebo11

On the Ice
She is not travelling to Berlin :) she just used one of these instagram filters that tell you what your next location should be.
People assume that she will travel to Charleston to get her FS choreo by SLB

lol I wasn't sure (because she shook her head) but I didn't really understand it. Thank you!

kahndradra

On the Ice
People assume that she will travel to California to get her FS choreo by SLB

Looking at the list of delayed flights... Chicago and Montreal are possible candidates ;)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ted was asked during the gala program and he was asked what his favorite Evgenia program and he said all of them.
He said she skates with her soul. She is a special skater and a special person.

kahndradra

On the Ice
Zhenya is in California! So SLB?

If she’s getting her choreography for both her programs one after the other, wow that’s a lot of work in a very short time

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
Wow she's busy! I live in CA and I'm kinda freaking out that she's so close lol, never thought she'd come here.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Yes, she landed in California like I expected. She is really working hard! I think it is great that she is getting her programs so early. She has 6 months to perfect the choreo and prepare for the season then.