2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 286 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Ok, I agree clickbait language is fun sometimes, but if these comments themselves are denigrating then we denigrate skaters all the time much worse by critiquing their skating at all. Denigrating for example is addressing her point by just mentioning her past drinking problems, actually.
I think the poster means it's worse to criticize someone when the critic is in a position of authority because their words are taken more seriously and influence more people than when it's just fans talking. Just like doctors making light of the pandemic online are worse than the general public posting the same opinion.

eliana

On the Ice
Ok, I agree clickbait language is fun sometimes, but if these comments themselves are denigrating then we denigrate skaters all the time much worse by critiquing their skating at all. Denigrating for example is addressing her point by just mentioning her past drinking problems, actually.
Yes, that's what it's about.

Ziotic

Medalist
The second part of Anna’s program is Secrets by OneRepublic and the piano guys. It’s one of my favourite pieces of music. I wished so much for someone to skate to it. I’m now so very disappointed ☹️. I know some people think she skates so well to music but she’s not nearly powerful enough to do that music justice.

Deripashka

On the Ice
Congratulation to Anna beautiful performance. At first I was a bit dissapointed of music, it appeared to me a bit as an elevator music, but Anna sold it to me once again (y)
And hugs to Maia, Im sure it will improve as season advance.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think that Shcherbakova definitely got the Medvedeva's business model. Similar musics, similar programs every season, similar dresses. Maybe it's because they have the same body type (even if i think Shcherbakova will get wider hips and stronger legs than Medvedeva later). The only differences are the lack of miming, and changes of layout. Medvedeva kept the same layout in the free during 5 years while Shcherbakova changes sometimes. Probably because Shcherbakova can skate way more difficult programs than Medvedeva could.
That's too bad because i think Shcherbakova is more talented than Medvedeva at the same age. She can interpret something else. She's too light, too smooth. Kostornaya will always get better pcs (not only because of SS) is she doesn't show some character.
Congrats for the 4F by the way. Those who were hoping that she lost her quads are dissastified.

Last edited:

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Congrats to Anna on a well-deserved win! She was by far the best here, no one else came close. I also really like the new music in her free skate. Before, the program was very one-note and monotonous but now there's a really nice build at the end! She had a few mistakes but I love that she was able to laugh at herself afterwards. Nice to see the 4F back too!

I enjoyed Frolova but not as much as yesterday. I think the program just needs more work, which is totally fine for this point in the season. Her skating is very elegant and sparse and I think the music highlights that very well. Also, that was quite the save on that lutz combo 👏

I feel bad for Maiia, today just wasn't her day. Lots of jump issues and her quad attempt was really just an overrated triple. Hopefully her next outing will be better and she'll have some time to put in work before then!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
The second part of Anna’s program is Secrets by OneRepublic and the piano guys. It’s one of my favourite pieces of music. I wished so much for someone to skate to it. I’m now so very disappointed ☹️. I know some people think she skates so well to music but she’s not nearly powerful enough to do that music justice.
Tarakanova would have done better i think.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She is a recovering alcoholic. I wish her well, but disregard EVERYTHING she has to say. Drama Queen 1.0.
That's pretty rude, just because someone has a drinking problem (that they've recovered from) it means they can't have a legitimate opinion?

I don't know enough about jumps to agree or disagree, but it's not cool to throw people's struggles in their faces like that.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Did I miss Danny G becoming the main jump coach? He acted like he was the head coach and Sergei Dudakov was something that the cat had dragged in.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Katia Bobrova and Dima S (can't spell his last name LOL) did a great Free Dance to that music! It had a really epic lift in it and everything.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Congrats to Anna on a well-deserved win! She was by far the best here, no one else came close. I also really like the new music in her free skate. Before, the program was very one-note and monotonous but now there's a really nice build at the end! She had a few mistakes but I love that she was able to laugh at herself afterwards. Nice to see the 4F back too!

I enjoyed Frolova but not as much as yesterday. I think the program just needs more work, which is totally fine for this point in the season. Her skating is very elegant and sparse and I think the music highlights that very well. Also, that was quite the save on that lutz combo 👏

I feel bad for Maiia, today just wasn't her day. Lots of jump issues and her quad attempt was really just an overrated triple. Hopefully her next outing will be better and she'll have some time to put in work before then!
Maiia got terribly off the axis on her quad attempt today, that slowed her rotation IMO. Unfortunately it affected the rest of the skate. Pity, her 4S from the training is like walk in the park. I hope it was just the nerves and she will do well next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.