Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 156 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Which may be tomorrow because I'm still quite speechless.
THIS was pretty much my mood - when something stunning happens in a skating competition, and you just spend the rest of the day totally immersed in a blissful stupor :love2:
+2.52 GOE for the 4S (followed by 2 gorgeous 3As) here comes the officially upgraded, charged up Deniss for you :cool:

DenissVFan

Medalist
I can now more or less articulate my thoughts 😊

First of all, I’m incredibly happy for Deniss! I’m sure those who frequented this thread in the 2018/2019 season will know what I mean when I say that this was a moment we’ve been waiting for. I hoped we’d see a quad very soon, but didn’t expect he’d land it at the first competition of the season. It was really a glorious moment! And he landed two 3As in the FS on top of that. He still left a lot of points on the table in both programmes, so he can still significantly improve his score. Both music choices suit him very well and he gave us two wonderful performances, proving once again what an exceptional artist he is. It was really amazing to see him deliver this level of performance and technical elements in the first half of his FS. The Romeo and Juliet music cuts are indeed unusual, which is great. Above all it was a joy to see him so happy after his skate. He’s been working hard for this victory and I’m very happy for him.

Sadly, we didn’t see his real FS costume this time. Seeing his Chopin one here was pretty unexpected 😉

And here he is with his trophy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFmApiFjBE-/ 😊 I'm really proud of him!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Over the moon for that first successful quad salchow, but also very happy that Deniss used my favourite bits out of the Prokofiev ballet :love2:Tybalt's theme, balcony scene, Juliet's death, Lady Capulet going hysterical over Tybalt's death... (I love R&J for the side characters)

Ladybug89

On the Ice
So everyone... I still can’t believe what happend last weekend and even less so that I was one of the very few people who could experience it live. He landed that Quad really right in front of me. A moment beyond any words!

I think it hasn‘t been posted yet so in case you missed it, here is our fan-talk we had the morning after his victory:

And here are some pics from my big camera from after the medal ceremony:

DenissVFan

Medalist
So everyone... I still can’t believe what happend last weekend and even less so that I was one of the very few people who could experience it live. He landed that Quad really right in front of me. A moment beyond any words!

I think it hasn‘t been posted yet so in case you missed it, here is our fan-talk we had the morning after his victory:

And here are some pics from my big camera from after the medal ceremony:

Thank you for the photos, the fan talk, and of course for supporting Deniss there on behalf of us all! 😊 Very happy for you that you got to experience this glorious moment in person 🙂

DenissVFan

Medalist
Still hope for IdF, in Grenoble or in any other safer place... Because IdF means we see Deniss' EX :dance3:
If it was Khoudia who choreographed the EX, do you think it can be hip hop? Or house dance? It would be a surprise!
Provided the gala is not scrapped this year and he's invited (yes, I'm still bitter about last season's Rostelecom 👿). I think he said his exhibition is modern (which is indeed something you'd expect from Khoudia)? It should be fun and a contrast in style to Romeo 🙂 I hope we indeed see his ex soon. It's definitely something to look forward to. And of course kudos to Deniss for having three new programmes despite the current circumstances 🙂

icetug

Medalist
Deniss is on a cover of the newest issue of Pirouette magazine. And there is an interview inside... Nice bonus to the Nebelhorn win ;)