2020-2021 Programs by Discipline | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2020-2021 Programs by Discipline

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
https://www.espn.com/olympics/story...e-dancers-prepare-skate-america-pandemic-easy

According to this article, Chock and Bates are keeping both their 19-20 programs- they had a new FD but decided to table it as they missed a lot of training this summer due to a minor injury and then having to quarantine again after being exposed to COVID.
This is a throwaway season, they should have kept the Short Dance, but gone with a new FD, because they realllllyy need to do that Snake Charmer program for the Olympic season (doing it for a 3rd season in a row would be completely unprecedented in Dance, possibly it wouldn't be too frowned upon in this specific instance, but it could lose some edge); I'd be shocked if they can get a better program than that.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm just curious, is this a record? It's Christmas Eve, he has actually entered the building for his official practice... and still no one knows what Yuzuru's programs are going to be...

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice
Better late than never! :)

Yuzuru Hanyu
SP: Let Me Entertain You by Robbie Williams (choreo by Jeffrey Buttle)
FS: Heaven and Earth by Isao Tomita (choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne)

There was some confusion about whether the SP is by Robbie or by Queen but I believe it's confirmed now. The FS is soundtrack from a taiga drama.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Better late than never! :)

Yuzuru Hanyu
SP: Let Me Entertain You by Robbie Williams (choreo by Jeffrey Buttle)
FS: Heaven and Earth by Isao Tomita (choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne)

There was some confusion about whether the SP is by Robbie or by Queen but I believe it's confirmed now. The FS is soundtrack from a taiga drama.
Yes, the SP has now been confirmed as the Robbie Williams one. The anticipation on social media about what he is going to wear - for both - is now skyhigh.

MuseGuy11

Rinkside
Alena Kostornaia has a brand new free program, again choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne. Her old program (Abel Korzeniowski medley from various films such as Nocturnal Animals and Romeo and Juliet) received negative critiques from the Russian Figure Skating Federation.

• Sad
Reactions: ana

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Alena Kostornaia has a brand new free program, again choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne. Her old program (Abel Korzeniowski medley from various films such as Nocturnal Animals and Romeo and Juliet) received negative critiques from the Russian Figure Skating Federation.
Did you take this information from Kostornaia's Instagram, where she talked about her new program and Lakernik coming to see it - https://www.instagram.com/p/CKlGN58JJ5f/?igshid=mqjzgsdq4nq1?

In the comments section she was asked if they had replaced her program from Shae-Lynn Bourne or was she talking about it/the same program and she answered that she was talking about it. For her this program is still new, as she has skated it only at two competitions. But I guess they have made some changes to it, perhaps added more choreography.

MuseGuy11

Rinkside
Did you take this information from Kostornaia's Instagram, where she talked about her new program and Lakernik coming to see it - https://www.instagram.com/p/CKlGN58JJ5f/?igshid=mqjzgsdq4nq1?

In the comments section she was asked if they had replaced her program from Shae-Lynn Bourne or was she talking about it/the same program and she answered that she was talking about it. For her this program is still new, as she has skated it only at two competitions. But I guess they have made some changes to it, perhaps added more choreography.
To be honest, while I did see Kostornaia's instagram, my friend was the one who told me first about the re-do of the program; I took her word for it and it appears she may have been wrong.

In other news:

Daniil Samsonov (Russia)
SP: Prelude in C-sharp minor (Bells of Moscow Prelude) by Sergei Rachmaninoff
FS: Exogenesis: Symphony Part 2 by Muse

Last edited:

MuseGuy11

Rinkside
Ksenia Sinitsyna has reused her 2019-2020 programs:

Ksenia Sinitsyna (Russia):
SP: Alfonsina Y El Mar by Ane Brun
FS:
Vajrasattva Matra and Wrench & Numbers from Fargo by Jeff Russo
Dakini: Movement 4 from Flesh and Bone by Adam Crystal

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
just cross-posting program announcements
Lee Hae-in
SP: Ave Maria
LP: Black Swan

Lim Eunsoo
SP: Capriccio Espagnol
LP: East of Eden

Kim Yelim
SP: Liebestraum
LP: Love Story

fan source: https://twitter.com/_xxxkkkk/status/1362285652390281216

rabidline

Final Flight
Andrei Kutovoi
FS: Ave Maria by Thomas Spencer-Wortley

Seoyeong Wi
SP: Viejos Aires by Ensamble Nuevo Tango
FS: Tristan & Iseult by Maxime Rodriguez

Ahsun Yun
SP: La Strada by Nino Rota
FS: Star Wars Soundtrack: "Across The Stars", "Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale" by John Williams

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Can we vote on this thread which program we thought was the best?

For me, it was hands down Maria Talalaikina's magnificent Maleficent program. It was just fab, and she sold it very well. I hope she keeps it for next season.

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Can we vote on this thread which program we thought was the best?

For me, it was hands down Maria Talalaikina's magnificent Maleficent program. It was just fab, and she sold it very well. I hope she keeps it for next season.
we usually have the golden skates accolades for it