Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1427 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, she landed in California like I expected. She is really working hard! I think it is great that she is getting her programs so early. She has 6 months to perfect the choreo and prepare for the season then.

I'm so excited. Evgenia is a true warrior. :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The ice show "Russia, forward!" on March 29th seems to be postponed due to new safety rules concering Coronavirus. No news yet, when they will hold it instead.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Oh my gosh, that is awesome! I wonder if the ultimate goal is to do that aerial cartwheel she showed last year?

rhettrhett

Rinkside
Omg I love it!!! Can’t wait to see her new programs. Does anyone know when ACI dates are released? I went last year and had the best time. Hope to go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Golden Skate

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Omg I love it!!! Can’t wait to see her new programs. Does anyone know when ACI dates are released? I went last year and had the best time. Hope to go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Golden Skate

It is not decided yet if ACI will take place this year. In February ISU announced that only one Challenger will take place in either Canada or the US and both Federations have to decide which to hold.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The Olympic Channel did a podcast episode with figure skaters about haters, trolls, relationships and respect. Evgenia was featured in it:
"At first I was a little afraid of them, because what they were doing was beyond my understanding. 'Why are you wasting your time on me? I didn't do something bad to you.' But whatever, I just let it go. I will never understand them." Zhenya about haters.
“I don't wanna repeat it, but that summer the situation was not very good: on TV, social media, everywhere - words that I didn’t say were discussed. I dealt with this, now everything is already in the past. But it was not very good for my mental health." - About 2018
"Sometimes it hurts a lot because I don’t understand why [...] I will never understand this. Never."
"I want to escape from everything. But at the same time, I understand that this is part of my work. So I just have to deal with it, go through it and move on."
"I feel a lot of love in my life. This is amazing. Thanks a lot, guys. You are incredible. The worst thing is there are a lot of expectations, a lot of eyes that look at you & try to find something bad in you. But this is part of my life, it makes me stronger." https://t.co/KBjOeQtHSNhttps://twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1237781695044169728?s=19

You can listen to the podcast on spotify.
Some parts of it were already shown last year on the Olympic Channels Twitter account, so they may be familiar to you.

kahndradra

On the Ice
Zhenya’s Moscow show is in 2.5 weeks, I realized!

I want to see her perform but at the same time I’m so worried for her performing in front of thousands of people. I’m in East Asia so we’ve seen the worst of the virus here and I just am so anxious about that many people being crammed into one space.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is not decided yet if ACI will take place this year. In February ISU announced that only one Challenger will take place in either Canada or the US and both Federations have to decide which to hold.

Are they adding a different challenger? I'm sad about this. North America is huge, so one on the West coast and one on the east coast seems about right. And ACI usually sells out.