2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I hope Mozalev brings your family a lot of cake in the next couple of years 😆

Just caught up with the last group of young men, it was a pretty good day for them! You'll be pleased...
Really looking forward to it. I am so grateful to the Cup that we have figure skating this fall. Plus, I quite enjoy seeing the Great Russian Skating Warehouses with all those athletes we’d normally do not get to see and the selection process into nationals.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And, yay! Grishin was right when he called the last warm-up group for the junior men in Kazan’ a ‘concert’. Lovely bright performances, and the podium hard to disagree with, not that we ever disagree with judges, amiright?

Now, fingers crossed that Anisimov mined enough points with his placements to get into Junior Nationals, which I think he did? Ah, we need charts for it!

Dikidji is totally becoming my fav junior along with Kutovoy, and Belyavskiy’s jumping is super-strong. Sarnovskiy will grow into the choreo and props to Plushenko’s school working on choreo early, but tbh Ugozhaev was far more natural with it (is not he from Danienko’s school like Kutovoy? If so, 👍)

but, lol, we have both types of music, Queen AND Cathedrals is a wee bit tiring.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I have to say that Russian gentlemen looked brilliant vs Japanese Grand Prix. Which, naturally, didn’t include their best two, but show for show...

readernick

Medalist
I have to say that Russian gentlemen looked brilliant vs Japanese Grand Prix. Which, naturally, didn’t include their best two, but show for show...
For once, I agree. Usually, I far prefer the Japanese men. Better SS and usually fewer YOLO quads, but the Japanese men this year are really throwing everything but the kitchen sink into their programs. They need to dial the technical content back a bit.

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland

Yeah I'm really loving the new generation of Russian men, they seem more artistic and we're starting to see a really deep field emerge, maybe not on the level of Russian ladies but I can see it getting to that point.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Yeah I'm really loving the new generation of Russian men, they seem more artistic and we're starting to see a really deep field emerge, maybe not on the level of Russian ladies but I can see it getting to that point.
For the first time in years they were better than the russian ladies and more interesting... I think it's because they now have competition .. it's not clear who is going to euros or worlds... it's almost an open field for everyone with almost of them with 4 in SP and LP

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And, the list is out for seniors. Only 7 entries, I hoped for some additions from earlier stages... but maybe the guys I remembered were from juniors. I think my kid will have no troubles with 2 cakes minimum from this list 😇

Kolyada, Gummenik, Ryukhin, Erohov, Zotov, Vakhrushev, Katichev

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Dmitry Aliyev also ill with pneumonia:

Seems there are more covid or not related lung infections. And FFKKR keeps insisting its measures and the adherence to them at Rostelekom and any other event of late were adequate ...

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Dmitry Aliyev also ill with pneumonia:

Seems there are more covid or not related lung infections. And FFKKR keeps insisting its measures and the adherence to them at Rostelekom and any other event of late were adequate ...
Rukavicin has confirmed a positive coronavirus test.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Lesson to RusFed: Testing is only practical if you quarantine the skater between taking the test and getting the results, otherwise they could get infected in the interim. And since some incubation period is required before even asymptomatic carriers are detectable, you have to do 2 tests spaced several days apart (that's what everyone has to do when returning to NZ - the US CDC is beginning to cut corners on this requirement, but mainly because of economic pressure and the fact that it is the epicentre).
Since that much waiting is not practical for actively competing skaters, I doubt RusFed's abbreviated testing policy has any use. If you want to do a competition you have to assume everyone could be a potential carrier and behave accordingly i.e. with masks (and distancing in case of improper mask wearing).

Sorry for the rant, I'm just pissed off on behalf of Rukavicin's and Mishin's skaters (and others).

haribobo

On the Ice
Top Russian Scores this season for probable National qualifiers (RUS Cup and GP)

MEN
Mikhail Kolyada 283
Andrei Mozalev 274
Peter Gumennik 268
Dmitri Aliev 265
Evgeny Semenenko 264
Makar Ignatov 260
Artem Kovalev 255
Alexander Samarin 253
Roman Savosin 250
Egor Rukhin 246
Ilia Yablokov 245
Alexei Erokhov 226
Artem Lezheev 225
Anton Shulepov 201
Maxim Varakin 182
Vladislav Katichev 181
No score: Artur Danielian, Daniil Samsonov
(alt: Artem Zotov 205, Mark Kondratyuk 219)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
There was no word on Danielyan’s chances to be at the Nationals lately, was it?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There was no word on Danielyan’s chances to be at the Nationals lately, was it?

From my understanding, Danielian went back to CSKA for off ice training but isn't skating at the moment unless he returned in the last few days. The impression he and his coach gave is that they are not in a hurry for anything because they have no timeline for his recovery and she said in November they have nothing planned for the immediate future. I don't expect to see him anytime soon but you never know.

Last edited: