2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I saw on Twitter today people designing Haagen Dasz ice cream containers (including with figure skaters), and I thought it would be perfect for Yablokov’s tastes, lol
he should propose himself as testimonial :LOL:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Really enjoyed novice boys competition on stage 2 of Moscow championship, but I’m legitimately starting to hate the Bohemian Rhapsody, which was one of my jams once..... even novice Russian boys were struck by the Queen epidemic! I’m wondering if they just coordinated behind the scenes to deliver as much Queen as possible this season.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nationals

Aliev
Varakin
Gumennik
Erokhov
Zotov
Ignatov
Katichev
Kovalev
Kolyada
Kondratiuk
Lezheev
Mozalev
Rukhin
Savosin
Samarin
Semenenko
Shulepov
Yablokov

Alternates

Murashov
M. Petrov
Murzin

Murashov, Petrov IN
Erokhov, Savosin OUT

Training groups are posted here

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Murashov, Petrov IN
Erokhov, Savosin OUT

Training groups are posted here
Excited to see Petrov, but what happened to Erokhov and Savosin? Are they sick or quarantined?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Aliev withdraws from nationals.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Aliev withdraws from nationals.
Expected as he only returned to training on 15 December after a long illness.

Last edited:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
After what we saw last week, anyone want to venture a prediction for Jr Nats? :laugh:

Funnily I saw Kondratiuk early in the season as a dark horse, but shortly after he imploded at one Russian Cup stage I thought not... Well, look how that turned out :p

I haven't been keeping a detailed tally of scores/qualifications so far, but providing no COVID-related withdrawals Kovalev, Semenenko, Kondratiuk and Yablokov might be considered frontrunners for the podium given their performance so far as domestic seniors. Samsonov too, provided he's recovered from his injury.

My artistic favourites Vetlugin and Kutovoi probably don't have enough technical firepower. Some other youngsters like Sarnovsky, Lukin, Anisimov, Dikidzhi etc. are promising but seem to lack consistency or haven't fully developed in certain areas.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Are they even having Junior Nats? 🤔 Now that there's no Junior Worlds? I thought I read something...perhaps I'm imagining it.

Tatjana

On the Ice
Interview with Mikhail Kolyada: