2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Acccording to TASS:

"Dima really fell ill, but he suffers a mild illness. Sasha Boykova has a negative test," Moskvina said, adding that she herself was not infected either.

"There is no reason for serious concern - the situation is difficult all over the world, you need to go through it," added Moskvina. "Illness and disease, this situation must be lived through. We sincerely wish everyone health, we are hugging everyone online, wearing masks. "

Good old Tamara :)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Acccording to TASS:

"Dima really fell ill, but he suffers a mild illness. Sasha Boykova has a negative test," Moskvina said, adding that she herself was not infected either.

"There is no reason for serious concern - the situation is difficult all over the world, you need to go through it," added Moskvina. "Illness and disease, this situation must be lived through. We sincerely wish everyone health, we are hugging everyone online, wearing masks. "

she should tell that to her fellow coaches

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
If Kozlovski and Galliamov were hanging out at the Moskvina school, then we shouldn't be too surprised. I heard the symptoms are light, so that's good. I also heard that both Boikova and Mishina are fine, but idk if that means asymptomatic or negative test result. Hopefully both. But if B/K are practicing that James Bond ending when they pull their faces up to each other and breathe....

I think the best solution for this problem is for the rink and gym to be disinfected often, and partners are allowed to handle each other and maybe one other team, but other than that, they must stay distant. Because now that Galliamov and Kozlovski have it, their entire club is in danger. It spreads like wildfire. All the best.

If both M/G and B/K miss the entire series along with Aliev, Danielian, StepBuk, SinKat, Medvedeva, Samsonov, and Sinitsyna, then I think federation will come up with alternative qualification.

gabriele

On the Ice
Acccording to TASS:

Doesn't she have a 91 year old husband at home? :unsure: Hope they both stay safe....

vorravorra

Record Breaker
If Kozlovski and Galliamov were hanging out at the Moskvina school, then we shouldn't be too surprised. I heard the symptoms are light, so that's good. I also heard that both Boikova and Mishina are fine, but idk if that means asymptomatic or negative test result. Hopefully both. But if B/K are practicing that James Bond ending when they pull their faces up to each other and breathe....

I think the best solution for this problem is for the rink and gym to be disinfected often, and partners are allowed to handle each other and maybe one other team, but other than that, they must stay distant. Because now that Galliamov and Kozlovski have it, their entire club is in danger. It spreads like wildfire. All the best.

If both M/G and B/K miss the entire series along with Aliev, Danielian, StepBuk, SinKat, Medvedeva, Samsonov, and Sinitsyna, then I think federation will come up with alternative qualification.
Negative test results. Galliamov was asymptomatic with a positive test. Sometimes even spouses don't infect each other. It's can be a mystery.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
The other side of the great partner swap Stanislava Vislobokova/Dmitri Ialin made their competitive debut today. I found it funny that they were skating to Kalinka in seniors a day after Davydov said that 12 year old Berestovskaia "outgrew" the song. But I liked it, more mature.

Frankly, I don't see the chemistry. They seem like a very new team that was thrown together because there were no other options and they were getting frustrated. The video that someone found didn't have good quality and lagged on the lift and the throw, so we don't know how that went but I would assume it went fine. Just fine. They also did 2A as the side by side in the sp of a senior event, so I wonder how her triples look at this point. We will see soon.

Like Kostiukovich, I hope that Vislobokova will not grow any more so that this team will last.

There is promise for this team. Considering they have been together for less than 2 months and were quite decent with their previous partners, I think they can overcome their height deficiencies and possibly make a voice for themselves. They won't qualify to nationals this year, maybe some smaller events or St. Petersburg competitions. Despite the promise and short partnership, I frankly don't see either Vislobokova or Ialin reaching the levels that they did with their previous partners, nor do I expect them to ever reach the heights of Kostiukovich/Briukhanov, who I consider to be a future world champion quality team (might they win junior worlds this year?) I wish them success and they both have individually lovely qualities. Dima is incredibly stable in the lifts - with Polina's fluctuating weight and changing body, and now with Vislobokova's height. Stanislava has good moments too.

Among the other teams that competed or were supposed to, all eyes on Vasilieva/Volodin and Akhanteva/Kolesov but it seems they have withdrawn.

Last edited:

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
The other side of the great partner swap Stanislava Vislobokova/Dmitri Ialin made their competitive debut today. I found it funny that they were skating to Kalinka in seniors a day after Davydov said that 12 year old Berestovskaia "outgrew" the song. But I liked it, more mature.

Frankly, I don't see the chemistry. They seem like a very new team that was thrown together because there were no other options and they were getting frustrated. The video that someone found didn't have good quality and lagged on the lift and the throw, so we don't know how that went but I would assume it went fine. Just fine. They also did 2A as the side by side in the sp of a senior event, so I wonder how her triples look at this point. We will see soon.

At first I thought, wow, Stanislava has grown so much taller! Then I realized how short Ialin is for a pairs skater - they seem ok for now but if she grows any more, then it's done. She's only 16, so fingers crossed.

There is promise for this team. Considering they have been together for less than 2 months and were quite decent with their previous partners, I think they can overcome their height deficiencies and possibly make a voice for themselves. They won't qualify to nationals this year, maybe some smaller events or St. Petersburg competitions. Despite the promise and short partnership, I frankly don't see either Vislobokova or Ialin reaching the levels that they did with their previous partners, nor do I expect them to ever reach the heights of Kostiukovich/Briukhanov, who I consider to be a future world champion quality team (might they win junior worlds this year?) I wish them success and they both have individually lovely qualities. Dima is incredibly stable in the lifts - with Polina's fluctuating weight and changing body, and now with Vislobokova's height. Stanislava has good moments too.

Among the other teams that competed or were supposed to, all eyes on Vasilieva/Volodin and Akhanteva/Kolesov but it seems they have withdrawn.
One throw can be seen almost in it's entirety at 7:44 here >>> **BROADCAST ERRORS** - Станислава Вислобокова / Дмитрий Ялин - КП - Мемориал Н.А.Панина - 15.10.2020

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Today's results:

Senior:
1. Daria Pavliuchenko/Denis Khodykin (minor error)
2. Iuliia Artemeva/Mikhail Nazarychev
3. Alina Pepeleva/Roman Pleshkov (aborted lift)
4. Diana Mukhamezianova/Ilya Mironov (fall)

Junior:
1. Polina Kostiukovich/Alexei Briukhanov (STUNNING but he needs to improve his charisma, looks like a brick wall next to her)
2. Anastasia Mukhortova/Dmitri Evgeniev (2A fall)

Great performances today, my highlight was of course K/B. I really think this team is destined for great things. The fact that Polina Kostiukovich got 7s in PCS is a crime, but then again he is not very charismatic. Kuzmina/Khvalko had a fall on the throw, I'm worried she is becoming too tall for him.

I think there will be some shifting in terms of the top standings in both senior and junior this year. We havne't seen Boikova/Kozlovski or Mishina/Galliamov yet, but I expect them to be 1-2 in any sort of order. IF Tarasova/Morozov can't get it together, then it's over for them. Pavliuchenko/Khodykin are looking good, they are still boring but the programs are good this year. I wonder why they don't put 3F in the short. Panfilova/Rylov are out for whatever reason, and she recently posted about missing the competition, and I get the feeling that Rylov is still not back to training, so I expect them to miss Russian cup. And of course, there is still the overarching question of her triple and whether or not she will outgrow him.

In juniors, I think Artemeva/Nazarychev are the best at the moment. But there is something missing about this team. Neither are extremely strong or exciting, and their elements are just ok. Also quite inconsistent, but we saw at stage 1 that the judges are willing to give them big scores. Akhanteva/Kolesov were the ones I expected to dominate this season, but Ksenia is getting concerningly tall. I had hope that they would last due to their small age difference and longevity, but it remains to be seen if they can overcome her puberty issues. And please, take out the triple toe. Scares the crap out of me every single time. Mukhortova/Evgeniev, Belova/Chigirev and Kuzmina/Khvalko just aren't up to the level yet. So then I think A/N can battle it out with the new stars Kostiukovich/Ialin. I am rooting for Kostiukovich, but A/N have better throws and jumps. Shoutout to Iuliia for landing all her triples lately.

icetug

Medalist
So then I think A/N can battle it out with the new stars Kostiukovich/Ialin.
So I am not the only one who automaticly puts "Ialin" after "Kostiukovich" :D
I know that Briukhanov is a better choice for Polina in a long term, but I miss Kostiukovich/Ialin so much...

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin are looking good, they are still boring but the programs are good this year. I wonder why they don't put 3F in the short.
Short programme is the one where you show your best and try to earn placing as higher as possible and to create the biggerst gap for free. So triple toe with positive GOEs will bring more benefits than 3F with edge calls. When there is e! that 3F costs almost the same as 3T in BV, but with less GOE. And if the edge is definitely wrong it's even cheaper. So they will insert 3F in short programme only when they polish it to be without edge issues.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
So I am not the only one who automaticly puts "Ialin" after "Kostiukovich" :D
I know that Briukhanov is a better choice for Polina in a long term, but I miss Kostiukovich/Ialin so much...
Oops, my bad :)

You're right. Alexei is a better fit in terms of age and technical ability, but there was something so special about Polya and Dima. Alexei seems more like a friend, and Dima more like an older brother. She was a little girl who wanted the world to look at her beauty and he never tried to take it away from her. They were so different from everyone else, so memorable. I will always miss their Saranbande program (the best program of 2019/20) and their little pop lift.

From the photo that Polina posted on instagram, it seems like they won again. Can't find videos yet, but A/N were also great in the senior section. First clean free in forever. It will be quite the battle come junior nationals.

Does anyone know about if Kostiukovich/*Briukhanov* win both their junior events, can they qualiy to senior nationals too? Or only junior. Btw no offense to Dima, but putting him on the national team partnerless while ditching Polina and leaving her without ice until July was quite the mistake. Same thing with Mishina/Mirzoev.

I don't know how Iuliia Artemeva or Polina Panfilova will grow in the future, so here's to world champions Polina Kostiukovich/Alexei Briukhanov. Speaking of which, it seems that Panfilova/Rylov may not be ready for Rostelecom or the last two stages. I Wonder who will be sent in their place. And ofc I wish Rylov well, and I hope that Panfilova will not grow too much over this time.

Last edited:

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Does anyone know about if Kostiukovich/*Briukhanov* win both their junior events, can they qualiy to senior nationals too?
Thank you for an interesting question. I went to the Fed's website to look up the rules. If they want to take part in senior nationals they must do two Russian cup events in senior category.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

the prospective young pair

Last edited: