2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 434 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

silveruskate

On the Ice
Ouch, Plushenko also commented on Usacheva's flutz. This is almost like skating forum discussions being all pushed into the public. Even if he wants to say all this in private, although I think you can be more subtle and not name names so much...what he is doing by calling out Valieva and Usacheva in public is not ok.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
It's funny to see a chorus of voices here condemning a person who has expressed an opinion that is different from what they like. What happened ? Has he insulted your favorite skater? Humiliated him or their family? A little more and these people will wish Plushenko death here.
When your favorite “Great Coach” and her team were literally wiping their feet about little girls who dared to think about leaving for another coach, you were either modestly silent or justified her.
Duplicity does not paint anyone.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Has he insulted your favorite skater?

Well, to be fair, publicly discussing your rival‘s scores isn’t in good taste. Neither for an athlete nor the coach. I mean, I agree with him on the overscoring of Kamila and Daria but it wasn’t his business to address the issue. For all the horrible things she’s said, I don’t ever remember Eteri doing something similar. It’s just not something you do. IMO at least.

silveruskate

On the Ice
I have to say the *only* reason I like these comments is that he's clearing so much up! The whole Sasha/Rozanov situation is making a lot more sense. :laugh:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
is she seriously trying to take credit for making ladies’ figure skating popular? gurl...
no, she is lamenting the missed commercial opportunities had she been in charge over figure skating

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I have to say the *only* reason I like these comments is that he's clearing so much up! The whole Sasha/Rozanov situation is making a lot more sense. :laugh:
To me it started making a lot less sense... o_O like, tf, nothing’s adding up now.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Moving forward, we would like to ask that links to news, interviews, tidbits, etc. be created in a new thread in the Edge. Many users don't visit the "nationals" threads and are missing out these.

While we understand many may be in Russian, you don't have to translate the entire article if you don't want to. Just one sentence in English regarding the title/subject of the article will suffice with a link. Members can use google translate if interested further in the contents.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Valeriya Shulskaya, Veronika Zhilina at the barre:

silveruskate

On the Ice
To me it started making a lot less sense... o_O like, tf, nothing’s adding up now.
If Sasha told Plushie to bring Rozanov, he got a new superior post which Sasha provided for him. Maybe she expected loyalty. Maybe there were implicit conversations and Sasha shared that she wanted to leave her rivals. But in a way it was kind of a scenario of her action biting her in the back as he brought Kostornaia along with him. Now she doesn't even work with Rozanov, but shares a school with her rival again. It would be better if Rozanov wasn't even recommended in the first place. Who knows, maybe Ilinykh would still be working with her then.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
That's why one of my postings concerning the source of 'this investors' money' was censored, since it is money from exploitative contracts in the entertainment industry. One of the reasons why Rudkovskaya is hated so much.

When signed by consenting adult artists under contract, I am OK with it.

But with unknowing figure skating families it's another matter. Those parents are not stupid, and try to bargain a better deal, but when you really want 'ice' for your girl, perhaps you have little choice?

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Well, yes, basically he did. Why would he do such a cruel and nprofessional thing?

All a coach is required to say, when the subject of rival skaters comes up, is ... nothing.
Here I completely agree with you. This cannot be done. Never. I can express here or anywhere else my assessment of any athlete. Everything I think about. I'm just a fan. This is unacceptable for a coach or athlete.

Last edited:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
All a coach is required to say, when the subject of rival skaters comes up, is ... nothing.
I do not agree. I don't like what Plushenko has done, and in general figure skating personalities seem to lack insight and manners, and figure skating unfortunately has a political bent, but I would personally like to hear informative critique from a variety of sources. If you want to go all literal and say "they are not *required* to", sure. But nothing inherently wrong with it.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Moving forward, any and all discussions of coaches should be posted at the link below or in their individual Fan Fest thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.